What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith: I nearly walked away

Hurriflatch

Referee
Lyon didn't walk away

His pig walked away, Lyon just had the unfortunate case of being stuck to it at the time

parra73

Juniors
Smartman said:
Now thats harsh eelementary ;-)

At least that young Kiwi has fingers that contains a premiership ring
icon14.gif

as good as player when fit you must have a short memory smartman, just remember who got caught DUI, so he aint no angel!

Nikki

Coach
Man I wanted to give Timmy such a huge hug after reading that article. I tell you what, I dont envy these kids. I think he handled the whole situation rather well for a 21 year old. Good on him and good on the club.

PB

Bench
parra73 said:
as good as player when fit you must have a short memory smartman, just remember who got caught DUI, so he aint no angel!

Not to mention the 7 times his car was tracked speeding....

"but i wasn't driving the car on any of those occaisions your honour"....:p

He must have Willie "take no responsibility, blame it on someone else" Mason as a mentor. What a good club!:lol:

PB

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
- He thought about walking away from the NRL
- Spent some time with his family on the Gold Coast during Christmas that changed him mind

Thank goodness his dad is a Parra supporter.....:)

Eelementary

Post Whore
sportive cupid said:
:roll: owww.... poor diddums

I agree, though.

We're always saying he has a good head on his shoulders, yadda yadda yadda.

Yet at the first sign of trouble, his response is to leave...

Hellsy

Immortal
He does have a good head on his shoulders...... he thought it through fully and decided he wanted to play footy. If he was going to leave then he would have gone when the story came out.
No-one should be chastised for a moment of weakness when it looks like your world is coming down on top of you. There are plenty of days I'd like to quit my job, but I don't, you go away and think things through with the people you love and the right thing comes from that

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
I agree, though.

We're always saying he has a good head on his shoulders, yadda yadda yadda.

Yet at the first sign of trouble, his response is to leave...

He is still only just 21 years old...... I still ask the advice of my family at 32 yrs old. I'd also be questioning whether a league career would be worth being dragged through the papers for something the police felt wasn't worth investigating at all.

Poor response IMO from sportive, but one she is entitled too.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What I was trying to get at was that:

* It was clearly a non-issue, as judged by the police not investigating matters further;

* Quitting the game would not solve anything.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I have no problem with him consulting his family - power to him.

But to consider walking away after an event like that is just disappointing to me...

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
What I was trying to get at was that:

* It was clearly a non-issue, as judged by the police not investigating matters further;

Which was quite possibly the reason Tim was wondering why there was such a fuss.

* Quitting the game would not solve anything.

Takes him out of the public eye. Tim has spent the last twelve months as a media darling and *bang* first sniff of controversy they jump on him for what amounted to nought. Questioning whether or not to continue playing is worth the bad publicity is only human nature......

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'vw gotta agree 100% with Hellsy

and anyone who doesn't isn't only lying to everyone else but they are lying to themselves too.

Who here can honestly say they haven't had a bad day, wekk, month or even year at work and considered chucking it in?

I'm betting less then 1 person

But how many of us actually have done that?

Timmy being in the public eye something like this would come out more so then if Hellsy considered quitting her job but after talking to her family, friends and work collegues she liked changed her mind.

There is really no difference between the two aside from public interest.

Latest posts