What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith: Rate him AFTER the game

Bazal

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:
Good old blame the forwards syndrome its really getting quite pathetic. The forwards werent doing much the last few weeks anyway and we were still winnning games in the backs off good breaks.

You really are quite geniused aren't you little fella? Forward stats for our last three wins...

Rnd 24 vs Roosters

Riddell 119m
Hindmarsh 132m
Marsh 96m
Cayless got injured in this game and several backs stepped up

Rnd 23 vs Sharks

Cayless 148m
Robinson 114m
Hindmarsh 119m
Wagon 132m
Morrison 95m
Cordoba 114m

Rnd 22 vs Dragons

Cayless 123m
Robinson 114m
Hindmarsh 161m
Cordoba 156m

Yeah mate, our forwards have been struggling in our wins. :roll:

Last night we struggled because our hitup quality was poor. Amazingly several forwards did make over 100m (Robbo, Hindy, Wags and Morro), but the number of hitups they ate to do so was high. Our go forward was poor, thus Tim Smith had very little space, thus he wasn't as effective as he can be. It's really quite a simple equation for anyone with a brain cell count higher than 47. Your Smith hating is getting quite boring to be honest, you're no better than trolls like BBSF and Effnic....

ParraManiac

Juniors
jayjayselmes said:
I agress morriss was rubbish last night. But most games that we have tim at number 7 is games that we have lost consistently in 2006. I think Jeremy was at 8 from 9 wins since choker smith got injured.

Most games tim has played in this year we have lost quite convincingly.

But hay maybe is just a coincidence right?? :lol:

Are you really that stupid mate? Surely you are just pulling all our legs right?

We have had this argument too many times to be bothered going over it again.

Bazal

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:
I agress morriss was rubbish last night. But most games that we have tim at number 7 is games that we have lost consistently in 2006. I think Jeremy was at 8 from 9 wins since choker smith got injured.

Most games tim has played in this year we have lost quite convincingly.

But hay maybe is just a coincidence right?? :lol:

And the minority keeps mumbling....

You are a complete fool, do you realise? You have never once justified why Tim Smith is to blame for our poor form at the start of the year, have you? And if anyone mentions what he did in 2005 you completely vanish. It's really quite an amusing act. Is it a coincidence? Yes. Have you considered, maybe even just fleetingly, that there are 17 players in a side? At the start of the year we surrendered convincing leads (which we attained off the back of Tim Smith, mind you) through poor attitude and defence. Was that Smiths fault? At the halfway point of the year we had conceded more tries than anyone bar Souths (we still, however, had a decent point scoring record compared to many). Was that Smiths fault too? We crumbled under pressure in defence, is that Smiths fault? I eagerly await your response, I'm sure it will be logical as always

ParraManiac

Juniors
I thought Tims first half was near perfect! He didnt try to do too much, got involved when he needed to and did all the little things right, he displayed a level of maturity I havent seen from him before.

I do think however he needed to make his presence felt in the second half not just with the ball in hand, he needed to grab this team by the scruff of the neck, push them on verbally and demand the ball from the dummy half. Obviously he didnt do this as he was still feeling his way back in. I just hope he can do it in the finals. When he is at his best that is what he does.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ain't it funny....jay jay is presented a logical argument and he vanishes...here's hoping he stays that way.

Bazal

Post Whore
ParraManiac said:
I think his carer found him and put him back in his box.

LOL. I can just picture it, the carer walks up and finds jayjay slathering in the corner of a dark room, foaming at the mouth and going "Tim Smith....PJ Marsh halfback....no, don't take my Wade!!"

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bazal said:
LOL. I can just picture it, the carer walks up and finds jayjay slathering in the corner of a dark room, foaming at the mouth and going "Tim Smith....PJ Marsh halfback....no, don't take my Wade!!"
the funny thing is you can just picture it :crazy: poor disturbed little man.

caylo

Bench
the one reason i would have timmy over any halfback in the comp, is his ability to get repeat sets at will... he showed that last night. earlyer in the year he tried to do 2 much, but now he has gone back to wot works for him, and doesn't it work for him. BUT if the forwards dont perform, the halfback wont... and we where dominated in the 2nd half

parra pete

Referee
<UPtheEELS> said:
He ran the ball, I was happy with his performance.

You should add 'for a 4 metre match tally'....
But as I posted, I thought he did fine after a long period off.
Jayjayselmes is entitled to his opinion...just because we are in the minority in regards to assessment of T Smith's ability, doesn't make up WRONG - or RIGHT for that matter. It is an opinion....
Ob la di, ob la dah...

Utey

Coach
parra pete said:
You should add 'for a 4 metre match tally'....
But as I posted, I thought he did fine after a long period off.
Jayjayselmes is entitled to his opinion...just because we are in the minority in regards to assessment of T Smith's ability, doesn't make up WRONG - or RIGHT for that matter. It is an opinion....
Ob la di, ob la dah...

We got dominated. No halfback makes 100m in this comp. He went MIA in the 2nd half but Iam still confident for next week.

parra pete

Referee
See how he goes against Cooper Cronk. I thought J Morris, L ODwyer had their worst games of the season against the Cowdies.
Surely they couldn't go that bad again. How long has it been since Ben Smith made a break and he has a bad habit of racing out of the line in defence, creating a hole. He (Ben Smith) will need to work on that otherwise M King and B Slater will have a field day.
No pressure on the Eels against a side expected to thrash them...Complacency is a funny thing - as the Eels have found out in recent seasons...This year, the boot is on the other foot. Keep the faith.

parra pete said:
See how he goes against Cooper Cronk. I thought J Morris, L ODwyer had their worst games of the season against the Cowdies.
Surely they couldn't go that bad again. How long has it been since Ben Smith has made a break and he has a bad habit of racing out of the line in defence, creating a hole. He (Ben Smith) will need to work on that otherwise M King and B Slater will have a field day.
No pressure on the Eels against a side expected to thrash them...Complacency is a funny thing as the Eels have found out in recent seasons...This year the boot is on the other foot. Keep the faith.

Ben Smith is not Mobile enough to play in the 3/4. He is not quick at all. His defence is ok but can still get caught out if a faster man takes him on. I don't know what the future lies for ben because he has No strength to play in forwards either. He is easily dominated in tackles.

mickdo

Coach
Benny is still recovering from that leg injury don't forget. He hasn't really been up to his previous best since. Hopefully next year he will be fully over it.

Utey

Coach
Jake the snake said:
Ben Smith is not Mobile enough to play in the 3/4. He is not quick at all. His defence is ok but can still get caught out if a faster man takes him on. I don't know what the future lies for ben because he has No strength to play in forwards either. He is easily dominated in tackles.

lol.

<UPtheEELS> said:

What's so funny. He is not fast and he is not strong. Have a good look when he takes a hit up next. He drops too quick for a man his size. He has been found out a few times in defence when fast men take him on. And the fact that he was not quick enough to accelerate and catch shane tronc who is a 120kg front rower speaks volumes about Ben Smiths pace.

Smiths strong point is that he comes out of the line some times and nails people in defence. He is a good hole runner and would score a try when close to the line. But as for Running 40m or 50m and evading players don't put your house on it.

By the way saw Willie Tonga at the Roxy on Saturday night...... Let's just say we had a good ole laugh about Brian Smith and his technical ways.

Latest posts