What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith: Rate him AFTER the game

Bazal

Post Whore
parra pete said:
You should add 'for a 4 metre match tally'....
But as I posted, I thought he did fine after a long period off.
Jayjayselmes is entitled to his opinion...just because we are in the minority in regards to assessment of T Smith's ability, doesn't make up WRONG - or RIGHT for that matter. It is an opinion....
Ob la di, ob la dah...

Difference is, you justify your opinion. I respect that you don't rate Timmy, because you give a legitimate reason and I can see where you are coming from. Jayjay just craps on about the poor kid, and when asked why he doesn't rate him, or when presented with an argument, he makes like David Copperfield....

Bazal

Post Whore
hineyrulz said:
the funny thing is you can just picture it :crazy: poor disturbed little man.

Well, to be fair I am delightfully insane myself....:crazy: :D

Utey

Coach
Jake the snake said:
What's so funny. He is not fast and he is not strong. Have a good look when he takes a hit up next. He drops too quick for a man his size. He has been found out a few times in defence when fast men take him on. And the fact that he was not quick enough to accelerate and catch shane tronc who is a 120kg front rower speaks volumes about Ben Smiths pace.

Smiths strong point is that he comes out of the line some times and nails people in defence. He is a good hole runner and would score a try when close to the line. But as for Running 40m or 50m and evading players don't put your house on it.

By the way saw Willie Tonga at the Roxy on Saturday night...... Let's just say we had a good ole laugh about Brian Smith and his technical ways.

Its just funny that so many Parra fans only bring out the "bagging crusade" once we lose a few games. Its getting boring.

I give full credability to people who can judge players when the side is travelling well, because I know I cant do that. But its just lame when you target one player and start telling them what their deficiencies are.

<UPtheEELS> said:
Its just funny that so many Parra fans only bring out the "bagging crusade" once we lose a few games. Its getting boring.

I give full credability to people who can judge players when the side is travelling well, because I know I cant do that. But its just lame when you target one player and start telling them what their deficiencies are.

Just my opinion.... I always say something win, lose or draw. I don't care if you find it Lame.;-)

Utey

Coach
No doubt he hasnt been on his game as he was last season. In fact atm he is a shadow of what he was last year, but saying Ben doesnt have a future is rubbish. We all saw what he was capable of and that is still in my mind. If we had won none of this would have even been spoken of.

lucablight

First Grade
I actually think Jake makes some good points and would have held the same views even if we were winning. Then people would have told him to shutup because we're winning and we can't bag a winning side can we? Alot of his criticisms are backed up by evidence and it's not just mindless bashing. I think uptheeels is being a bit harsh.

Utey

Coach
Once again its very difficult to bag a winning side, the formula we had when we were on the roll was working and JT said (as all good coaches all do) "he wanted to keep the side as stable as possible". At different times of the streak some players looked out of sorts, like J.Smith but he goes down and your looking at a side playing a different brand of footy.

Freak2

Juniors
I thought Tim did OK especially considering the poor 10 metres and the lying on the player playing the ball. Our game has to be from dummy half now and Hayne gave us nothing on Friday.

I saw the writing on the wall along way out and I'm not sure if that is a very very bad sign or simply a care factor on who we were playing this week in the finals....... Hopefully the later!!

fish eel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
No doubt he hasnt been on his game as he was last season. In fact atm he is a shadow of what he was last year, but saying Ben doesnt have a future is rubbish. We all saw what he was capable of and that is still in my mind. If we had won none of this would have even been spoken of.

Someone else used that argument last week, and I just think it's a crock.

We didnt win, we didnt get close to winning, so whats the point in talking about saying if we had won...it's like saying if we had beaten the cowboys last year....:roll:

Ben Smith, offensively, has been very ordinary this year. Solid in defence, yep, but slow motion ball in hand. If Tahu was to be fit, that's whose spot he should take...and if Ben wants to keep Inu out next year, he is going to need to really lift and get back to his 05 form.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
Ben Smith, offensively, has been very ordinary this year. Solid in defence, yep, but slow motion ball in hand. If Tahu was to be fit, that's whose spot he should take...and if Ben wants to keep Inu out next year, he is going to need to really lift and get back to his 05 form.

the thing is fish..Inu's defence has be horrible this year when he's played

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
the thing is fish..Inu's defence has be horrible this year when he's played

Sure, but he is just a pup...next year he'll be that bit older...that bit stronger...I'm not suggesting he'll start the year ahead of Benny, but given time, who knows?

Latest posts