What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith: Rate him AFTER the game

Avenger said:
Jake and Ron.

I reckon he played well in the first half. He is twice the player Jeremy Smith is. I just wish he was a little nippier and a tad faster.

I hear that lower grade halfback (that we signed) Moloney is just that.

I'd rather have Tim's Vision than a runner that can't set up play's. Jeremy is a good example of this VERY NIPPY but offers no direction or Vision to set up trys.

Avenger

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
I'd rather have Tim's Vision than a runner that can't set up play's. Jeremy is a good example of this VERY NIPPY but offers no direction or Vision to set up trys.

Have you seen Moloney play? Is he good ?

strider

Post Whore
eel4life said:
What happened to Vella why didnt he play???

we need a miracle to get through now ..
on ch9 after the game JT said "its a shame micky was good enough to play tonight" - so he mustn't have passed his physical

mickdo

Coach
strider said:
on ch9 after the game JT said "its a shame micky was good enough to play tonight" - so he mustn't have passed his physical
I assume you mean "wasn't"

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
Have you seen Moloney play? Is he good ?

he killed us tonight..he was playing our flegg side but still killed us, also Trent Hodgkinson played brilliantly in pl as did Blake Green...future looking bright in the halves.

Redback71

First Grade
i agree with the forwards debate but the excuse is starting to wear a bit thin like how big were the tigers last year?

The Colonel

Immortal
Redback71 said:
i agree with the forwards debate but the excuse is starting to wear a bit thin like how big were the tigers last year?

If you have a look though at the bench and the starting pack they actuall were playing props and not just second rowers in there positions. It was a mobile pack but not exactly lightweight

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Great game, blinder actually, he couldn't do anything the second half as we were always runing out from our 20 and licking from our 40, what could he do?

How many halves are so tentitive after such an injury

Awaits the moronic responses of the minority

common man you cant be serious

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought he went well in the first half, but ran out of steam in the second, like everyone else

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
in the first half out fowards were holding there own...not dominating but punching the line and t.smith played very well for his first game back!

In the second, we ran out of steam and our fowards were getting dominated (except wagon - he played ausome), so naturally Smiths game will suffer because of this!
But the one ting that fustrated me is that the team knows how dangerous he is in the opposition 20....but still when we get down there (esp in the second half) they dont give him the ball....i just dont understand whats doin there! JT must see that if we r any chance of beating melbourne next week....T.Smith needs more of the ball....OH and a couple of fowards will be great!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
he went well in the first half didn't overplay things short kicking game was very good. 2nd half did anyone come out in the second half bar hindy,timmy ran out of gas but so did the whole side. i thought all up a good return :)

mickdo

Coach
Prodigal Eel said:
But the one ting that fustrated me is that the team knows how dangerous he is in the opposition 20....but still when we get down there (esp in the second half) they dont give him the ball....i just dont understand whats doin there! JT must see that if we r any chance of beating melbourne next week....T.Smith needs more of the ball....OH and a couple of fowards will be great!
I'd say that was because it was his first game back and they didn't want to swamp him too much

Bigfella

Coach
The SMH report said Smith went MIA in the second half.

Absolutely ridiculous. In the first 20 minutes of the second half we completed two sets of six. One of those Morris took the kick. Tim was given no opportunity to perform in the second half because of the lack of forwards in the 17; the lack of ball control and field position.

I don;t think there was any doubt that he outplayed Thurston who was also returning from injury.

I also think that if Jeremy had been half last night we may not even have led at half time.

Bazal

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:
common man you cant be serious

And...there it is! The moronic responses of the minority...

Timmy gave us something we have been lacking lately, a good kicking game. He found grass with the majority of his kicks, but unfortunately we were rarely in position for him to put in many attacking kicks. He set up both our tries with good plays and his kicking gained us the ground our forwards couldn't. For a return from injury with no match fitness under his belt, I thought it was an excellent hitout, and had our forwards done anything of note he may have actually had a chance to get us home...

Morris was rubbish btw.

parra pete

Referee
eelavation said:
he killed us tonight..he was playing our flegg side but still killed us, also Trent Hodgkinson played brilliantly in pl as did Blake Green...future looking bright in the halves.

The Bears are wooden spooners though...Eels minor premiers..put the display in perspective..When the going gets tough, are they still up to it? That's the test..

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Prodigal Eel said:
in the first half out fowards were holding there own...not dominating but punching the line and t.smith played very well for his first game back!

In the second, we ran out of steam and our fowards were getting dominated (except wagon - he played ausome), so naturally Smiths game will suffer because of this!

Good old blame the forwards syndrome its really getting quite pathetic. The forwards werent doing much the last few weeks anyway and we were still winnning games in the backs off good breaks.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Bazal said:
And...there it is! The moronic responses of the minority...

Timmy gave us something we have been lacking lately, a good kicking game. He found grass with the majority of his kicks, but unfortunately we were rarely in position for him to put in many attacking kicks. He set up both our tries with good plays and his kicking gained us the ground our forwards couldn't. For a return from injury with no match fitness under his belt, I thought it was an excellent hitout, and had our forwards done anything of note he may have actually had a chance to get us home...

Morris was rubbish btw.

I agress morriss was rubbish last night. But most games that we have tim at number 7 is games that we have lost consistently in 2006. I think Jeremy was at 8 from 9 wins since choker smith got injured.

Most games tim has played in this year we have lost quite convincingly.

But hay maybe is just a coincidence right?? :lol: