What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timana Tahu out, Joel Monaghan in for State of Origin II

Tony Bongo

Bench
Johns seems unapologetic but shattered at the same time. He and Bellamy - who has no control- both need to go in my judgement. They have had enough chances.

fish eel

Immortal
I just shows, once again, that our game is run by cronies and amatuers

The whole cloak and dagger thing about him pulling out and Monaghan coming in through a side entry is just comedy capers - and now the rumour mill will run wild about who said what and who is in the wrong.

What great publicity for the game.

fish eel

Immortal
Johns seems unapologetic but shattered at the same time. He and Bellamy - who has no control- both need to go in my judgement. They have had enough chances.

Over this?

Perhaps, but nobody can make that call without knowing what has happened.

I have no faith whatsoever that we'll ever know.

maybe since the AFL is already laughing at League as Lockyer put it earlier in the week, maybe it was time to put the spot light back on Origin. But as usual it's all for the wrong reasons.
Really Johns has to put out a statement saying what offended Tahu and say he regrets it. but that won't happen.

fish eel

Immortal
maybe since the AFL is already laughing at League as Lockyer put it earlier in the week, maybe it was time to put the spot light back on Origin. But as usual it's all for the wrong reasons.
Really Johns has to put out a statement saying what offended Tahu and say he regrets it. but that won't happen.

Or, perhaps the NSWRL could actually take control of the issue by making a statement, and, if necessary, taking disciplinary action? Somehow, I doubt that will happen.

It should be taken out of Johns and Tahu's hands IMO.

Or, perhaps the NSWRL could actually take control of the issue by making a statement, and, if necessary, taking disciplinary action? Somehow, I doubt that will happen.

It should be taken out of Johns and Tahu's hands IMO.
both parties should be interviewed by the NSWRL and the appropriate action then taken.

parra pete

Referee
honestly, I'm not silly enough to put a friend of mine in a compromising position like this nor was even thinking about her at the time I made the remark which was merely a subtle dig a Pete...

for that, I apologise Pete if you thought otherwise...and i'll choose my words more carefully in the future.

Thank you. I am relieved to hear that, and I accept the apology. No hard feelings I hope.
The person you refer has been nothing but professional in the dealings I have had with her.
I am relieved and accept your assurances that conversations haven't been thrown in the public arena.
I think you owe her an apology also for putting that throw away line out there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thank you. I am relieved to hear that, and I accept the apology. No hard feelings I hope.
The person you refer has been nothing but professional in the dealings I have had with her.
I am relieved and accept your assurances that conversations haven't been thrown in the public arena.
I think you owe her an apology also for putting that throw away line out there.

already done and had to explain to her that the throw away line is purely based on the origins of the "pie in the sky" name..

suffice to say she was still a little confused and more interested in watching footy...I can't say I didn't try..lol

I heard about this on MMM this morning, my first thought was - for him to pack up & leave, it would most likely be racial.

It will be interesting to see if Hindy or Haynsey come out & say anything to support him- whatever it was about.

Haynzy

First Grade
On that assumption........ I don't know why I get surprised at the stupidity of these blokes sometimes.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Johns WAS a great player. Of that there is little doubt.
With regard to everything else he contributes to Rugby League, in my opinion, he offers sweet FA.
His commentary is next to useless and his professional, half / 5/8 and hooker coaching shows no results. Look how he improved Matt Keating? Does anyone see any significant changes to the skills of Mortimer, K Keating or Robson? Did he improve the Newcastle or Bulldogs halves? He is as big a phoney as Kevin Rudd.
On the other hand Brad Fittler really impresses me. If I was Bellamy I would punt Johns and hire Fittler.
Great players dont necessarily make great coaches. Look in your own backyard Parramatta if you want a halves coach. P Sterling might have a clue or two.

yy_cheng

Coach
Johns WAS a great player. Of that there is little doubt.
With regard to everything else he contributes to Rugby League, in my opinion, he offers sweet FA.
His commentary is next to useless and his professional, half / 5/8 and hooker coaching shows no results. Look how he improved Matt Keating? Does anyone see any significant changes to the skills of Mortimer, K Keating or Robson? Did he improve the Newcastle or Bulldogs halves? He is as big a phoney as Kevin Rudd.
On the other hand Brad Fittler really impresses me. If I was Bellamy I would punt Johns and hire Fittler.
Great players dont necessarily make great coaches. Look in your own backyard Parramatta if you want a halves coach. P Sterling might have a clue or two.

Alexander impresses me too!

strider

Post Whore
Well explain to me how you know what the CRL 'common line is when they get off the phone to you' is all about.
What is the CRL common line..please enlighten me?
and explain how you know what is discussed between me and the CRL unless it is leaked to you with the express purpose of ridiculing my attempts to promote Rugby League in this area..
I think this is a pretty serious accusation you have levelled against me..and if I can't get an answer from you, I will go further..make no mistake about that.
oh ffs - build a bridge pete and stop being so precious

parra pete

Referee
already done and had to explain to her that the throw away line is purely based on the origins of the "pie in the sky" name..

suffice to say she was still a little confused and more interested in watching footy...I can't say I didn't try..lol

Good. Normal relationships are now resumed. Thanks Stagger.
I appreciate your integrity.

Now, where were we!!!!!!

Latest posts