What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for a new fullback

jc155776

Coach
Getting a new fullback doesn't mean we give up on Gards. f**k a bit of time in nsw cup and learning from others isn't a bad thing!!

Vin Fizz

Bench
I agree with you on Pickerd and I am a big fan. However, he needs to play about another 30-40 games of NYC before he'll be ready for anything other than an emergency call up.

So has Crete Waaka.

Pickered has got potential but looked second level against his peirs yesterday at times. He's a keeper but no way in the world ready for NRL yet. Until Ike is fit agian Gards it is unless we were prepared to move TC to FB. Please nooooooooooooo.

Ausguy

Coach
Here is my opinion,

the guy is a deadset midgit in comparison to nearly every othe rplayer in every team. He got belted a week ago and th eonly reason he drpped that bomb on saturday is he thought he was goign to get hammered.

The kid is tough but he needs to learn that the ball security is his primary objective, we need to get someone to run some blocks for him so he can safely catch the bombs.

He is currently mind f**ked after being smashed 2 weeks in a row. This time we wer elucky it didnt cost us, but it will.

coolumsharkie

Referee
He caught plenty of high balls under pressure in that game, that particular incidence he had all the time in the world.

greenie1957

Juniors
I'd go after Michael Gordon

Wants to play fullback but playing second fiddle to Lachlan Coote..

Not sure on contract situation or how bad his injury is .. We were linked to him a while back and he killed it at the back for penrith when Coote was injured..

i like this idea

Vin Fizz

Bench
Agree Aus. Lets get some protection around him and support. There are others around that are similar size. Barba isn't so big, Sammut (although he's in ESL now), Burt to name a few. Youve hit the nail on the head Aus. He's got a heap of things going through his young mind. His first priority is ball security, but his nature (and maybe the coach) is telling him to have his head in attack. So at the very last second when he should be completely focused in catching the ball his mind and eyes shift to "where am I going to run". Add the fact that he's likely to get asaulted. It's confidence thing.

Frenzy.

Immortal
All very well but if these things are accurate one has to wonder if he's in the right headspace to be an NRL fullback right now.

Anyone else notice how Carney actually ended up being the bomb catcher on Satdee?

Special K

Coach
That he did.
Almost had too much time.
He did. Also I noticed that while it was in the air he did not have an early look but kept his eyes on the ball at all times until the ball got into his chest when he looked up expecting to get belted. In all fairness it was an age in the air and he should of got belted!

Vin Fizz

Bench
Yeah Frenz. TC is a natural back and can drop back in absolute desperation to save us. Pretty well did that on Saturday. Trouble is of course the more he has to do that the worse our attack will become unless we change the game plan to a defence one (no thanks too many years of that under Stick).

Snoop Shark

First Grade
How about TC at fullback, CT to half, robson to 6 and gards to wing?

Massive shuffle but just a thought

Since 73

First Grade
Micheal Gordon - the guy was killing it before he got injured last year.
Went fullback and surprised the western world how good he was.

Agent said he will be leaving this year and shopped around solely as a fullback as that is where his position now lies....BUT, 2 major injuries in 12 months.....??

Frenzy.

Immortal
How about TC at fullback, CT to half, robson to 6 and gards to wing?

Massive shuffle but just a thought

CT has a fractured sternum. Won't be back for a bit. Robson ain't a 6 IMO. He's an out and out general best suited to 7.

How about TC to 1. Peachey to 6. Gards to The Storks.

Card Shark

Immortal
No to Carney @ 1, he's our best 5/8 by a mile & that is his best position (& the best position for him to spark our team).