What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for Moylan to 5/8

rabbitohs95

Bench
After observing your team structure recently I reckon it'd be the perfect time to turn Moylan into the 5/8 he's destined to be. Cartwright is doing alright at 5/8 but wouldn't it make sense to put your captain there and shift DWZ to fullback? Isn't that what you guys have been raving on about for so long? So why isn't Griffin doing it? Seems odd to me...

Panther Pete

Juniors
After observing your team structure recently I reckon it'd be the perfect time to turn Moylan into the 5/8 he's destined to be. Cartwright is doing alright at 5/8 but wouldn't it make sense to put your captain there and shift DWZ to fullback? Isn't that what you guys have been raving on about for so long? So why isn't Griffin doing it? Seems odd to me...

We have been suggesting Moylan to 5/8 for a while but Griffin doesn't read this forum to make team selections, he obviously has is own ideas. Hardaker joined us on the weekend so he could be another option for fullback.

betcats

Referee
Tigers will take TMM back thanks

:lol: We will swap him for Teddy? Opens up the way for Moyza to play 6.

Seriously though would the tigers management even take him back? They had an option in their favour for this year so they could of had him if they had wanted.

chrisD

Coach
Because DWZ hasn't been playing the quality of football that would make us happy to put him back there. But now we have Hardaker, and yes it is time for Moylan to go to the halves.

It's definitely time.

Moylan is a good fullback but his lack of pace & concerns with one on one defence makes him more of a natural 5/8 for me.

Defence will obviously still be a concern but others have thrived in the halves whilst being weak in defence. His short passing game & timing will more than make up for it too.

Sucks for TMM but do we really want to play with two very young halves anyway?

betcats

Referee
It's definitely time.

Moylan is a good fullback but his lack of pace & concerns with one on one defence makes him more of a natural 5/8 for me.

Defence will obviously still be a concern but others have thrived in the halves whilst being weak in defence. His short passing game & timing will more than make up for it too.

If TMM is good enough he can still get that spot. He might have to bide his time in reserves or off the bench for a while we have a look at Moylan in 6. If Moylan looks anywhere near as good as we all hope then TMM will likely have to look elsewhere.

franklin2323

Immortal
The issue I have is our attack is just coming along nicely. Moving Moylan from a roaming role to being either only left or right will take us back to we were before Moylan was fit early in the season. I think Cartwright needs the freedom or roaming too.

It's a good dilema to have but Moylan will take time to get used to playing in the halves. Trials or when we can't make finals is the time imo

The yak

Juniors
I'm against the grain here. For the rest of the year assuming we are on the road to the finals. I would rather keep Moylan at fullback get Soward in at 6 if his form dictates it or TMM when he is fit and put Carty to lock.
Gives our attack a bit more flow and we have more ball playing options in our attack to pose a threat.
Moylan for mine after origin will be tired and it will be a big ask to have him learn a position he hasn't play in first grade much and cope with the extra defending.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I say move him now and see what happens for the rest of the season. TMM is going to need time to get back up to speed anyway. I don't want to see Cartwright at 6 anymore anyway.

Clifferd

Coach
:lol: We will swap him for Teddy? Opens up the way for Moyza to play 6.

Seriously though would the tigers management even take him back? They had an option in their favour for this year so they could of had him if they had wanted.

Probably not, we waited and waited for him to debut for us and the day just never came so obviously the club saw bigger potential in Moses which is bullshit.

If I had it my way I'd swap Moses for TMM. Guy sort of reminds me of a young Benji but more complete

TheFrog

Coach
It's definitely time.

We have defensive problems already and you want to drop one of our best defenders for a skinny kid?

TMM...reminds me of a young Benji but more complete

He's a very promising kid and the Tigers were nuts to let him go but he's got a lot to prove before he's in the class of Marshall in his pomp.

Last edited:
We have defensive problems already and you want to drop one of our best defenders for a skinny kid?

Who's dropping TMM?

Last I checked he's still 3 weeks away and no way he comes right back into FG either.

I also have concerns about two very young halves playing together.

Lastly I'd take a better attacking half over a better defensive half any day. Moylan can hit the ground running in attack.

And why does Moylan keep getting called a kid? He's 24\25 ffs.

Clifferd

Coach

He's a very promising kid and the Tigers were nuts to let him go but he's got a lot to prove before he's in the class of Marshall in his pomp.

I'm not saying he's better or anything but I see similarities in what only 2 games? Benji was very very good as a youngster, possibly the best ever

Tigers management saw Moses as the better option lol

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm against the grain here. For the rest of the year assuming we are on the road to the finals. I would rather keep Moylan at fullback get Soward in at 6 if his form dictates it or TMM when he is fit and put Carty to lock.
Gives our attack a bit more flow and we have more ball playing options in our attack to pose a threat.
Moylan for mine after origin will be tired and it will be a big ask to have him learn a position he hasn't play in first grade much and cope with the extra defending.

That's my thinking. We are finally scoring tries I don't want to ruin that bya move we don't need to make. Injury may force the hand but atm no need