What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time To Dump Origin

Angry_eel

First Grade
so you want sydney vs the rest. but thats what city vs country is about. and if we did make this competition then people will hate sydney and AFL will be the biggest sport in NSW as well as the res ot the country.

One guy complains about Americanization of rugby league, over here we have ideas to further it. Split competition to Sydney vs Non-Sydney and have All Star teams from each conference play in a series.

:lol: :lol:

i'm afraid this is why this country is going down the gurgler all these negative people following each other like sheep who would rather critise than come up with any idea themselves. Bit like those anti finch foundation fools whom none have played even 1 nrl game but they critise someone who has played almost 150.

If you epods were around in the 1800's we today would still be using candles for light and working 60 hours a week.

The fact that big brother and such shows are the most popular shows in this country basically sums up the lack of grey matter in this country and why the government is targetting europe for skilled/professional people to come and work here as the local's are not upto it.

Smartman

Juniors
I believe Origin has lost its aura, its not special anymore.

Was great during the 80's and early 90's but i dont get excited no more when i watch it.

dazza62 said:
hey stalin...did you &bbsf come from the same test tube?

that process was invented by a soviet doctor who defected with the help of the CIA.Americano's steal all technology and i remember the great MIG15 and the advanced technology of the jet engines and plane design which the americano's couldn't copy and they only got this technology after letter bonbing north korea for someone to defect with a mig 15 for 100k. Unfortunately a traitorist north korean defected and the american's got there hands on more superior Soviet Technology.

As all should know the technology behind the internet/email is Soviet too obtained by the americano's from a Soviet Traitor who defected by hiding in a boot of car and crossing the east/west germany border.

Calixte

First Grade
It is tempting to stay right out of this but...

MS, great idea - let's dismantle a competition that sold out two matches at a 52,500 seat stadium in Queensland before the first game of a three match series was played. Produced a sell-out match of 82,500 in Sydney and was the highest rating TV program in both Queensland and NSW.

Throw in the vast amount of merchandise sold etc. etc.

RU and AFL would cut off a leg to have a similar quality of competition at the state level in this country. AFL still moans about the RL SOO every year and Union tries to make their QLD-NSW matches as much like it as possible ("State of the Union", shifting games to Suncorp etc.)

In fact, over the three games there is no doubt for crowds and television, SOO is now the biggest annual sporting event in the country (remember it's three times a single event such as the Melbourne Cup, AFL GF, NRL GF etc.)

What a genius...

marshall stalin said:
i'm afraid this is why this country is going down the gurgler all these negative people following each other like sheep who would rather critise than come up with any idea themselves. Bit like those anti finch foundation fools whom none have played even 1 nrl game but they critise someone who has played almost 150.

If you epods were around in the 1800's we today would still be using candles for light and working 60 hours a week.

The fact that big brother and such shows are the most popular shows in this country basically sums up the lack of grey matter in this country and why the government is targetting europe for skilled/professional people to come and work here as the local's are not upto it.

Its good to have ideas, make no mistake. Its just that yours suck. Your ideology can only be taken as a pisstake.

This crap has been done to death.

It's like herpes, it's always here just simmering below the surface then without warning, bang, cold sore city.

Calixte said:
It is tempting to stay right out of this but...

MS, great idea - let's dismantle a competition that sold out two matches at a 52,500 seat stadium in Queensland before the first game of a three match series was played. Produced a sell-out match of 82,500 in Sydney and was the highest rating TV program in both Queensland and NSW.

Throw in the vast amount of merchandise sold etc. etc.

RU and AFL would cut off a leg to have a similar quality of competition at the state level in this country. AFL still moans about the RL SOO every year and Union tries to make their QLD-NSW matches as much like it as possible ("State of the Union", shifting games to Suncorp etc.)

In fact, over the three games there is no doubt for crowds and television, SOO is now the biggest annual sporting event in the country (remember it's three times a single event such as the Melbourne Cup, AFL GF, NRL GF etc.)

What a genius...

MY idea will attract more crowds and tv viewers - people want to see the best v the best which is not state of origin as this format is wearing thin and i with many others are losing interest in it as basically it means nothing and is the same year in year out.

Ratings and polls can be very deceptive as all know these can be manipulated as was proven with tv ratings - Don;t forget that with these so called sold old games there are tens of thousand of free corporate and sponsors tickets which inflates the crowd figures and interest.

I can tell you the AFL Does not moan about the league soo as basically look at the AFL crowds to club premiership games and finals compared to league club premiership games and finals. - No contest ALF wins hand down.

League in Melbourne is a failure as crowds and interest is dwindling and it's time for the NRL to pull the plug on this failed experiment

marshall stalin said:
MY idea will attract more crowds and tv viewers - people want to see the best v the best which is not state of origin as this format is wearing thin and i with many others are losing interest in it as basically it means nothing and is the same year in year out.

Ratings and polls can be very deceptive as all know these can be manipulated as was proven with tv ratings - Don;t forget that with these so called sold old games there are tens of thousand of free corporate and sponsors tickets which inflates the crowd figures and interest.

I can tell you the AFL Does not moan about the league soo as basically look at the AFL crowds to club premiership games and finals compared to league club premiership games and finals. - No contest ALF wins hand down.

League in Melbourne is a failure as crowds and interest is dwindling and it's time for the NRL to pull the plug on this failed experiment

nice person.

"welcome to this blockbuster here atTelstra stadium, Here we have Group 1 Vs Group 2! what an epic battle it should be!"

Can someone please close this thread before Stalin embarasses himself any further.

greenos

Juniors
"And group 1 come running out, the crowd starts chanting "Let's go group 1 let's go." You can feel the passion flowing."

fools the teams will have names not be called group 1 or 2 - again one has to wonder about the future in this country with such representative of citizens who post on here - no doubt they vote for the greens and will have us all living in caves and resorting to hunting and gathering if they had their way.