What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tina Turner

Do you want Tina Turner back?

• Yes...

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • No...

Votes: 33 32.0%

• Total voters
images

Definitely not a GILF

BadnMean

Juniors
I'm all for the Tina Turner revival. She was the greatest Ad campaign in RL history & a terrific singer/performer. Compared to some of tge trash we've bought in to "perform"- she has stood out as a professional & good value.

I hope she's still up to it, or they just re-use the old songs/layer he voice over the top or something.

I still reckon 80 year old Tina would be a more thorough pro & more energy than Meatloaf. Much as I like Bat out of Hell.

Danish

Referee
I loved that era of league(coincided with my high school years)but Tina Turner will be pushing 80 years of age this year.
I somehow think her up on stage with a zimmer frame doesn’t send the right message for the athleticism & physicality of our game.

What if we had George Tafua light her up like Munster as a finale?

Ike showed us she can take a hit

Danish

Referee
f**kin boomers man

Imagine thinking an ad campaign from 30 years ago is the way forward

It’s the equivalent of parramatta thinking:

“Remember when we were a premiership force? Let’s recapture that magic by signing Brett Kenny”

wain

Juniors
who else saw the awesome teaser trailer at half time of the State Champs GF?
It must be they've locked her in for next year, or the song at least...
Has this been officially announced anywhere else?

edit: I found a foxsportsreport from earlier this month with reports that 'talks' were happening, but nothing official.

Perth Red

Post Whore
who else saw the awesome teaser trailer at half time of the State Champs GF?
It must be they've locked her in for next year, or the song at least...
Has this been officially announced anywhere else?

edit: I found a foxsportsreport from earlier this month with reports that 'talks' were happening, but nothing official.

Sums up RL, loves to live in the past.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
Love Tina. Seen her live twice and hope she gets another chance to rock our world. Tom Keneally fans can go suck ducks as far as I'm concerned.

kdalymc

Bench
i would assume they are definately using the song, or at least the beat. surely they wont wheel her out...

Silent Knight

First Grade
Sums up RL, loves to live in the past.

Looking back on the past can be good. Like the time when Australian rugby league had the Perth Reds, Adelaide Rams and South Queensland Crushers. But Uncle Rupes 30 pieces of silver were more important for some clubs than having a truly national competition with no rival.