What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Well that was... better... to say the least

After the previous 3 games where I thought our performances drastically improved where we could have beaten the Raiders, were very stiff to not beat Manly and gave it to the Storm for 50 minutes, I was confident coming in tot his one. My only concern was they wouldn't bring the same energy and commitment to this game but they did and they got the rewards.

I'm not going to overstate things as titans were pitiful int he first half but you can only play what is in front of you. The back line looked much more settled, the halves played with speed and energy, Teddy looked rejuvenated and the forwards did what to be fair to them they have been doing all season.

Sualli offers 100 times more on the wing than centre. He ran the ball hard and bent their line every time he carried the ball out of our own end and offers an obvious aerial target on the right side. It was good to see cheese have a bit of a field day, he has been much maligned (unfairly IMO) so hopefully this is a bit of a turning point for him.

The defence, which ha snot been a problem all year was good enough when it needed to be in the first half. Robbo will no doubt be disappointed with the 3 late tries but it is what it is and 2 of them were a little odd to say the least.

Not really much more to say as everyone played well, hopefully it is onward and upward from here through the 2024 season.

3 Teddy
2 JWH
1 Sualli

Call me crazy but we can still make the 8 this year and we don't even have to win this week, 5 wins (13 total) would be enough IMO. Our draw is

@BrOnCoS
Manly
Dolphins
@Parra
Tigers
@Souths

If we are in any way approaching seriousness we win the 3 home games. Let's say Brisbane is a loss although I think we will give them a good run and it is going to come down to those games against Parra and Souths. Both are on the slide at the moment and souths aren't in the top 8 as of now (lol). Cronulla are the other candidate to drop out of the 8 with Parra as they look awful at the moment. I'm actually predicting a top 8 shootout between us and souths in the last game.

Final note - Sucks Toops got his moment taken off him but I'm sure it won't be long before he gets it back. I actually hope he doesn't score this week and he does it at home in one of the following 2 games.

H.H

Juniors
Yeah that looked like us again on Saturday. Yes the Titans were poor but we played that high power, up tempo game that we always strive for. Could easily have been 36 - 0 at halftime had Collins not dropped the ball over the line. Toops and Suuali had second half tries disallowed and we were also held up a couple of times in the second half so it could've been anything.

Was so good to see Cheese play that way - that's exactly what I envisioned when we signed him. Egan was outstanding as were Collins and Suuali.

Man I was gutted when Toops' try was disallowed...what a great moment it was when they hoisted him on their shoulders. Spewing it was ruined.

3 - Ted
2 - JWH
1 - Cheese

Maintain that form and anything could happen. Not daring to dream yet but you never know.

I’m not even entertaining any thoughts of making the 8 especially with the table-topping Broncos being our next game. Glad it’s not at Suncorp however where our record isn’t that great - thank you Women’s World Cup!

I can forgive the second half as the game was won and all their tries came off the back of multiple sets meaning the boys were forced to do a lot of defending, late in the game with fatigue being a factor. Thought the ref was a little too quick to award Clark’s try btw.

Gutted for Toops and would like the game in the off season to re look at the manner at how tries get taken away half an hour after they’re scored! Agree with all the player comments but think young Sandon deserves a shoutout with his solid kicking and try assist, just gets better every week and looks to be growing in confidence. Tough assignment coming his way this Thursday.

With Dom and Toops being our wingers next year, do we keep Suaalii for the remainder of his contract because he doesn’t cut it as a centre. He had an awesome game on the wing.

3. Teddy
2. JWH
1. Suaalii

Valheru

Coach
I’m not even entertaining any thoughts of making the 8 especially with the table-topping Broncos being our next game. Glad it’s not at Suncorp however where our record isn’t that great - thank you Women’s World Cup!

I can forgive the second half as the game was won and all their tries came off the back of multiple sets meaning the boys were forced to do a lot of defending, late in the game with fatigue being a factor. Thought the ref was a little too quick to award Clark’s try btw.

Gutted for Toops and would like the game in the off season to re look at the manner at how tries get taken away half an hour after they’re scored! Agree with all the player comments but think young Sandon deserves a shoutout with his solid kicking and try assist, just gets better every week and looks to be growing in confidence. Tough assignment coming his way this Thursday.

With Dom and Toops being our wingers next year, do we keep Suaalii for the remainder of his contract because he doesn’t cut it as a centre. He had an awesome game on the wing.

3. Teddy
2. JWH
1. Suaalii
Oh I think we surely let him go and free up the $700k...

He is next to useless at centre and there is no way we don't play Dom Young. I actually think we will make a serious play at Best or Lomax after they release Sualli.

Oh I think we surely let him go and free up the $700k...

He is next to useless at centre and there is no way we don't play Dom Young. I actually think we will make a serious play at Best or Lomax after they release Sualli.
Saw Buzz on 360 say the Roosters will go for Best after releasing Suaalii as it adds up because they’re both on 700k. Funny then watching Tallis struggling with the maths and implying shady deals. He’s gotta be a poster on LU, surely lol

If you look closely you can almost see the veins in his temple explode every single time mention is made of us signing a player from another club. Bonus apoplectic reaction if the signed player is above average.
He really hates us, doesn’t he. A couple of 360 shows ago he accused us of buying our way out of trouble and sighted SBW/2013 premiership and Cronk,Teddy/2018/19. Wasn’t he assisting at Souths when they bought Burgess bros and Inglis that helped get the 2014 premiership? And let’s not forget they’ve bought Latrell and now Whighton to try get another one?

Headless Chook

Juniors
He really hates us, doesn’t he. A couple of 360 shows ago he accused us of buying our way out of trouble and sighted SBW/2013 premiership and Cronk,Teddy/2018/19. Wasn’t he assisting at Souths when they bought Burgess bros and Inglis that helped get the 2014 premiership? And let’s not forget they’ve bought Latrell and now Whighton to try get another one?
Yeah, I saw that too. next he’ll be blowing up about we landed Siua Wong without crippling our cap. He doesn’t get a hard-on for any other club like he does ours. Dickhead.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
The word is Newcastle have been trying to offload Best for a long time, well before SOO.
Sounds like he maynot be worth touching

Valheru

Coach
Oh you forgot the best part.... he was sooking and moaning about the Brandon Smith purchase to anyone that would listen and going on about the cap and hotw it wasn't fair and blah blah blah. Then when we started to struggle he cited "poor recruitment" as the issue lol... he is a complete moron.

No doubt he will have a complete meltdown when we inevitably return to the top 4 in the next year or 2.

Valheru

Coach
The word is Newcastle have been trying to offload Best for a long time, well before SOO.
Sounds like he maynot be worth touching
Meh I would give him a chance TBH and if they don't want him and would release him for next year all the better IMO.

Sualli is going to Rugby and is shit at centre. I don't mind Billy Smith but he ain't a world beater and a back line of Teddy, Toops, Best, Manu and Young seems pretty damn good to me with Smith, Momo and Pauga as depth.

Meh I would give him a chance TBH and if they don't want him and would release him for next year all the better IMO.

Sualli is going to Rugby and is shit at centre. I don't mind Billy Smith but he ain't a world beater and a back line of Teddy, Toops, Best, Manu and Young seems pretty damn good to me with Smith, Momo and Pauga as depth.

There has been some media chatter that the club are considering moving Momo on.