What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans side

cardinal

Juniors
Jetstar Gold Coast Titans V Parramatta Eels

Gold Coast Stadium Carrara

Sunday 29th April 2007

1. Preston Campbell
2. Lelea Paea
3. Mat Rogers
4. Brett Delaney
5. Jake Webster
6. Matthew Hilder
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey (c)
9. Clint Amos
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Luke Swain

Interchange:

14. Kris Kahler
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Nathan Friend
18. Josh Graham
19. Matthew Petersen

** Two to be omitted

Sterling

Juniors
cardinal said:
Jetstar Gold Coast Titans V Parramatta Eels

Gold Coast Stadium Carrara

Sunday 29th April 2007

1. Preston Campbell
2. Lelea Paea
3. Mat Rogers
4. Brett Delaney
5. Jake Webster
6. Matthew Hilder
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey (c)
9. Clint Amos
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Luke Swain

Interchange:

14. Kris Kahler
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Nathan Friend
18. Josh Graham
19. Matthew Petersen

** Two to be omitted

delaney ahead of chalky? WTF?

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Sterling said:
delaney ahead of chalky? WTF?

I think O'Dwyer is either injured or recently returned from injury.

In any case, this side seems to be a similar make-up to ours in terms of types of players (eg. Bailey vs Cayless, Laffranchi vs Hindy, Rogers vs Tahu, Delaney vs Benny), except that we have the better player in most of the positions. Then again, that doesn't really mean much.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
I think our forwards should easily win this battle, tahu needs to be given the ball this week, he could destroy paea one on one. Must win game

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
I think our forwards should easily win this battle, tahu needs to be given the ball this week, he could destroy paea one on one. Must win game

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I hope Ian Hindmarsh plays, he's been playin well for us and made some great tackles on the weekend.

Its always good when you've two Hindmarsh's in the side making tackles and plenty of hit ups. :D

Hindyscrack

Bench
PARRA_FAN said:
Paea is a bit of weak link in their team, Parra should target his wing.

As a GC resident I have been watching alot of Titans footy. Here are some random thoughts as they come to my head.

You are right, Onomato-poeia is a weak link. At the same time Mat Rogers defence has been anything but water tight. Two big targets.

Preston is still suspect under the high ball and should be targeted, has let a few highballs bounce and dropped a couple. But beware will carve us up around the ruck if we get sloppy and his broken field running is amazing.

Scott Princes kicking game is on song, he will test Burts positional ability and will look to turn around Guru. The bloke is finding alot of space with his long distance kicks.

Lafarnchi and Bailey are on fire but Cayless and Hindy should be able to take it to these guys. Will be great battles in the front and back row.

Not sure why they are still starting Screech Amos, Friend is a quality number 9 and will test us come late in the half.

The eels will need to grind this one out, the Titans play expansive footy and have a lot of heart. They will come at us to the end, undefeated at Carrara (i know its only two games including the trial) a trial win over us and amazing home town support, this is a danger game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We have an Huge advantage in the backs, if our forwards play like they did last week it should give them plenty of space to move. But one thing about the Titans is they play for the full 80mins, so no clocking off 30seconds before haltime.

Bigfella

Coach
Just quietly, Sunday's game wasn;t the first time this season we have clocked off just before half time.

Souths - we conceded a try right on halftime which hurt.

Tigers - having got to the most undeserved lead in the history of rugby league - we duly gave one of the softest tries ever seen about 5 minutes before half time.

Canberra - holding a handy but not insurmountable lead, mateo (I think) conceded a penalty IN POSSESSION about 1 1/2 minutes before full time but we held on not to concede a try.

All in all, not the smartest footy...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
Just quietly, Sunday's game wasn;t the first time this season we have clocked off just before half time.

Tigers - having got to the most undeserved lead in the history of rugby league - we duly gave one of the softest tries ever seen about 5 minutes before half time.

Canberra - holding a handy but not insurmountable lead, mateo (I think) conceded a penalty IN POSSESSION about 1 1/2 minutes before full time but we held on not to concede a try.

and i would of thought with those three examples alone would of reminded Guru to hold the Pill instead of trying to do his Arthur Beetson impersonation.

Utey

Coach
Bigfella said:

Fitness at the end of the halves looks to be poor. THats when we get lazy and invite teams back into the games.