What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans team to face the Bulldogs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gold Coast Titans team to face the Bulldogs

Written by: Titans Media

March 27th, 2007 04:45 PM

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans Coach John Cartwright has named an unchanged line up for Sundays NRL clash against the Bulldogs in Sydney.

Brad Meyers has been included on an extended bench after recovering from a pre-season ankle injury.

The squad will depart from the Jetstar terminal at Gold Coast Airport at 2.00pm on Saturday afternoon, with the match scheduled for 2.00pm on Sunday.

1. Preston Campbell
2. Lelea Paea
3. Mat Rogers
4. Jake Webster
5. Matthew Petersen
6. Matthew Hilder
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Clint Amos
10. Kris Kahler
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Luke Swain
14. Josh Graham
15. Michael Henderson
16. Mark Minichiello
17. Nathan Friend
20. Brad Meyers

Coach: John Cartwright

titans.com.au

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=13205

Shorty

Staff member
When does Mathers come back?
I wish Cartright would experiment a bit!

Jake86

Juniors
Pistol said:
good to see Brad Meyers back

Agreed. Brings the team some much needed size, essential if we are to control the Dogs forward pack.

I wish we'd stop playing presto at FB, and Hilder at 5-8. When is mathers due back?

DeeGan

Bench
Cowgirl86 said:
When does Mathers come back?
I wish Cartright would experiment a bit!

Listed as round three and he did make a comeback last week form the bench.

No need to change or "experiment" with a winning team ;-) We are looking for continuity - we won't get that experimenting in the early rounds.

Rarely will a coach make changes for the sake of "experimenting" when he has won the week before.

Kingytek

Juniors
Timmah said:
Pfft. Going down.

The first time my two teams are going head to head.

...I'd like to think that it will be a close one. I will tip and be going for Titans!

Shorty

Staff member
DeeGan said:
Listed as round three and he did make a comeback last week form the bench.

No need to change or "experiment" with a winning team ;-) We are looking for continuity - we won't get that experimenting in the early rounds.

Rarely will a coach make changes for the sake of "experimenting" when he has won the week before.
I just think perhaps he should shift Preston 5/8 and give it a go...Matty isn't getting enough ball either..he could do 5/8 as well...just try things out.
I do understand you wouldn't want to touch a winning formula though.

DeeGan

Bench
Cowgirl86 said:
I just think perhaps he should shift Preston 5/8 and give it a go...Matty isn't getting enough ball either..he could do 5/8 as well...just try things out.
I do understand you wouldn't want to touch a winning formula though.

Preston Campbell at some stage will be our five-eight - most likely when Richie is fully fit (he is not listed as playing this week) and ready to take up the fullback role. I see Hilder playing a Dean Widders/Michael Crocker role from the bench or backrow by the end of the season.

Kingytek

Juniors
I think Rogers would be better defensively in the number 6 then Preston but I'm not sure if he has what it takes to be our fulltime five eighth, I need to see him in action but also time in the role to develop his skills again in that area.

BourbonRat

Juniors
jimmy_the_greek said:
good luck for sunday guys, should be a good game!

It wasn't :sarcasm:
What it was was a good dose of reality for people who've had smoke blown up their arse so far :crazy:

doggone

Juniors
Good effort by the Titans enjoyed the first half good arm wrestle, a few mistakes in the second half costly, but the doggies were pretty impressive today didn't give the titans much room. Looking forward to their next encounter.

Coaster

Bench
BourbonRat said:
It wasn't :sarcasm:
What it was was a good dose of reality for people who've had smoke blown up their arse so far :crazy:

We got beaten by a better side on the day.

There is no shame in that

Titanic

First Grade
We know our limitations as the Doggies join us on two points. Mathers at FB and PC off the bench.

Dirk Titan

Juniors
What went wrong in the second half that could be fixed?
I did not see the game and they only called the first half on the radio. The game sounded like it was close up to half time.