What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans vs South Sydney,Cbus Super Stadium - Saturday 3.00pm

Rabbits20

Immortal
I have heard plenty of huge raps on Cody Walker.

He just needs a fair chance to shine.

25 yrs is young.

From all reports he is very classy indeed.

So far he has only had the opportunity to shine in lower grade company.

Who knows how good he might be in class company.

He was the very best player in the Qld Cup & is shining in the NSW Cup--surely he needs a try out!!!!

It's too big a risk though. Madge won't do it unless it's absolutely needed due to more injuries.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Reynolds and keary are our long term future, they showed what they can do on last year's finals

Sutton is getting the job done in reynolds absence
Why give walker a go if Sutton in getting the job done and he'll only get replaced the second reynolds is back?
im sure if we have another injury in the halves he'll get picked, but with suttin, keary or reynolds performing then picking walker is unnecessary at the moment ( and really we just need to rack up wins until reynolds is back and we can make a run at the end of the year)
Is walker a viable replacement to reynolds/keary? No
Is sutton filling in at 5-8 detrimental to the team? No
Is walker needed? Not at this stage

Good post mate.

Rabbits20

Immortal
i thought they said reynolds would be out for around 8 weeks

I reckon the club was just saying that.

The day after Reynolds did it, he was on the radio saying around 6 weeks.

I've just got a feeling his rehab is going well and he may be back for the Tigers game.

If not it will be R16 against Manly which would be 6 and a half weeks since he last played.

southsport

First Grade
I may be wrong but isn't cody walker 25?

I don't think madge sees cody as a long term prospect, our long term prospects are keary and Reynolds so it makes no sense to try develop another long term half. I think walker is there purely as a back up option

When I rank our halves combinations it's still 1. Reynold/keary, 2. Reynolds Sutton, 3. Keary/ Sutton. When none of these options are available is the time to look at other players. I think what counted against walker in the early part of the season was Coming of a suspension.

It makes no sense to give game time and try develop a player who is older and less talented then our number 1 half combo. He is only a backup

Yes Cody's 25, but he has been outstanding in NSW Cup, I think some of us think that Sutto is needed in the forwards though, however now Grevo and Brown have stepped up.

southsport

First Grade
Reynolds and keary are our long term future, they showed what they can do on last year's finals

Why give walker a go if Sutton in getting the job done and he'll only get replaced the second reynolds is back?
im sure if we have another injury in the halves he'll get picked, but with suttin, keary or reynolds performing then picking walker is unnecessary at the moment ( and really we just need to rack up wins until reynolds is back and we can make a run at the end of the year)

If Cody gets a chance Keary may not get back in.

souths_pride

Juniors

I agree 100% with you. The other important thing to take into account is that we have an exceptionally young team at the moment with a lot of inexperienced players trying to find their feet in first grade. I don't think it would be wise, nor do I think it would go along the lines of Madge's thinking to player another inexperienced first grade player in such a key position as the halves. I don't think Sutton is a natural 5/8 but he is getting the job done for now. Realistically, we should have won the game against the Titans by a good 20 points with the amount of possession and chances that we had so its not as if we are struggling in terms of creating opportunities; we just need to improve on our execution.

hurricane57

Juniors

I disagree. John Sutton does his best but he in no way 'sparkles' as 5/8.

Reynolds has missed how many weeks and how many to go. When will he be injured next.

Who's saying anything about 'developing' Walker. We just need a better 5/8 and from all reports Walker is doing really well. Why do your buy a player if you don't give him ago.

Giving players a chance often pays off, I direct your attention to Lotte Tuquire and how he went, not to mention players like Johnston etc.

Gotta go - but "I'll be Back":cool::cool:

Miagi

Juniors
After the game it would be good if you could post what the atmosphere was like and the ratio of support both teams have.

I reckon it could be 50/50.

My trip to watch the boys at Cbus was really worth it, although a little stressful at times. I think our support up there was amazing (probably 60/40).Atmosphere was great sitting amongst all the red and green.
We created a lot of scoring chances without scoring. Will be good when we get our injured players back as I think this is contributing to our attacking options.

southsport

First Grade
My trip to watch the boys at Cbus was really worth it, although a little stressful at times. I think our support up there was amazing (probably 60/40).Atmosphere was great sitting amongst all the red and green.
We created a lot of scoring chances without scoring. Will be good when we get our injured players back as I think this is contributing to our attacking options.

Good one Miagi, how did you go with the parking?

Rabbits Will Learn From ‘Ugly’ Win - McQueen

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis
Sun 31st May, 06:04PM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

Chris McQueen says that his Rabbitohs side have plenty to learn after what he described as an ‘ugly win’ over the Titans on the Gold Coast on Saturday night in Round 12.
While the Rabbitohs may have taken the two points, the result didn’t come easy with the Titans looking dangerous right until the final whistle.
“They’ve got a solid side there and on top of that we didn’t play to our standard,” said McQueen.
“I think in that second half we had something like 65 percent completions. It’s hard to be competitive in a game when you’re not completing sets.
“Obviously we weren’t happy about how we played at the end of the game but you can definitely take a lot out of those ugly wins I guess.
“We weren’t at our best and we still got the points, so we know that when we’re at our best I guess we’re only going to be better and more competitive.”

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/05/31/rabbits_will_learn_f.html

Rabbits20

Immortal

Glad to here you enjoyed it overall.

I was stressed in the game. Lol:lol:

The Souths supporters were so loud and I reckon it helped the players get the job done! I wish I was there.

I'm proud of our young guys as well McInnes, Gray, Grevsmuhl, Brown, AJ did great filling in at fullback too for last 25mins.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rabbits Will Learn From ?Ugly? Win - McQueen

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis
Sun 31st May, 06:04PM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

Chris McQueen says that his Rabbitohs side have plenty to learn after what he described as an ?ugly win? over the Titans on the Gold Coast on Saturday night in Round 12.
While the Rabbitohs may have taken the two points, the result didn?t come easy with the Titans looking dangerous right until the final whistle.
?They?ve got a solid side there and on top of that we didn?t play to our standard,? said McQueen.
?I think in that second half we had something like 65 percent completions. It?s hard to be competitive in a game when you?re not completing sets.
?Obviously we weren?t happy about how we played at the end of the game but you can definitely take a lot out of those ugly wins I guess.
?We weren?t at our best and we still got the points, so we know that when we?re at our best I guess we?re only going to be better and more competitive.?

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/05/31/rabbits_will_learn_f.html

McQueen must have a great game against the Warriors with a high work rate.

They're back rowers are good in Hoffman, Mannering and Thompson.

South Sydney Rabbitohs players find a way to win without Adam Reynolds

Date May 31, 2015
Michael Carayannis

Sidelined: South Sydney halfback Adam Reynolds. Photo: Getty Images

South Sydney players believe they have finally found a way to win without half-back Adam Reynolds as the Rabbitohs celebrated back-to-back wins in Reynolds' absence.
The Rabbitohs have struggled this year with Reynolds sidelined through injury. Before their recent wins they had lost four games while Reynolds watched on because of injuries. Their No.7 is still about a month away from returning because of a broken thumb.
Their back-to-back wins against Parramatta and Gold Coast were the first consecutive games the defending premiers have won since round three.
Back-rower Chris McQueen said the side had struggled in Reynolds' absence.
"We missed him but we needed to adjust to the fact he wasn't there quicker but we didn't do that," McQueen said. "Hopefully he has a long career at South Sydney but there will be times when we will have to play without him because of injury or rep selection. We have to learn to win without him.
"We've spoken that it doesn't matter who is in our team, we have to win. You take a seven out of the side and it does change the dynamic. He has the best kicking game in the whole comp. And we always go up by sixes and fours which makes a big difference."
Luke Keary and John Sutton combined in the halves to help the Rabbitohs come from behind to defeat Gold Coast 22-16 on Saturday. Greg Inglis (concussion) and George Burgess (broken nose) are expected to be fit for the Rabbitohs' next match against the Warriors in Perth on Saturday.
Centre Bryson Goodwin said the forwards had particularly felt the impact of Reynolds' injury.
"We've won the last two without him and maybe we can build on that," Goodwin said. "Once we get Adam back it'll be a major bonus. We train a fair bit with the other guys [in the halves]. His kicking is the main thing we're missing."
South Sydney coach Michael Maguire was unhappy with his side's go-forward in the opening half against the Titans, as they trailed 10-6 at the break. McQueen said Maguire's message was simple.
"He said we're not running onto the ball and we were a little flat," McQueen said. "We were building plenty of pressure and getting repeat sets but we couldn't get across the line because we weren't running hard enough. We fixed that in the second half and we were getting deeper and running harder but we just couldn't hold on to the ball. You get caught up in playing sometimes and you go through the motions."
Meanwhile, Goodwin had a torrid afternoon opposing Gold Coast flyer James Roberts. Roberts scored a try and set up another as he raced on the outside of Goodwin, causing havoc for the Rabbitohs' left edge defence.
"He is the fastest I've ever played against," Goodwin said. "You give him a bit of space and he is gone. If he puts his heads down he will be some sort of player in the future. He was there and the next thing he was gone. He just beat me. I will have to move on from that. He is a classy player. He is lightning quick. I've never see anyone like it."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...in-without-adam-reynolds-20150531-ghdghc.html