What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To all Melbourne rugby league fans here - respond!!!

iggy plop

First Grade
Turn to page 23 of today's (Friday) Melbourne Herald Sun and you will see a letter written by a bloke called Michael Christiansen under the heading of "Sydney's NRL Dream".

It says, Does any one else get sick of Sydney-based sports and morning entertainment programs that seem to pretend that the NRL is as big as the AFL and that it is of a national interest?

I even struggle with them calling it "footy". They only kick a goal as a consolation prize.

Rise up Melbourne league fans and respond to this dweeb who seems to think that the NRL is just a Sydney game!!!

Hammer him back in the name of RL and see if you get you letter published.

iggy plop

First Grade
Someone should tell that clown that we are sick of Melbourne-based sports dominating national programs.

They can't cop another code those clowns. I couldn't care less if Sunrise talks AFL ahead of league as long as they talk league!!

national intrest is there (saw a bulldogs and panthers fans yesterday in melbourne :O)

but really nrl isnt gonna take off in melbourne the people around here love there afl too much and i respect that but i have never diss AFL so why do people keep dissing NRL esp people in melbourne

if its no threat to them why do they care or maybe there just scared that the nrl will take off in melbourne the thing is i think they are very worried (eddie mcguire is one who is very worried he even said it on the footy show during there week off)

I even struggle with them calling it "footy". They only kick a goal as a consolation prize

NRL or AFL is not footy soccer is
plus than couldnt u say the same for nfl?

ScreamingJet

I've been in Melbourne over 4 years now. I used to find their passion for their code admirable. Now I have realized that Victorians are in fact, nothing but extremely Insular. It extends to other things as well, not just footy.. anything North of the Murray River is not worth worrying about.

What they forget (in fact, I don't even think they knew in the first place they are so ignorant to others) is that such things as the Rugby League Salary Cap and corporate money dwarfed AFl levels up until Super League. We all know what happened after that.

It is a city of deeply insecure people. There are 2 options:
A/ Keep trying to inform them of their fear
B/ Move North

I choose B. :lol:

(But frequent use of Option A can be very humourous... Victorians are very precious... easy targets)

"I even struggle with them calling it "footy". They only kick a goal as a consolation prize. "

From someone who follows a code where they get a point for missing.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
He's just angry it was the first year there was no vic team in the GF. The mexicans want their VFL back and it's driving them bonkers.

pcpp

Juniors
If AFL has such a national interest, why doesn't the leaders of Australia's two biggest political parties have hardly a clue for it at all?

relocate melbourne to the gold coast is the only solution - wate of time trying to convert anyone in victoria as no one is interested in league except for a few relocated nsw,qld and migrant new zealanders and even this support is dwindling

pcpp

Juniors
Generalissimo Stalin said:
relocate melbourne to the gold coast is the only solution - wate of time trying to convert anyone in victoria as no one is interested in league except for a few relocated nsw,qld and migrant new zealanders and even this support is dwindling

:roll:

Moggles

Juniors

Find a new argument and go tell someone who cares.
I cannot see how the location of the Melbourne Storm would have any effect on you as a person.

Are you a News Ltd Shareholder?

The Storm in Melbourne is doing a hell of a lot more for rugby League than what you will ever do.

LIVE WITH THE TIMES. STALIN IS DEAD

dimitri

First Grade
Moggles said:

I cannot see how the location of the Melbourne Storm would have any effect on you as a person.

The Storm in Melbourne is doing a hell of a lot more for rugby League than what you will ever do.

agree 100%

Moggles said:

what are they doing no press , no radio , no one cares - on my last trip to melbourne and on a tram i asked several young and older people what they knew of the melbourne storrm - not one knew that it was a league team and they get confused any case in the difference between league and union - some thought it was a netball team , others a basketball team ,the name for the proposed soccer team or a VFL side. None had ever watched the storm or knew anyone that had.

wake up and relocate

pcpp

Juniors
what are they doing no press , no radio , no one cares - on my last trip to melbourne and on a tram i asked several young and older people what they knew of the melbourne storrm - not one knew that it was a league team and they get confused any case in the difference between league and union - some thought it was a netball team , others a basketball team ,the name for the proposed soccer team or a VFL side. None had ever watched the storm or knew anyone that had.

wake up and relocate

You must be 8 years old or something.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Im from Sydney and that hasnt stopped me from giving him a serve. Talk about one eyed and stubborn!

Moggles

Juniors
on my last trip to melbourne and on a tram i asked several young and older people what they knew of the melbourne storrm

You are kidding right???

You honestly want us to believe you initiated a servey on a Melb tram?

While I do think more could be done to make the Storm successful (especially by the NRL) I am sure they have done a lot more intensive market research than asking a few people on a tram.

Take your hand of it buddy.

say what you want but it is true NO ONE GIVES A XXXX ABOUT THE STORM IN MELBOURNE /VICTORIA AS IT IS AFL ONLY.

THe only reason the swans and lions get crowds is the number of victorians that have moved to NSW and QLD and those who have given away league after the bulldogs and brisbane along with news tried to destroy it

dimitri

First Grade
a couple of years ago nobody gave a shit about the swans in sydney

put in some work and give it time and things will change

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: