What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney - Origin?

borat

Bench
Ben Hornby will be the NSW 5/8th without a shadow of a doubt. Anasta is his only competition.

Carney & Mullen are still 1-2 years away yet.

legend

Coach
Cronk is a Qlder and my pick is Hornby as well because Daley is a selector but I think in that position, Carney is the better player.

Twiz mate, stick to following the Eels because Carney has played more than just one good game. He's been very good for over a season now but it took until now for him to get the recognition he deserves because there is no one else to hide behind and last year he was in Smith's shadow.

Under a new coach, he is leading the side around the park beautifully.

TBH, last night showcased the best tries of the season so far with some brilliant individual skill and team work. Carney, Dobson and Zillman with a combined age of about 20 blew the best player in the game off the park.

perverse

Referee
it's amazing how good a pair of halves can look when their forward pack totally dominates someone.

canberra dominated us in the forwards - allowing their backs almost limitless room and attacking options. i was impressed with carney, you raiders fans are onto something there... but zillman and dobson for origin? puh-leez.

honestly i think both mullen and carney will be in the minds of the nsw selectors.

borat

Bench
legend said:
Cronk is a Qlder and my pick is Hornby as well because Daley is a selector but I think in that position, Carney is the better player.

Twiz mate, stick to following the Eels because Carney has played more than just one good game. He's been very good for over a season now but it took until now for him to get the recognition he deserves because there is no one else to hide behind and last year he was in Smith's shadow.

Under a new coach, he is leading the side around the park beautifully.

TBH, last night showcased the best tries of the season so far with some brilliant individual skill and team work. Carney, Dobson and Zillman with a combined age of about 20 blew the best player in the game off the park.

Carney had a pretty ordinary season last year didn't he? I remember him copping flak from rairders supporters on a number of occasions.

Carney can produce moments of brilliance and play some outstanding games but for consistantly performing well week in week out Hornby has it all over him. Carney needs to perform well over the whole season and he will be the NSW 5/8th in 08

legend

Coach
I agree with your sentiments on Hornby but Carney had a good year last year. He was screwed by Elliott position wise but this year he is making a quantum leap to be a superstar in the making.

He just needed the space and opportunity, something he never got under Elliott who religiously stuck with Withers at half and Woolford at hooker.

Big Mick

Referee
1. Wade McKinnon
2. Luke Rooney
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. Matt King
6. Todd Carney
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Danny Buderus
10. Luke Bailey
11. Luke O'Donnell
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. John Sutton

14. Brett White
15. Willie Mason
16. Ben Creagh
17. Kurt Gidley

Walt Flanigan

Referee
borat said:
Carney had a pretty ordinary season last year didn't he? I remember him copping flak from rairders supporters on a number of occasions.

Carney can produce moments of brilliance and play some outstanding games but for consistantly performing well week in week out Hornby has it all over him. Carney needs to perform well over the whole season and he will be the NSW 5/8th in 08

Carney didn't have an ordinary season, he was victim to Smith's shadow early in the season and he was copping it for not taking control. The back half however was a vast improvement and he absolutley killed it.

Brutus

Referee
I'd like to see Carney given a go in the Blues' squad. Be warned though Canberra supporters - that will spell the end of his career as a Raider.

My money's on the Roosters to snap him up if he makes Origin.

borat

Bench
Big Mick © said:
1. Wade McKinnon
2. Luke Rooney
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. Matt King
6. Todd Carney
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Danny Buderus
10. Luke Bailey
11. Luke O'Donnell
12. Willie Mason
13. John Sutton

14. Brett White
15. Ryan Hoffman
16. Trent Waterhouse
17. Kurt Gidley

This is a joke team right? No Hindmarsh?

1. Minichello
2. King
3. Lyon
4. Cooper
5. Grothe
6. Hornby
7. Johns(if he returns)/Gower
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. O'Meley
11. Hindmarsh
12. Mason
13. O'Donnell

14. Ryles
15. Simpson
16. Farah
17. Creagh

Big Mick

Referee
Totally forgot about Hindmarsh and Creagh...

but apart from that...not a joke.

Gower imo shouldn't play origin...John's mightn't play...therefore I think Mullen should get the shot

Havn't rated Ryles or Simpsons performances this season.

Having Farah on the bench is stupid also, because apart from hooker he covers no other positions.

Grothe hasn't played...whereas Rooney is in good form.

Minichello has been ordinary in every game whereas Mckinnon has starred.

If NSW want to win they gotta stop picking safe and take a chance like QLD did.

Sutton has been fantastic in every game he has played and imo has been the form lock of the competition. Deserves his spot thoroughly.

Its time to stop playing it safe...otherwise ur handing the title to QLD.

Raider Azz

Bench
Brutus said:
I'd like to see Carney given a go in the Blues' squad. Be warned though Canberra supporters - that will spell the end of his career as a Raider.

he's locked in until 2009 for now, and trust me, we won't let him go. being a local junior from goulburn i think he's pretty happy in canberra for now too.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Brutus said:

wont happen mate
he's signed up till 2009 at least and i garentee that will be extended before the contract expires, Carney f**ked up a number of times off feild and he knows it, he also knows the club did the right thing by him and stood by him, when they had every right to sack him. He owes the club big time and he knows it, he will not be going anywhere.

And even if he doesnt resign by 2009, by then we'll be a top class team and he'll have a premiership ring on his finger and be treated like a god (ala stuart in our glory days), why would he want to leave that?

legend

Coach
Brutus said:

He's signed with the Raiders until 2010 from memory and by then the Roosters will still be on win 999 and Carney will be gunning for his fourth consecutive premiership.;-)

He ain't going anywhere, especially to the Roosters.

borat

Bench
Big Mick © said:
Totally forgot about Hindmarsh and Creagh.
My joke comment was more about no Hindmarsh
Big Mick © said:
Gower imo shouldn't play origin...John's mightn't play...therefore I think Mullen should get the shot.
You don't think Gower has been playing well? You would know better than I would
Big Mick © said:
Havn't rated Ryles or Simpsons performances this season..
Ryles has been absolutely brilliant. Close to best forward on ground in all 3 games this season.
Big Mick © said:
Having Farah on the bench is stupid also, because apart from hooker he covers no other positions.
We need a metre maker from dummy half to come on when the forwards tire. I beleive the days are over for an 80min hooker. Farah could also go to the Halves if need be and Hornby can then play a number of positions. Kurt Gidley comes to mind but I just don'tthink he is a good enough dummy half.
Big Mick © said:
Grothe hasn't played...whereas Rooney is in good form.
I was assuming Grothe comes back and plays well, otherwise Rooney for sure.
Big Mick © said:
Minichello has been ordinary in every game whereas Mckinnon has starred.
I don't think so. I think he has been good in a well beaten team.
Big Mick © said:
If NSW want to win they gotta stop picking safe and take a chance like QLD did.

Sutton has been fantastic in every game he has played and imo has been the form lock of the competition. Deserves his spot thoroughly.
But once Hindmarsh comes into your team that changes things a little

peter_raiders

Juniors
Guys I don't know where you are getting this information that Carney is signed until 2009/10, to my knowledge he's signed until the end of next year.

legend

Coach
I was sure he signed either a four or five year deal last year keeping him at the club long term.

Raider_69

Post Whore
nope, lads we were wrong, ive checked around 2008 it is... time for some emails to the club me thinks