What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sets Mans Pants on Fire

adamkungl

Immortal
I have a question about the TC sweep, is it just an off field scandal/story in the papers or does he need to be charged by police for a proven offence?

If its just a matter of hearing his name mentioned in the news for possibley doing something then put me down for March 29th, but if he needs to be officially charged/arrested then put me down for Not all year

I suspect we will see his name in the paper once or twice for doing something dumb or immature, ie. a non-story like this rubbish.

But like you, I doubt he will find himself in police trouble again.

Chachi

Bench
LOL at all these idiots who think parents can choose who their kids look up to as role models.

Anyway, Carney is a f**kwit. I hope he gets through this little indiscretion so he can really screw up the Roosters season with something bigger when the year kicks off proper.

matt

Juniors
Umm....chachi stop letting the media tell you who your kiddies role models should be,man up son and take a stand.

Chachi

Bench
Umm....chachi stop letting the media tell you who your kiddies role models should be,man up son and take a stand.
I'll let my kids make up their own minds Q.

What I will tell you is that I'm confident they won't be dumb enough to look up to the likes of Todd Carney. ;-)

matt

Juniors
And that is a very good point,i am sure if you asked 97% to be role models for your kiddies the would say F#CK off mate you can do that yourself.

Offcourse we have the Tongues the Hindys the Gallens and the like to role model our kiddies if you like,they seem happy to do it,so let them deal with the invasion of privacy.

For the Love of god i want my footballers to remain exactly that,not some freaks removed from society like the morons on display in this thread.

Chachi

Bench
Doesn't matter who you are or what you do. Nobody chooses to be a role model - you get chosen. That's how it works.

matt

Juniors
By who the media? you are shifting your parenting duties Chachi over to a sportstar mate.

* sportstars are role models on the field.
* parents are role models at home(well they f**king well should be)

If thats not the case then i believe you have fallen into the Media trap and are trying to shift parenting duties

j5o6hn

Juniors
No I think he is just trying to get a bloke who is supposed to be a man to act like one,not a bloody 4 yr old.
And if your silly enough to think that footballers should be let do just what they want and we all should smile and say boys will be boys then you are as silly as your statements sound.
Carney should have been sacked no ifs no buts

matt

Juniors
No I think he is just trying to get a bloke who is supposed to be a man to act like one,not a bloody 4 yr old.
And if your silly enough to think that footballers should be let do just what they want and we all should smile and say boys will be boys then you are as silly as your statements sound.
Carney should have been sacked no ifs no buts

4 year olds dont lite farts you goose...now get back to your dolly magazine.

Perth Red

Post Whore
By who the media? you are shifting your parenting duties Chachi over to a sportstar mate.

* sportstars are role models on the field.
* parents are role models at home(well they f**king well should be)

If thats not the case then i believe you have fallen into the Media trap and are trying to shift parenting duties

I haven't seen many kids with posters of their dads on the wall! Reality is kids look up to these players and idolise them in many cases. How far that goes in regards to moulding a childs pyschology and future behaviour is very debateable. Either way players know it is no longer tolerated to act like a tool so if they want the fat pay cheques then shape up or ship out.

adamkungl

Immortal
pfff, i don't even remember having a "role model"

I had my favourite players, had no freakin idea what they got up to off the field, nor did I care.

I don't believe footballers have anywhere near the effect on children some of you wowsers think they do.

Garts

Bench
pfff, i don't even remember having a "role model"

I had my favourite players, had no freakin idea what they got up to off the field, nor did I care.

I don't believe footballers have anywhere near the effect on children some of you wowsers think they do.

Exactly. I had no idea what my favourite players got up to, nor did I care. I watched them on the footy field, that was it.

Loudstrat

Coach
Haha, if I ever have a son I'm gonna make him put up posters of me on his wall.

I might trial the idea with my 3 year old nephew.

Will you be in a skirt or a skimpy negligee?????

Personally they would be better off with Jessica Alba. It would be better at promoting heterosexuality.

Quigs

Immortal
Questions from the floor without notice to all the League Unlimited CSI-ers in here.

Has it been identified as to how these burns were afflicted?

Was there some sort of combustible agent added to the genital region of the recipient?

Did the recipient knowingly allow the combustible agent to be added to his person?

Was there intent to disfigure the recipient?

What agent was used to ignite the combustable area, cig lighter, match, hot breath?

Was there more then a party of one involved in the act of igniting the combustable area of the body?

Who was the person who actually ignited the combustible area, was he acting alone, was there a conspiracy involving more then one person to disfigure the genitally of the recipient?

If so who, and were they acting on behalf of unidentified party, i.e. a jilted lover, a jealous boyfriend, or was it a set up to defame a certain high profile sports person?

Was it some form of wierd consensual group sex?

Or was it just a bit of fun gone wrong with a group of young blokes including one known dickhead who were holidaying on the Queensland coast over New Years Eve?

Which LU CSI-ers can solve this one before the season kicks off. Stay tuned.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

JB

Juniors
I haven't seen many kids with posters of their dads on the wall! Reality is kids look up to these players and idolise them in many cases. How far that goes in regards to moulding a childs pyschology and future behaviour is very debateable. Either way players know it is no longer tolerated to act like a tool so if they want the fat pay cheques then shape up or ship out.

Ffs. I had posters of Motley Crew and Guns & Roses on my wall when i was a kid. I didn't turn out into a cocaine addicted, booze fueled junkie! Why? Cause my parents taught me better. Right from wrong, good from bad.......still liked the music though.

Latest posts