What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sets Mans Pants on Fire

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raider put me down for no arrests all year.

Wow, faith in young todd eh Angry... your in, i dont like your chances but your in!

TC Sweep

Roosters Season Launch date - Godz Illa
January 15th - Liam
January 26th - BrisVegas
January 28th - Sir Biffo
February 8th - Marshall_Magic
February 14th - bartman
February 22nd - Mickyd39
February 28th - LeagueNut
March 1st - God-King-Dean
March 12th - Raider_69
March 14th - Babyface O'Reilly
March 6th - m0nty
March 7th - Aussie 1st
March 20th - Dogz08
March 21st - KeepingTheFaith
April 1st - Bluesbreaker
April 2nd - Fein
April 6th - Mr Saab
April 11th - Chook Norris
April 22nd - Nth Qld Raider
April 25th - Loudstrat
May 3rd - Echo-The-Tiger
May 25th - Raidersareawesome
May 31st - Rhino NQ
June 16th - Dutchy
June 23rd - Baron Vo Mandor
July 15th - Russell Crowe's Band
July 31st - Non Terminator
August 4th - Johns Magic
Augest 7th - Bobby DIGital
August 24th - The Joey Show

NO CHARGES ALL YEAR - Mr Angry

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
No, it's not. Broncodroid said there are some geniuss among our playing ranks. Now unless his post contained some hidden text excluding the broncos from "our playing ranks", then Quig's rant is way off the mark.

Lack of comprehension is a big issue on these boards.

Frank, my rant with the Bronc revolves around the use of the words 'alleged BS' - he said "I never defended a Brisbane player for any of the alleged BS above"

IMO Bronc is very quick to jump on someone who has sinned in life and wants them immediately cast out of the NRL.

His rants on Bird, and co, now its dickhead Carney all because he was allegedly involved in a prank with mates on New Years Eve. NOTE: nothing criminal, broke not one law of this land.

The alleged offences he talks about involving the Donkeys are not alleged, they happend, some first denied, then the evidence came out, was then turned into a joke amongst the boys etc etc. Those incidents involving the Donkeys are way more serious then what Carney is alleged to have done on NYE. They broke the laws of the State of Queensland taking the alcohol off the premises. Tackling the Manager when stopped and questioned.

Offences .... what happend next, you tell me.

Carneys incident is a nothing beat up, thats all. And for the likes of Bronc to get on the wagon is the type of hypocracy I've come to expect from the Brisbane Broncs.

Cheers
Quigs

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Frank, my rant with the Bronc revolves around the use of the words 'alleged BS' - he said "I never defended a Brisbane player for any of the alleged BS above"

IMO Bronc is very quick to jump on someone who has sinned in life and wants them immediately cast out of the NRL.

His rants on Bird, and co, now its dickhead Carney all because he was allegedly involved in a prank with mates on New Years Eve. NOTE: nothing criminal, broke not one law of this land.

The alleged offences he talks about involving the Donkeys are not alleged, they happend, some first denied, then the evidence came out, was then turned into a joke amongst the boys etc etc. Those incidents involving the Donkeys are way more serious then what Carney is alleged to have done on NYE. They broke the laws of the State of Queensland taking the alcohol off the premises. Tackling the Manager when stopped and questioned.

Offences .... what happend next, you tell me.

Carneys incident is a nothing beat up, thats all. And for the likes of Bronc to get on the wagon is the type of hypocracy I've come to expect from the Brisbane Broncs.

Cheers
Quigs

No, your original rant was in response to broncodroids post about dickhead nrl players. YOU brought up the incidents involving broncos players.

I can't speak for broncodroid, but I'm guessing his issue with carney and bird relates to the fact that they are serial offenders. Carney in particular. So unless you can show us evidence of Lockyer tackling bar managers before 2008, then your point just comes across as particularly anti-broncos. Especially considering you were the one who mentioned them first.

Edit: also, I'd like to just get one point in your above post clarified - you think that taking a beer out of a pub, and picking someone up then placing them back on their feet are far worse than causing burns to someone severe enough to see them admitted to hospital? Right.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
There is not a club that hasn't had incidents with player misbehaviour. My mob were generally cleanskins. Then some nitwit decided it was a good idea to buy Piggy Ridell and get him to mentor Tim Smith and Jarryd Hayne.

Still, what the Roosters found with Carney, Souths found with Julian O'Neil, Cronulla with Syemour and Maitua, Wests Tigers with Hoppa, Western Reds with MG.......

Quigs

Immortal
No, your original rant was in response to broncodroids post about dickhead nrl players. YOU brought up the incidents involving broncos players.

I can't speak for broncodroid, but I'm guessing his issue with carney and bird relates to the fact that they are serial offenders. Carney in particular. So unless you can show us evidence of Lockyer tackling bar managers before 2008, then your point just comes across as particularly anti-broncos. Especially considering you were the one who mentioned them first.

Edit: also, I'd like to just get one point in your above post clarified - you think that taking a beer out of a pub, and picking someone up then placing them back on their feet are far worse than causing burns to someone severe enough to see them admitted to hospital? Right.

When requested to leave premises and reaching over the bar and lifting bottles out of the bar ice tray without paying is not taking beer out of a pub.

But to me its just what I expect out of the holier than thou Broncos, their version / spin.

Also has it been confirmed that the person lighting the pants was infact dickhead Carney or is it just papertalk at this point.

Cheers
Quigs

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
When requested to leave premises and reaching over the bar and lifting bottles out of the bar ice tray without paying is not taking beer out of a pub.

But to me its just what I expect out of the holier than thou Broncos, their version / spin.

Also has it been confirmed that the person lighting the pants was infact dickhead Carney or is it just papertalk at this point.

Cheers
Quigs

It doesn't even matter if it was Carney.

You stated that what Carney is alleged to have done (ie cause burns to a person by setting them on fire) is not as serious as what the broncos players did. There goes any credibility you may have laid claim to.

Although you seem more content with a massive chip on your shoulder than credibility.

Quigs

Immortal
It doesn't even matter if it was Carney.

You stated that what Carney is alleged to have done (ie cause burns to a person by setting them on fire) is not as serious as what the broncos players did. There goes any credibility you may have laid claim to.

Although you seem more content with a massive chip on your shoulder than credibility.

Yeah sure Frank ... right Frank.

Did I state somewhere that Carney incinerated a fellow homosapian.

There is no point in me stressing to you what I think of the Carney ALLEGED incident. I was told once by a wiser man than I that you can't put brains in a monument.

Cheers
Quigs

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Yeah sure Frank ... right Frank.

Did I state somewhere that Carney incinerated a fellow homosapian.

There is no point in me stressing to you what I think of the Carney ALLEGED incident. I was told once by a wiser man than I that you can't put brains in a monument.

Cheers
Quigs

Then what exactly are you trying to say here:

Quigs said:
Those incidents involving the Donkeys are way more serious then what Carney is alleged to have done on NYE.

Carney is alleged to have set a man on fire. Do I need to join the dots for you, or can you work this one out for yourself?

Hey Raidah

Ill take the Monday after the Rooters bye weekend. Dont know what date that is. Will do doubt screw up on a bender that weekend

Kiki

First Grade
i am all for footy players being normal people and allowed to make mistakes like everyone else, but no amount of you guys saying "they shouldn't be role models" is gonna make it so.

fact is...THEY ARE. ive been lucky enough to do some work with footy players and children. and once you see the way their kids eyes light up when they see their heroes, you realise how important it is that the players are at least somewhat aware of their status as role models.

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Then what exactly are you trying to say here:

Carney is alleged to have set a man on fire. Do I need to join the dots for you, or can you work this one out for yourself?

Come on...Lockyer giving a publican a hug (he cant tackle remember) and some players stealing some drinks is much more serious than a person being set on fire.

matt

Juniors
i am all for footy players being normal people and allowed to make mistakes like everyone else, but no amount of you guys saying "they shouldn't be role models" is gonna make it so.

fact is...THEY ARE. ive been lucky enough to do some work with footy players and children. and once you see the way their kids eyes light up when they see their heroes, you realise how important it is that the players are at least somewhat aware of their status as role models.

Not in my house pussycat,The buc stops after the siren

But they are in most cases , how many kids do you see running around playing footy/cricket/AFL etc pretending to be one of their favourite players.

Most sport stars are looked up to. If thats right or wrong is up to the individual.