What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sets Mans Pants on Fire

Bulldog Force

Referee
Is Carney still banned from entering the ACT? If so, what will be the situation when the Roosters play the Raiders down there? Will there be a special court junction needed for him to enter the territory? I know it sounds stupid but just want to know how the situation will/could transpire.

Liam

Juniors
Is Carney still banned from entering the ACT? If so, what will be the situation when the Roosters play the Raiders down there? Will there be a special court junction needed for him to enter the territory? I know it sounds stupid but just want to know how the situation will/could transpire.

He's banned from Goulburn.

Quigs

Immortal

So you already have Carney done and dusted as the ignitee. With a PIC OF CARNEY'S VICTIM:

The initial report states

The Seven Network claimed the former Canberra bad boy and a companion burnt the man's buttocks, scrotum and upper thigh in the alleged incident at Airlie Beach.

link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26553409-5018866,00.html

Then we get this, its just so sensational,

"It was disgusting, like, it was burned," witness "Jenny" told Channel 7.
"You could tell he was in pain. He was kind of gripping his hands and kind of rubbing his arm and that, just kept saying: 'I need to get to a hospital'."

link:http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s-of-burn-emerge/story-e6frexnr-1225816385115

Was Jenny present at the time of the alleged CARNEYS VICTIM (oh and a companion) GOT DELIBERATELY TORCHED.

I hope Jenny can make a detailed statement to someone, maybe the Police, then we can all get to the bottom (pardon the pun) of this. Maybe if she was present she can name names of those who were also present.

I honestly hope she can get over this and return to a normal life. By the sounds of things she has a long long way to go with the rehab.

When all this dies down someone remind me to tell the story of a mate of mine, who many decades ago when we were all sowing our wild oates, he had a favorite party trick of igniting his own farts.

That degenerate grew up to be a fine upstanding member of the community, and head lecturer of a University department now I believe.

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Ffs. I had posters of Motley Crew and Guns & Roses on my wall when i was a kid. I didn't turn out into a cocaine addicted, booze fueled junkie! Why? Cause my parents taught me better. Right from wrong, good from bad.......still liked the music though.

Bit worried about your avatar though JB. Still some burning scars deep inside the subconscious.

Cheers
Quigs

Loudstrat

Coach
I'm sure if Carney needed legal representation, he'd go for a QC before you Quigs.

Has it been identified as to how these burns were afflicted?
Yes. The defendent burned him!

Was there some sort of combustible agent added to the genital region of the recipient?
Doesn't need to be. Ask the people of Gippsland what happens when flame meets skin.
Did the recipient knowingly allow the combustible agent to be added to his person?
:lol:
TC: Hello mate. Do I have your permission to burn your testicles?
VICTIM: Yes, of course you can Toddy!

FFS Quigs lay off the KB!

Was there intent to disfigure the recipient?
Generally if you burn someone, they will be disfigurerd.

What agent was used to ignite the combustable area, cig lighter, match, hot breath?
Hot breath? Next time my missus gets horny I should immerse myself in watergel?
Was there more then a party of one involved in the act of igniting the combustable area of the body?
How many Todd Carneys does it take to change a lightbulb?

Who was the person who actually ignited the combustible area, was he acting alone, was there a conspiracy involving more then one person to disfigure the genitally of the recipient?
Who cares. If Carney was involved, that's all that matters.

If so who, and were they acting on behalf of unidentified party, i.e. a jilted lover, a jealous boyfriend, or was it a set up to defame a certain high profile sports person?
Carney doesn't need any help to defame him.

Was it some form of wierd consensual group sex?
Carney doesn't play for Cronulla.

Or was it just a bit of fun gone wrong with a group of young blokes including one known dickhead who were holidaying on the Queensland coast over New Years Eve?
Known dickhead. Answers all questions.

Many people die on road accidents that were simply a bit of fun gone wrong. People still get charged for a bit of fun gone wrong.

Nice to know you condone setting humans on fire!

Quigs

Immortal
I don't condone humans setting people on fire Loud, a long way from it, but pranks happen all the time.

Have for decades, and some pranks go wrong. Seen a lot of them go wrong myself. Not involved mind you, but in my youth we had many a "this is living Daniel" times.

I reckon there would of been heaps of young blokes go to Hospitals over NYE for pranks that went wrong, but just because this one involved dickhead Carney it is world shattering news.

Maybe, just maybe it was a bit like this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmJ3zKBgqp8

stupid yes, very stupid yes, dickhead yes, but it goes on between mates.

Re the KB's - been on the wagon now for 3 1/2 years. Was a Tooheys Old man meself back in my Syd-a-ney days.

My body is a Mosque, it used to be a temple, but it got too big.

Cheers
Quigs

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't condone humans setting people on fire Loud, a long way from it, but pranks happen all the time.

Have for decades, and some pranks go wrong. Seen a lot of them go wrong myself. Not involved mind you, but in my youth we had many a "this is living Daniel" times.

I reckon there would of been heaps of young blokes go to Hospitals over NYE for pranks that went wrong, but just because this one involved dickhead Carney it is world shattering news.

Maybe, just maybe it was a bit like this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmJ3zKBgqp8

stupid yes, very stupid yes, dickhead yes, but it goes on between mates.

Re the KB's - been on the wagon now for 3 1/2 years. Was a Tooheys Old man meself back in my Syd-a-ney days.

Cheers
Quigs

Exactly I have been to many parties mostly in my school days where someone lights a fart EVERYONE starts cracking up.

Much like the Gallen having a slash in the street I have been the driver for the night and still haven't been let in after 1am to use the loo. Kebab shops and 7/11 great for feeds on the way home but have no loos.

Like The Loo incident (SBW) ask anyone that works in clubs my mate a DM at Panthers and at least 1 times a night people get kicked out for going for it in the disabled toilets.

None of the 3 above activities am I a fan of but if me or a mates does them. It's a nothing story

BUT I question the Player education program whether they are idols or not the are well known so are in the spotlight in public and private lives like music or movie stars. Most like Hindmarsh, Orford etc get that.

As Quigs said his parents brought him up properly. BUT some players get brought from the country/interstate at 15 or 16 or come from a broken home so the Clubs become the parents and need to educate them that they are always on show DESPITE what their mates do

They seem to be not getting that message the question needs to be why?

Last edited:

matt

Juniors
pfff, i don't even remember having a "role model"

I had my favourite players, had no freakin idea what they got up to off the field, nor did I care.

I don't believe footballers have anywhere near the effect on children some of you wowsers think they do.
Yep good point,Who gave a f**k what they did off the field I sure as f**k know i didn't then i suppose i am astrong minded inndividual,it seems only the media and some new brigade of softcock pc wowsers disguised as league supporters...I think the differance now is many more people that where picked on in schools by the big bad footy man have found their voice through internet forums,Like minded individuals that bore the sh*t out of me...Quite sad really..

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach

:lol: I'll pay that!

Pranks are pranks, but the law overrides that.

Interesting to see the Roosters treat it as that. They must be worried though.

And if the bloke doesn't press charges, then that takes the wind out of the media's sails a bit. But is has proven one thing: Carney is a dickhead - and no amount of discipline will change that.

So you already have Carney done and dusted as the ignitee. With a PIC OF CARNEY'S VICTIM:

The initial report states

The Seven Network claimed the former Canberra bad boy and a companion burnt the man's buttocks, scrotum and upper thigh in the alleged incident at Airlie Beach.

link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26553409-5018866,00.html

Then we get this, its just so sensational,

"It was disgusting, like, it was burned," witness "Jenny" told Channel 7.
"You could tell he was in pain. He was kind of gripping his hands and kind of rubbing his arm and that, just kept saying: 'I need to get to a hospital'."

link:http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s-of-burn-emerge/story-e6frexnr-1225816385115

Was Jenny present at the time of the alleged CARNEYS VICTIM (oh and a companion) GOT DELIBERATELY TORCHED.

I hope Jenny can make a detailed statement to someone, maybe the Police, then we can all get to the bottom (pardon the pun) of this. Maybe if she was present she can name names of those who were also present.

I honestly hope she can get over this and return to a normal life. By the sounds of things she has a long long way to go with the rehab.

When all this dies down someone remind me to tell the story of a mate of mine, who many decades ago when we were all sowing our wild oates, he had a favorite party trick of igniting his own farts.

That degenerate grew up to be a fine upstanding member of the community, and head lecturer of a University department now I believe.

Cheers
Quigs

Us Raiders fans tend to have the urge to want paint Carney as a guilty bastard Quigsy.

LMFAO @ Jenny..."like, it was burned.."

Quigs

Immortal
I'll stand on the highest mountain in the land and say that Carney is a dickhead.

But the truth be known the league is riddled with dickheads, and so is every other professional sport in the country, and so is every business place, school, parliament, and even believe it or not, rugby league forums.

Its part of life.

Mary McKillop could not play rugby league and some rugby league players just can't be saints.

I used to love league, it was full of characters, you'd enjoy going to watch games involving side that you don't follow because you knew something was going to happen.

They have done their best to sanitise the crap out of the game and taken away its soul. Arrhhhhh don't get me going.

You know what annoys me more then the league having the likes of Carney and co playing in it, it is the "bus prefect" types that run the code and the dickhead bus prefect types that now follow the game and the parasites that earn a living off reporting on it, but can't wait to slip the boot into some dickhead that has lit a fart or pissed in a street. Earth shattering events for sure. Kids might kill people because of it or take drugs, or rob old people.

Open the window, stick your heads outside and have a look at the real world.

Cheers
Quigs

Loudstrat

Coach
I used to love league, it was full of characters, you'd enjoy going to watch games involving side that you don't follow because you knew something was going to happen.

Yes, changing public opinion reflecting changing values have altered the personality of the code. Yet there is a difference between Carney and someone like Mason, whose misdemeanours are usually slight and goofy. Like making squeaking noises near a journo.

Characters were from a different era. Characters can still exist today. Jason Hetherington was a classic example of a great player with a great ethic, yet had tonnes of character. Lockyer - in Joey's book Heather is portrayed as a quick witted funny man - has become mind numbingly boring since the Raper joke. The trouble is that today, the only people to slip out of the "perfect spokesman" box are those that cannot possibly live within it - Carney, Maitua, Mason, Ridell etc.

Hetherington proved you don't have to be a dickhead to have character. Hindy is another one -far better in the press than club captain Cayless. Fittler was too - although is grog incidents are sadly piling up too.

nyx

Juniors
What sort of pants was this guy wearing?

I mean, if he was dressed head-to-toe in Ed Hardy then Carney's actions were entirely justified.

Kiki

First Grade
fairly sure you can be a 'character' without setting people on fire. just a thought.

btw you all need to realise this is a story because it's Todd Carney, not because of what happened.

I wonder how many kids even know who Todd Carney is.
Heck, if kids watch the news these days instead of the Simpsons, something is wrong.

Quigs

Immortal
Don't know about Toddy boy being Barney, but there are as sure as sh!t a lot of Ned Flanderers living in here.

Cheers
Quigs

Twigg

Juniors
If the guy's pants are made out of nylon it would be much worse. Would have melted into his skin.

Latest posts