What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney & Steve Irwin under investigation?

RABK

Referee
Ray was on 2gb saying Todd Carney is under investigation by the police over an incident that occured last night. Suspended by the club indefinetly and the club will release a statement shortly.

In relation to a car accident apparently. No sources except 2GB yet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
f**k me dead. Who cares? It's an incident in his private life. Let it go.

Edwahu

Bench
Wonder how both are in trouble? You would think it would only be the driver in the sh*t.

Timmah

Staff member
For the record, official source:

RAIDERS PLAYERS SUSPENDED

Canberra Raiders players Todd Carney and Steve Irwin have been suspended by the club, after being involved in a traffic incident in the ACT.

The incident occurred on Friday May 18, and the matter is now under investigation by ACT policing.

Both players will be unavailable for selection until the matter has been resolved.

Canberra Raiders CEO Simon Hawkins said the club would investigate the matter.

"The Raiders are working with ACT Policing and now need to let the investigation take its course," Hawkins said.

"Until this time both players have been suspended indefinitely and their future with the club will be determined at a later date."

The NRL has been informed about the incident.

http://www.rugbyleaguelive.com/news_article.asp?cid=803

Timmah

Staff member
Perhaps the thread title should include Irwin's name too ;-)

RABK

Referee
Dodger said:
f**k me dead. Who cares? It's an incident in his private life. Let it go.

I'd imagine 99.9% of league fans care. Nothing private about breaking the law especially when you're a high profile sportsmen.

And no, no one will touch you let alone f**k you dead.

perverse

Referee
yobbo84 said:
All that is mentioned is "traffic incident". High speed, DUI, or drugs you'd think would be involved for it to be this serious.
my thoughts too.. but no real point speculating, could be nothing.

Timmah

Staff member
Red and Blue Knight said:
I'd imagine 99.9% of league fans care. Nothing private about breaking the law especially when you're a high profile sportsmen.

You're just jealous I turned you down. :lol:

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:

It's what they call the "bulldog defence". After years of being embarassed by the shenanigans of their players, he now finds the best approach being to ignore any off-field indiscretions as "just part of the players private lives".

RABK

Referee
Wonder IF carney gets sacked if the Knights would be interested.

6. Carney
7. Mullen

What do you think Raider?

Raider_69

Post Whore
This could be our season and todd's career
if he was silly enough to have been behind that wheel, he is going to jail... im am hoping and praying he is an innocent passanger in the car. And is cleared of all wrong doing... but this could be very bad

Cletus

First Grade
Well I guess this makes it a little clearer:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200705/s1927531.htm

Raiders pair suspended
The Canberra Raiders have confirmed that two of their players were involved in a police pursuit last night.

ACT Police say a 20-year-old man handed himself into the City Police Station last night after a pursuit through the northern suburb of Bruce.

He will be summonsed to court to answer three charges including failing to stop when directed by police, negligent driving and driving whilst disqualified.

The Raiders released a statement saying Todd Carney and Steve Irwin had been suspended by the club.

Dutchy

Immortal
Raider_69 said:
This could be our season and todd's career
if he was silly enough to have been behind that wheel, he is going to jail... im am hoping and praying he is an innocent passanger in the car. And is cleared of all wrong doing... but this could be very bad

That Dragons winger didnt go to jail, hes had plenty more offences than Carney..

Raids were just starting to look good 2....does suck

Latest posts