What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney

tangalife

Juniors
What does everyone think about the rumour of us signing him?

The rumour is we are offering alot more than the Sharks and Dragons (which would be the case to lure any decent player here anyway) but also that we are offering the 4 year contact he wants - sharks only offering 3.

I for one would be stoked, as he has appeared to have cleaned up his act a bit off the field and I rate him highly as a player. Did ME coach him when he was at the Raiders?

I guess this would only mean TL would move to hooker to replace Friend, Carlos would be developed as a centre and Pita a utility. Not sure what would happen to Seijka

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
He gets along very well with Elliott, they are connected from the Canberra days

He would be a great signing for you, but tbh I think you are next to no chance, unless you pay huge overs that blows everyone else out of the water.

Can't see him leaving Lauryn Eagle behind over there for 4 years and they have just purchased a house together. Saints is just up the road from the Shire so you'd have to think if the money was relatively close, and he did want to leave the Sharks, that he would go down that route

hitro

Juniors
He's mental but a very good player indeed. He usually makes the Warriors look stupid when he plays us.
It could be really great!
I read a series of lists of the top 25 players right now in the NRL written by different journalists, He was on every one around the no. 8 mark. Mannering came up a quite regularly and SJ a few times, Matulino was on the list of both the NZ writers.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Let's say hypothetically that the Warriors did get him

Could he and Johnson work effectively as a halves pairing ? Tbh I'd have my doubts

Iafeta

Referee
Very well, I would have thought. Two areas that the Warriors struggle with currently in relation to the halves - the five eighth doesn't run the ball much, and the Warriors short kicking game is fairly poor. I would think he'd make a massive difference here.

I doubt we'll get him though for all the aforementioned reasons.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Neither really strike me as an organizational halve, which is where I think the struggle could be in the pairing

Iafeta

Referee
OTT, another name the Mole is touting, not a half though, is Jason Bakuya.

jaseg

Juniors
He gets along very well with Elliott, they are connected from the Canberra days

He would be a great signing for you, but tbh I think you are next to no chance, unless you pay huge overs that blows everyone else out of the water.

Can't see him leaving Lauryn Eagle behind over there for 4 years and they have just purchased a house together. Saints is just up the road from the Shire so you'd have to think if the money was relatively close, and he did want to leave the Sharks, that he would go down that route

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...n-eagle-break-up/story-e6frewz0-1226614412651

Looks like that is no longer an issue. Actually the "Kinda. We are both really busy with our careers," quote from the article may well be an indication he is planning on moving.

I'm not confident, nor desperate to see him signed - but he would be a big signing. A good one.

I would be very disappointed to see Pita Godinet leave the club if those rumours are true though. Very, very disappointed. :x

Kick and Hope

Juniors
Wonder if they are breaking up about him moving to NZ? Check out 'Todd Carney and Lauryn Eagle break-up
'. Can't post link.

tangalife

Juniors
Yeah aparantly hes split from the Mrs, which is a good thing if we want him.

As for paying massive overs, yep well we have to pay overs for any Aussie player aparantly even Neilson is on something ridiculous.

Carney and Johnson should go good togeather, I think it would really take the heat of Johnson having someone as good as Carney there.

Would be sad to see Godinet go as well. Him and Leuluai could make a great Hooker rotation once Friendy is gone. And he makes a more than capable backup half to SJ.

Rich102

Staff member
Wonder if they are breaking up about him moving to NZ? Check out 'Todd Carney and Lauryn Eagle break-up
'. Can't post link.

Cronulla's Todd Carney is understood to have split from girlfriend of one year Lauryn Eagle, with the latter all but confirming bust-up rumours which have been swirling around.
Taking centre stage in the International Lounge at Saturday's Golden Slipper at Rosehill Gardens, Eagle shrugged her Bec & Bridge clad shoulders when asked whether the pair were still dating.
"Kinda. We are both really busy with our careers," she said, pulling a face.
However Confidential understands the couple, who went public with their romance at last year's Dally M Awards, split last month following a lengthy off-season holiday for the pair.
The couple first hooked up following a Lonsdale shoot last May, with the twosome spied enjoying a romantic dinner at Cronulla's Sealevel restaurant a few weeks later.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sub..._mpl_seealso_149x181&sourceCode=TAWEB_MPL120A

Eagle, who is busy pursuing a career as a rugby sevens player and is also setting up her own gym at Darling Harbour, certainly had no shortage of admirers at the "Slipper" and seemed to be having a great time - Instagramming a shot of herself covered in $50 notes with the caption "Winner Winner, chicken dinner". It's the second high-profile bust-up for Carney, who parted ways with Channel 7 weather girl Liz Cantor back in 2011.

Eagle has had her share of dating disasters too, breaking up with boxer Lovemore N'dou amid a bogus and very public sex tape claim.
Meanwhile, a new couple turning heads at the Slipper were cast members Aldo Mignone and Jacinta Acevski from Seven's new period soapie, A Place Called Home.
Confidential hears the on and off screen pair not only appear on the screen together but have moved in to a new home in fashionable Bondi.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n-eagle-break-up/story-e6frg6n6-1226614412651

Kick and Hope

Juniors
Cronulla's Todd Carney is understood to have split from girlfriend of one year Lauryn Eagle, with the latter all but confirming bust-up rumours which have been swirling around.
Taking centre stage in the International Lounge at Saturday's Golden Slipper at Rosehill Gardens, Eagle shrugged her Bec & Bridge clad shoulders when asked whether the pair were still dating.
"Kinda. We are both really busy with our careers," she said, pulling a face.
However Confidential understands the couple, who went public with their romance at last year's Dally M Awards, split last month following a lengthy off-season holiday for the pair.
The couple first hooked up following a Lonsdale shoot last May, with the twosome spied enjoying a romantic dinner at Cronulla's Sealevel restaurant a few weeks later.

Eagle, who is busy pursuing a career as a rugby sevens player and is also setting up her own gym at Darling Harbour, certainly had no shortage of admirers at the "Slipper" and seemed to be having a great time - Instagramming a shot of herself covered in $50 notes with the caption "Winner Winner, chicken dinner". It's the second high-profile bust-up for Carney, who parted ways with Channel 7 weather girl Liz Cantor back in 2011.

Eagle has had her share of dating disasters too, breaking up with boxer Lovemore N'dou amid a bogus and very public sex tape claim.
Meanwhile, a new couple turning heads at the Slipper were cast members Aldo Mignone and Jacinta Acevski from Seven's new period soapie, A Place Called Home.
Confidential hears the on and off screen pair not only appear on the screen together but have moved in to a new home in

Thanks. I think we are in with a good chance. Depends if ASADA suspends players from the Sharks though. He may have not fancy playing with a team of reserve graders.

Latest posts