What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney

blacksafake

First Grade
I can't really believe the club is seriously looking at him.He supposedly has had behaviour issues as well as injury which is why he is being let go.As other posters have stated Benji is a better option especially his off field appeal with kids, sponsors, media etc.I'd hate to see the club finish up like others with media types & the general public constantly following certain types around looking for or digging up any dirt.

gitano

Juniors
Know Todd reasonably well. His issue was hanging out in Goulburn, where everyone knew him, and it only took one person to report fairly innocuous stuff. He didn't help himself with who he mixed with, people who wanted to compete for his affection by being knobheads.

As has been said, he's no worse than anyone else. The only person he's hurt is himself. We need him.

since77

Juniors
Know Todd reasonably well. His issue was hanging out in Goulburn, where everyone knew him, and it only took one person to report fairly innocuous stuff. He didn't help himself with who he mixed with, people who wanted to compete for his affection by being knobheads.

As has been said, he's no worse than anyone else. The only person he's hurt is himself. We need him.

I'm sure there are worse people out there, and his behaviour just seems to be typical bogan - no more, no less. But the fact that yet another club (in a country where he can't trot out the excuse he's being targeted and victimised by the media) wants to get rid of him because of his behaviour isn't enough of a red flag that he's going to be trouble? We're one of the few NRL clubs dumb enough to consider him.

Simon

Juniors
A lot of people say 'no they don't want him', but the reality is he's a bloody good footballer and if he turns up, wins us games and doesn't get into strife we'll all love him.

In our current situation I think if we have a chance lets go for him. What's the worst that can happen, we sign him, he does something stupid and gets sacked and we're back to a Hutchinson / McCrone at half which is where we are at the moment.

Gareth67

First Grade
[QUOTE="since77,]But the fact that yet another club (in a country where he can't trot out the excuse he's being targeted and victimised by the media) wants to get rid of him because of his behaviour isn't enough of a red flag that he's going to be trouble? We're one of the few NRL clubs dumb enough to consider him.[/QUOTE]

Only yesterday I was for signing him for 1 year , believing that he had finally grown - up , only to read today that , as you have said 77 , that he is still the village - idiot !
Just how many chances does this fool believe that he is entitled to ?

As disheartening as it maybe, we may need to brace ourselves for another year of a Widdop / ? whoever scrum combination. The only bright side being , that the juniors will have plenty of game time to show their wares .

Who knows Hutchinson may be able to nail the half vacancy , if not well come season 2018 they will at least have the money to make a bid for a decent playmaker .

But like all Dragon supporters , I also want season 2017 to be a winning season , not another year when we are pulling out our hair and screaming in disappointment .

Tuddy

Juniors
Can we please just give our bloody juniors a go instead of getting involved will all this rubbish. I'm prepared to wait a couple of years if it means we are building to something, but buying carney is just like buying Benji all over again. When will we learn? We've got some of the best juniors in the comp and we are talking to idiots like him. I don't want my kids supporting players like this.

FFS

Hutchison can play 7 but imo isn't a 7.

Payne would be the next guy in line as a traditional 7 and his skill set is quite good.

Field is a running number 6 who honestly could be a better fullback.

Latest posts