What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Greenberg Appointed NRL CEO

Who Should Be The Next NRL CEO

• Todd Greenberg

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Shane Richardson

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Phil Gould

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • John Grant

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Andrew Demetriou

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • John Quayle

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Somebody Else.....Post Who

Votes: 46 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Did he jump or was he pushed? Let the conspiracy theories commence!

1. He walked as he was against the nine deal and commission railroaded it
2. He was pushed as he has stuffed up the tvs rights by going with nine so early
3. He walked as he is sick of clubs and some commissioners White anting his reforms of the game
4. He was pushed due to his failure to deliver on a number of strategic outcomes
5. He walked as he realised the job was too big for him,especially after seeing the reforming the game report from Richo
6. He has walked as he has been offered a better deal somewhere else, maybe Union in Europe

t-ba

Post Whore
Congratulations tribal geniuss. Hope you enjoy whatever patsy gets put up next.

jargan83

Coach
Very unexpected!

Fox Sports News wanking on that the TV deal being one of the major reasons he walked, then spent time waffling on about the AFL deal.

Had to jump on here just to make sure Fox wasn't making it up.

grouch

First Grade
Did he jump or was he pushed? Let the conspiracy theories commence!

1. He walked as he was against the nine deal and commission railroaded it
2. He was pushed as he has stuffed up the tvs rights by going with nine so early
3. He walked as he is sick of clubs and some commissioners White anting his reforms of the game
4. He was pushed due to his failure to deliver on a number of strategic outcomes
5. He walked as he realised the job was too big for him,especially after seeing the reforming the game report from Richo
6. He has walked as he has been offered a better deal somewhere else, maybe Union in Europe

7. He was pushed (with a fat severance cheque) as the Foxtel deal has been done and the Murdochs wanted his scalp to help them avoid humiliation

Johnny88

Juniors
Smith did not negotiate the previous billion dollar deal. He just came on board and spent the money on getting a 20k crowd average! Did they hit any of their growth targets in their much vaunted 'strategic plan'?

Ok I thought he had something to do with it. I think he needed to go anyway who will they get this time.

Pig Champion

Juniors
Congratulations tribal geniuss. Hope you enjoy whatever patsy gets put up next.

Agreed. We have an "outsider" and do the rugby league thing which is undermine him because we only like murdoch/packer plants or self interested footy dinosaurs.

Some News Hack giving Smith a bagging on Fox sports News, this is just the start.

Look for News to get another cheap deal into the future. Sadly most people have fallen for their spin.

This.
It is now much, much, much more likely Fox get the PayTV deal for next to nothing ...

Nerd

Bench
I thought Smith was doing an OK job to be honest. Hopefully the deal with Fox has been done and him walking was as said above to save some face for News Corp.

no name

Coach
7. He was pushed (with a fat severance cheque) as the Foxtel deal has been done and the Murdochs wanted his scalp to help them avoid humiliation

Hopefully, this is the case. Unfortunately, I don't think it is.

t-ba

Post Whore
I thought Smith was doing an OK job to be honest. Hopefully the deal with Fox has been done and him walking was as said above to save some face for News Corp.

Hopefully.

I am certain its not however and they are going in dry.

Hopefully, this is the case. Unfortunately, I don't think it is.

Much more likely he was pushed by Murdoch friendly stooges.

There is the real possibility the game will suffer because of this as there is a chance a Gallop like hire will be made now.

POPEYE

Coach
Is it certain he was pushed . . . being head of a 'national' business when it's not really national or doesn't want to be may be below his stature

Nerd

Bench
Hopefully.

I am certain its not however and they are going in dry.
It would be nice to think that if News offer some token deal that the NRL would say thanks but no thanks and walk away. Two years is a long time with the way the media landscape is changing. Would be interesting to see how Fox pays for the AFL deal with no NRL to prop up their subscriber base.

Is it certain he was pushed . . . being head of a 'national' business when it's not really national or doesn't want to be may be below his stature

Definitely not certain, but it wouldn't surprise.

Whether Murdoch has the power is the question.

If Fox gets the pay tv rights for next to nothing will be the answer

Latest posts