What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Greenberg Appointed NRL CEO

Who Should Be The Next NRL CEO

• Todd Greenberg

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Shane Richardson

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Phil Gould

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • John Grant

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Andrew Demetriou

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • John Quayle

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Somebody Else.....Post Who

Votes: 46 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nrlnrl

First Grade
He wasn't a rugby league person, merely a successful businessman who might've become a fan. NRL CEO was only going to be a short term job for him & just another achievement on his cv. That's not a personal criticism, it's just the way a lot of executives operate these days.

Good luck to him in his next role.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Amazing reading some of the clueless comments on Facebook.
'Does this mean we can bring back the shoulder charge'
'He was making the game to soft'
'Bring back gallop'
'He completely undersold the tv rights'

It shows that the spin and personal attacks against the guy have worked. The other criticism of him is that he is a posh Wanker who knows nothing about rugby league. But if he is replaced by a 'rugby league person', who keeps his strategy of not bending over for Mr Murdoch but is more relatable to the public then it might all work out in our favour. But if he is replaced by a news ltd lackey like gallop then we are stuffed

I'll do it.

I'll bring back the bears, the biff and the shoulder charge.

I'll kick out Souffs and change the Broncos logo to a dildo.

I'm what this sport needs.

'Bring back gallop'

It shows that the spin and personal attacks against the guy have worked. The other criticism of him is that he is a posh Wanker who knows nothing about rugby league. But if he is replaced by a 'rugby league person', who keeps his strategy of not bending over for Mr Murdoch but is more relatable to the public then it might all work out in our favour. But if he is replaced by a news ltd lackey like gallop then we are stuffed
My moneys on a News Ltd lackey.
Grant lost his bottle and its going to cost the NRL millions and the debt at clubs will only increase.

MarkC

Juniors
I am disappointed that Smith has gone.

But the key is to replace him with another strong leader who will get things things done and who is not afraid to confront vested interest in the media, broadcasters and clubs.

Specifically News but they are not the only ones pushing their own agenda.

I just hope we don't get another weak bumbling leader like Gallop.

I prefer a business appointment from outside the game like Smith, they are less likely to be a puppet for vested interests.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
'Bring back gallop'

We have some dopes who follow this great game.

chigurh

God dammit. Does anything EVER run smoothly for this game? :lol:

To put it lightly it seems that TV deal is in a pretty precarious position - and of course it could already be beyond repair and the reason for Smith leaving.

no name

Coach
Not getting too much info out of the press conference.
It will prob take a few weeks to work out why.

LineBall

Juniors
Why do people assume the next guy will just be a News Ltd Puppet? Surely News have no vote in who will be the next CEO.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Question to @DaveSmithNRL: "Did the constant media criticism wear you down?" #NRL

.@DaveSmithNRL: "The media does a great job by and large at propagating this game" #NRL

https://twitter.com/LeagueUnlimited/status/656262839070425091

Smith is not having a go at the media. Seems to confirm that this has come from inside the NRL. They have got rid of him because they felt the tv rights deal was not going to be good enough. As I suspected.