What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Lowrie

Suitman

Post Whore
Hellsy said:
It is when it is on a forum that everyone uses alias's, it reminds me of getting in trouble with my mother

You shouldn't have been such a naughty little girl then....... ;-)

BTW, I never felt degraded when I got in trouble from my mother?? :?

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
Hmmm...Lowrie will be a good solid signing for us, he runs hard and can hit a gap. He is also very young and shows a lot of promise. Good first signing given what is left on the market, now lets just hope for Nate Myles or Steve Simpson further down the track.

Hellsy

Immortal
Suitman said:
You shouldn't have been such a naughty little girl then....... ;-)

BTW, I never felt degraded when I got in trouble from my mother?? :?

Suity

I did when she used my full name

Bigfella

Coach
As i just posted in another thread somewhere Suity, we need to acknowledge that signing players has NEVER worked for us.

And I just disagreed it with it another thread. IMO we would never have won a premiership without recruitment (I named 3 players and you might well include J Gibson in that lot)

Recruitment was a key to us getting out of the doldrums of the 1990's - when we recruited the core of the 4 Bulldogs plus Raper Freemand and Ritson we had success (at least when we recruited an outside coach to add to the mix. The idea of using ex players as in-house coaches was an unmitigated disaster in the 1990s)

And when we hit another slump in the mid 2000's the only way we arrested the slide was an influx of talent. Are you seriously suggesting that the minor premiership in 2005 was not a result of the drive that saw Tahu Riddell Morrison added to the roster?

Then 2006 saw NO recruitment ... and what do you get? After 1986 to late 90's was our least active recruitment period ... we had no success.

Not only that but the cream of the local juniors did not reach the heights expected.

If you guys think there are wraps on the Haynes and Inus of this world, you weren't around when David Penna, Jason Bell, Michael Erickson and Scott Mahon were coming through the ranks...

The Colonel

Immortal
As i just posted in another thread somewhere Suity, we need to acknowledge that signing players has NEVER worked for us. I know we need to recruit to fill holes but we may need to go back to our juniors.

But bringing on those juniors before their time may not be the thing to do either. I understand where you are going but if we don't have the players that allow thes kids the time to develop then we will always be behind the eight ball and more and more juniors will go as has happened before.

With all that has happened this year I for one have lost some interest in the game and it looks like we won't be up to standard on the field next year so it'd going to hard to keep interested. Bring on the A league I say!

Hellsy

Immortal
Suitman said:
I got to the stage when I thought my full name was "You Little Bastard". :lol:

Suity

Have you ever listened to Bill Cosby stand up comedy???

He thought his name was 'Jesus Christ' :lol: :lol: :lol:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
parra-matters said:
With all that has happened this year I for one have lost some interest in the game and it looks like we won't be up to standard on the field next year so it'd going to hard to keep interested. Bring on the A league I say!

Anyone who ever wondered why Eels fans get referred to as fairweather fans, there's your answer! I hope you're taking the piss with that post.

Prodigal-Eel

Juniors
Just got this email:

MEDIA RELEASE

Tuesday 4 July 2006

PLAYER SIGNINGS

The Parramatta National Rugby League Club is pleased to announce the following players have re-signed with the Club:

Luke Burt

Aaron Cannings

Blake Green

Josh Cordoba

Weller Hauraki

This ads to the list of players re-signed by the Club earlier in the season, Chad Robinson, Jarryd Hayne, Fuifui Moimoi and Ben Smith.

The Club is also pleased to announce that player Todd Lowrie will join Parramatta from 2007, on a three year deal.

Glenn

First Grade
Personally going to enjoy the humble pie eating by those questioning the signing of Lowrie. :)

Bazal

Post Whore
Prodigal-Eel said:
Just got this email:

MEDIA RELEASE

Tuesday 4 July 2006

PLAYER SIGNINGS

The Parramatta National Rugby League Club is pleased to announce the following players have re-signed with the Club:

Luke Burt

Aaron Cannings

Blake Green

Josh Cordoba

Weller Hauraki

This ads to the list of players re-signed by the Club earlier in the season, Chad Robinson, Jarryd Hayne, Fuifui Moimoi and Ben Smith.

The Club is also pleased to announce that player Todd Lowrie will join Parramatta from 2007, on a three year deal.

WOOOO!! :crazy: :crazy:

Suitman

Post Whore
Besides Blake Green, who people have thought may have been going elsewhere, I'm not any more excited than I was this morning.

Suity

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Already knew about Burt, but Cannings? I hope he took a HUGE paycut. If he is on more than Daniel Tolar or Ben Hannant are asking for then management want shooting.

Green.. THANK GOD!!, WE HAVE A FIVE-EIGHTH FOR NEXT YEAR!!, would still like to see Scott Hill in an Eels jersey though.

Weller and Cordoba are great re-signings too. And (officially) welcome to the Eels, Todd. I'm actually quite happy that we've signed him now.

Bazal

Post Whore
Suitman said:
Besides Blake Green, who people have thought may have been going elsewhere, I'm not any more excited than I was this morning.

Suity

Hauraki was also linked to the Storm, and he, Cannings and Cordoba, along with Lowrie, certianly strengthen our forward depth. Now we need some established forwards and we will be looking a lot better....