What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Lowrie

PIG

Juniors
I rate Lowrie all jokes aside- he's better than most of the muppets we have here now. Good tackle technique and footwork- ability to run a whole. Basically he's Chad Robinson with a bit more attack- he won't let anybody down and i'm sure isn't here on massive bucks.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Good tackle technique and footwork- ability to run a whole
i agree!
although he is sometimes up there with the missed tackles, he makes a fair few each game! and isn't bad with the try scoring either...

strider

Post Whore
Suitman said:
Mate, really, and I'm being serious here.
No need to get like that just because a lot of people aren't happy with the club or don't agree with what you say.

Opinions, remember?

Suity

don't lay the "let people have opinions" crap on me .... i was just having my opinion myself - then the eyes started rolling ...

Suitman said:
Ahh yes.......but sh*t happens. :roll:

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
Angry_eel said:
we need back up of forwards. not necessarily props.

Well, considering all bar one of our props (2 when Cayless is on-song) are cats, I'd say we need props more than second-rowers.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Well, considering all bar one of our props (2 when Cayless is on-song) are cats, I'd say we need props more than second-rowers.
Yes, and i think hagan must be in talk with a couple of props.

btaag

Juniors
I am an eternal (deluded) Parra optimist, so I will not get too upset until every available player has been snapped up. I think we need to take a few weeks-off after the season (however it pans-out) and re-assess where we might stand in 2007.

In 1996 Ron Hilditch failed to get the 9 million dollar team into the semi finals. There was a player revolt, underachievement etc. Brian Smith in 1997 managed to get the Eels into the semis and saw us go on a major winning streak (albeit with John Simon coming to the club, but not much beter than Freeman). In 1998 we should have won the Grand Final.

Not a free plug for Smith or a slege for Hilditch, but it IS an example of a new coach coming to a club and making an instant difference. We all know Hagen is a players coach, how do we know that his influence wont bring the best out of some players???

I think JT has done a good job so far, but he would have to be a Smith devotee, and therefore would not be teaching the boys radical new things.
I think we will be pleasantly suprised at the positive impact Hagans coaching has on the boys. On paper, our squad now, and arguably next year is still top 8 material. It is an even comp these days, even more so with Souths and Titans spending hte moolah.
Be positive guys!!!

PS. Welcome to Parra Todd - DONT play too well this weekend!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Back in 2003 Parramatta signed a young forward from the club they were going to play the next week, Parramatta won that game however the player signed has since failed to live up to his reputation.

That player was Aaron Cannings

The situation with Todd Lowrie is similar

Parramatta sign him the week before they play his current side.
Does that mean Parra will in the game???
If they win it will Lowrie have the same problems that have plauged Cannings??

:lol:

Wobbygong

First Grade
Todd Lowrie, what an awesome signing, well done Fitzy the wait for the June deadline to pass has all been worth it lol!!!!

I've heard you're chasing Michael Korkidas for the ESL as well..............

number8

Juniors
I'd like to see them have a crack at luring Nigel Plum across. Not a prop, I know, but I like the way he plays.