What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom Brady

kurt faulk

Coach

before the pats got caught cheating - won 3 superbowls

after the pats got caught cheating - won f**k all and will continue to win f**k all until he retires.

it's not so easy when he doesn't know what's coming.

Ron Jeremy

Coach

before the pats got caught cheating - won 3 superbowls

after the pats got caught cheating - won f**k all and will continue to win f**k all until he retires.

it's not so easy when he doesn't know what's coming.

:lol: i love my fishing better

Just one question - if Brady and the Pats knew what was coming? then how come the opposition still scored points and won games?:lol: and even still, they won 17 straight games.....thats after getting caught, or even better, if it were that bad? then how come the NFL didn't strip them of there Superbowl titles?:lol:

I guess the motivation somewhat goes afte wining 3 Superbowl rings:D

RJ wins yet again:D

18to87

First Grade
Love your post but I still think he is a great QB.

Some of his playoff stats since their last Superbowl win are not so great:

05 divisional vs the Broncs, 2 picks, 74 rating
06 divisional vs Chargers 3 picks, 57.6 rating
06 afc final vs Indy 1 pick 79.5 rating
07 afc final vs Chargers, 3 picks, 66.4 rating
07 Sb vs Giants, no picks but only 82.5 rating
09 wild card vs Ravens 3 picks 49.1 rating

This just proves that the playoffs is a different ball game and that its the best teams that win the Superbowl.

The Pats won 3 Superbowls with an amazing star studded defence. In the playoffs you need much more than a Brady or a Manning even if they are two of the greatest of all time (Manning being greater).

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Love your post but I still think he is a great QB.

Some of his playoff stats since their last Superbowl win are not so great:

05 divisional vs the Broncs, 2 picks, 74 rating
06 divisional vs Chargers 3 picks, 57.6 rating
06 afc final vs Indy 1 pick 79.5 rating
07 afc final vs Chargers, 3 picks, 66.4 rating
07 Sb vs Giants, no picks but only 82.5 rating
09 wild card vs Ravens 3 picks 49.1 rating

This just proves that the playoffs is a different ball game and that its the best teams that win the Superbowl.

The Pats won 3 Superbowls with an amazing star studded defence. In the playoffs you need much more than a Brady or a Manning even if they are two of the greatest of all time (Manning being greater).

Nah disagree, i never rated their D, I always thought it was more the opposition playing catch up which made there D look great, Brady can control games beautifully - up until the last SB you just knew he'd come in and play the game on his terms, thats the feeling i get when he plays.

Also i wouldn't call 82.5 QB rating bad in a SB against an amazing Giants D blitzing all night, it was actually very good.

I reckon the Ravens will go all the way tbh

18to87

First Grade
then how come the NFL didn't strip them of there Superbowl titles?:lol:

Geez I wonder. Why is it that football became the dominant sport in the States over the last 15 years?

Jordan retired and then Basketball players started to earn a bad rep with their behavior.

Baseball went on strike and then the steroid problems.

The NFL then emerged as easily the strongest sport. Why risk that by telling the whole truth about the Patriots and tainting the biggest game in the world - the Superbowl. We will never know the truth.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Geez I wonder. Why is it that football became the dominant sport in the States over the last 15 years?

Jordan retired and then Basketball players started to earn a bad rep with their behavior.

Baseball went on strike and then the steroid problems.

The NFL then emerged as easily the strongest sport. Why risk that by telling the whole truth about the Patriots and tainting the biggest game in the world - the Superbowl. We will never know the truth.

You know i'm right - and I'm a Bills fan playing in the same division, and despise the Pats believe it or not;-)

18to87

First Grade
Nah disagree, i never rated their D, I always thought it was more the opposition playing catch up which made there D look great, Brady can control games beautifully - up until the last SB you just knew he'd come in and play the game on his terms, thats the feeling i get when he plays.

Also i wouldn't call 82.5 QB rating bad in a SB against an amazing Giants D blitzing all night, it was actually very good.

I reckon the Ravens will go all the way tbh
There was many elite players on those Superbowl defences. I know I have listed them for you before.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
There was many elite players on those Superbowl defences. I know I have listed them for you before.

That's the thing, imo many of them were overrated, feel free to post them again.

Brady like Manning had the luxury of a good line - however Brady had crappy recievers imo unlike what Manning Had.

Seriously, Moss and Welker sh*te all over the recievers the pats had in those Superbowl years, you can disagree if you like, but imo thats the truth.

18to87

First Grade
That's the thing, imo many of them were overrated, feel free to post them again.

Brady like Manning had the luxury of a good line - however Brady had crappy recievers imo unlike what Manning Had.

Seriously, Moss and Welker sh*te all over the recievers the pats had in those Superbowl years, you can disagree if you like, but imo thats the truth.

Well you are in the minority regarding the Pats D.

Manning's receivers sure didn't help him much when they were getting raped by the Pats secondary in the playoffs those few years.

Moss and Welker are better yes, but the Pats D is worse as we saw today. Manning had no D at all back when the Pats were knocking him out of the playoffs, see a trend?

As good as Brady is and I think he is great - Matt Cassel had 11 wins last year, the Pats only managed 10 this year.

Last edited:

Mal Meninga

Bench
Adam Vinatieri.

Bill Bellichick.

Spy Gate.

Kyle Orton/Matt Cassel. Slot them into the offense and teams still win 11 games.

Throwing for 150 yards and still winning a superbowl. Dinking and dunking to the 50 yard line on the final drive is not Montana/Elway clutch.

Great defenses. We will see atleast a handful of Pat defensive players going to Canton. How many from Indy? 0.

Jerry Rice said that Tom Brady is over rated and if Manning had those defenses he'd win more titles. Best player of all time might have a better idea than most.

Taping superbowl walk through. Tapes burned. Trying to defend the NFL from turning into a Serie A/NBA referee episode.

Feel free to debunk every single one of those facts. I won't read it though.

they won their 2nd sb title thanks to spying. I watched that Americas game the other day and Peyton Manning was on fire during the playoffs, then came up against New England and it showed in the lead up to the game in NE practice that Damon Huard was pretending to be Peyton Manning and knew all the signals and everything. they go on to pick 4 of peytons passes to win 24-14. spygate yeah baby :S

18to87

First Grade
What about the Hawaiin golf assistant guy that comes out and says he still has tapes from when he worked with the Patriots. His lawyer says he will expose the Patriots. Then he meets with Goodell and his name is never heard of ever again.

I am sure his kids will be going to the best college money can buy!

18to87

First Grade
they won their 2nd sb title thanks to spying. I watched that Americas game the other day and Peyton Manning was on fire during the playoffs, then came up against New England and it showed in the lead up to the game in NE practice that Damon Huard was pretending to be Peyton Manning and knew all the signals and everything. they go on to pick 4 of peytons passes to win 24-14. spygate yeah baby :S

Dungy said the once the investigation was done he would have a lot to say about Spygate. So did a number of other coaches. We know what the Steelers players and Eagles players said and they were holding back. Then in unison everyone stopped talking.

shiznit

Coach
who the f**k cares about spygate... if your stupid enough to give away your signals easily on the field than you deserve to get it...

and we all know that EVERYONE in the league does it... the only reason why anyone gave a sh*t in this instance was because it was the Pats Dynasty...

if the Raiders had been caught doing it no one would give a f**k... not that it would matter... they could have the opposition play book and still stink... and thats coming from a Raiders fan...

i bet if the Rams were caught about 6 or 7 years ago the same reaction would have happened to them. its all Jealousy from people who are looking for reasons why there own team stinks.

Brady is a damn good QB... for sure he's in a VERY good team... but it has to be remembered that this team's rise coincided with his time at QB. he deserves all the success that's come his way.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Spygate cost the Eagles a ring... i've since watched the game, in that 2nd half, the Pats knew EXACTLY what the Eagles were doing. Play calling is NEVER that spot on.

18to87

First Grade
Spygate cost the Eagles a ring... i've since watched the game, in that 2nd half, the Pats knew EXACTLY what the Eagles were doing. Play calling is NEVER that spot on.

Every time the Eagles blitzed they had a screen called. As you say, playcalling is never that spot on.