What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom Brady

RJ, you're just saying he's great because the Bills are in the same division, giving them a reason for sucking out. lol.

Brady is a glorified game manager. He's not an elite QB but not a game manager, he's something in between.

He'll never be as good as Manning, Elway, Montana, imo the 3 best Qbs of all time.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
3 superbowl rings... peyton manning 1.... brady won a superbowl with troy brown at CB... lets see manning win with reggie wayne at CB they both brilliant QBs and will both be HOF either way

andrew057

First Grade

before the pats got caught cheating - won 3 superbowls

after the pats got caught cheating - won f**k all and will continue to win f**k all until he retires.

it's not so easy when he doesn't know what's coming.

Tough day for you Kurt.

Maybe this video will cheer you up.

kurt faulk

Coach
Tough day for you Kurt.

Maybe this video will cheer you up.

No, not at all. I'm not a Falcons fan. They will forever go down as the biggest chokers in nfl history. That's got to be a tough pill to swallow. If that happened to the Rams i would be suicidal.

18to87

First Grade
Credit to Tom on this one. Scoreboard is what matters and he somehow brought them back. The Falcons sure did choke it away, with eerie similarities between the stupidity displayed by Seattle two years ago, in not running the ball to ice the game away with a FG. The play calling from McDaniels was superb as it wore down the Falcons pass rush that dominated the first half.

Still a few things stick out. Brady is a lucky guy. Not only does he have the GOAT coaches and a wife worth $380 million that allows him to take pay cuts but after throwing a pick six he is hit as he throws and somehow the pass is still completed! That same play was a pick six in SB48 for Manning. Also on the game tying drive, the Falcons miss an INT and Edelman somehow catches it - crazy. Then on the two point conversion (and much of the rest of the game) the Pats didn't have 6 men on the LOS - no flag. Then the illegal chop block in OT (playside!!!) which should have sent them back 15 yards and almost certainly gives the Falcons a chance with the ball - no call.

Anyway, Brady will surely go down as the GOAT now (pending the truth about Spygate ever coming out), despite being a system QB because he is a winner and comes through in the clutch. But BB is the GOAT coach, even with the cheating, so that is an argument against Brady as the GOAT IMO. NE is 14-6 without Brady and at least make the AFCCG this year if he doesn't play.

Interesting Brady Superbowl stats:

nick87

Coach
Yeah it's over now, even his most harsh critics must accept this now. I accepted it with his 4th but now he's got 5, and just engineered the greatest comeback in SB history, it's a wrap

He and BB are the respective GOAT's
Which stinks haha

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah it's over now, even his most harsh critics must accept this now. I accepted it with his 4th but now he's got 5, and just engineered the greatest comeback in SB history, it's a wrap

He and BB are the respective GOAT's
Which stinks haha
I think BB is responsible for Brady's success, he probably knows this too.
The fact that all the backup QBs (recent ones included) and coaching staff looked bananas at the Pats but then ordinary elsewhere indicates this.

nick87

Coach
Yeah I agree that is almost certainly true, but at the end of the day, it's still Brady out there reading defences, adjusting, and making throws... and whilst he's no doubt benefitted enormously from coaching, he's also really f**king good haha

And he's got 5 rings, so his runs are on the board so to speak.

I mean Montana is usually the guy held up as the GOAT ahead of Brady and he only had Bill Walsh as his coach haha

shiznit

Coach
I think BB is responsible for Brady's success, he probably knows this too.
The fact that all the backup QBs (recent ones included) and coaching staff looked bananas at the Pats but then ordinary elsewhere indicates this.

You do realise that Bill Belichick was 41-57 with 0 Super Bowls and 1 playoff appearance before he started Tom Brady...

He's since gone 199-71 including 25-9 in the playoffs with 5 Super Bowl titles since he first started Tom Brady...

Yeah.... that CLEARLY shows Belichick was winning jackshit before Brady fell in his lap...

And all I know is Brady has been winning like a motherf**ker since he started in this league... and that's a fact...

18to87

First Grade
You do realise that Bill Belichick was 41-57 with 0 Super Bowls and 1 playoff appearance before he started Tom Brady...

He's since gone 199-71 including 25-9 in the playoffs with 5 Super Bowl titles since he first started Tom Brady...

Yeah.... that CLEARLY shows Belichick was winning jackshit before Brady fell in his lap...

And all I know is Brady has been winning like a motherf**ker since he started in this league... and that's a fact...

If you think Spygate is no big deal then you have to call the NE defence that won the first 3 Superbowl's, one of the GOAT. Brady had 2 maybe 3 rings on his fingers before he was truly elite. That defense was wiping the floor with Manning, a top 5 all time QB himself, during those 3 Superbowl years before Manning fought back (3-1 vs Brady in AFCCG's #justsaying).

shiznit

Coach
If you think Spygate is no big deal then you have to call the NE defence that won the first 3 Superbowl's, one of the GOAT. Brady had 2 maybe 3 rings on his fingers before he was truly elite. That defense was wiping the floor with Manning, a top 5 all time QB himself, during those 3 Superbowl years before Manning fought back (3-1 vs Brady in AFCCG's #justsaying).
Lmfao... that's such a geniused argument...

So basically what your saying is that we should discount his first 2 maybe 3 rings because he had a GOAT defence on the other side??

So if we use that geniused logic then we should discount Payton's last 2 seasons with the Broncos where he relied on a GOAT defence....

You wanna say that Tom Brady wasn't truly elite with 2 maybe 3 of those rings?? Yet he was MVP in 2 of those 3 Super Bowls.

Remind me what Peyton was in the last 2 seasons?? An absolute passenger... he probably produced the worst performance by a Super Bowl winning QB in NFL history.

Say what you like about Brady in those early Super Bowl years... he still contributed greatly to those Super Bowls...

The Broncos won a Super Bowl in spite of having Peyton Manning at QB... that's something you have NEVER had to say about Brady.

Ohhh... and Tom Brady is 11-6 vs Peyton Manning overall... #getthef**kouttahereson

Last edited:

18to87

First Grade
Lmfao... that's such a geniused argument...

So basically what your saying is that we should discount his first 2 maybe 3 rings because he had a GOAT defence on the other side??

So if we use that geniused logic then we should discount Payton's last 2 seasons with the Broncos where he relied on a GOAT defence....

You wanna say that Tom Brady wasn't truly elite with 2 maybe 3 of those rings?? Yet he was MVP in 2 of those 3 Super Bowls.

Remind me what Peyton was in the last 2 seasons?? An absolute passenger... he probably produced the worst performance by a Super Bowl winning QB in NFL history.

Say what you like about Brady in those early Super Bowl years... he still contributed greatly to those Super Bowls...

The Broncos won a Super Bowl in spite of having Peyton Manning at QB... that's something you have NEVER had to say about Brady.

Ohhh... and Tom Brady is 11-6 vs Peyton Manning overall... #getthef**kouttahereson

Never said they should be discounted. Just saying that BB is that good and is not only good because of Brady. NE had the #1 defence this year despite shipping off a bunch of talent as has been well documented. They also went 3-1 without Brady and 11-5 with Matt Cassell as QB. BB = GOAT coach. I am happy to finally say Brady is probably the GOAT but without BB there is a good chance he is Rich Gannon.

As for the attack on Peyton - he was still good enough, in his wheelchair, to beat Brady in the AFCCG with an OL that went on to put up the worst statistical blocking performance in SB history a game later. Manning was sharp vs NE in the first half (he basically booked Collins ticket to Cleveland that day) and had no protection in the second. Yes, Denver's defence was one of the best ever and they had maybe 2-3% drop off this season but what do you know - they missed the playoffs in an AFC that was weaker than a year before. I wonder why that is? Plenty of reports in Denver said they were lacking in leadership. Over his career, we know Manning has led poorly constructed teams to the playoffs with 4 SB appearances under 4 coaches. Manning has 10 wins in the playoffs with defences ranked 19 or worse. Brady, Montana and a laundry list of other QB's have 0.

So what if Brady is 11-6 vs Manning? I'd rather have a 3-1 record in the AFC version of the Superbowl - you know the highest stakes game these two could possibly ever play with all the pressure on. Sure, if not for the Manning's, Brady probably has 8 or 9 rings by now. But if you put Marino, Rodgers or Manning with BB starting in 2001, then they all have 10 rings.

shiznit

Coach
Never said they should be discounted. Just saying that BB is that good and is not only good because of Brady. NE had the #1 defence this year despite shipping off a bunch of talent as has been well documented. They also went 3-1 without Brady and 11-5 with Matt Cassell as QB. BB = GOAT coach. I am happy to finally say Brady is probably the GOAT but without BB there is a good chance he is Rich Gannon.

If your going to make an argument at least get your facts right...

The Patriots had the best SCORING defence... they were hardly the best defence in the league...

The Texans ranked highest in total defence.

As for the attack on Peyton - he was still good enough, in his wheelchair, to beat Brady in the AFCCG with an OL that went on to put up the worst statistical blocking performance in SB history a game later. Manning was sharp vs NE in the first half (he basically booked Collins ticket to Cleveland that day) and had no protection in the second. Yes, Denver's defence was one of the best ever and they had maybe 2-3% drop off this season but what do you know - they missed the playoffs in an AFC that was weaker than a year before. I wonder why that is? Plenty of reports in Denver said they were lacking in leadership. Over his career, we know Manning has led poorly constructed teams to the playoffs with 4 SB appearances under 4 coaches. Manning has 10 wins in the playoffs with defences ranked 19 or worse. Brady, Montana and a laundry list of other QB's have 0.
Lmfao... Manning didn't beat Brady... Von Miller and his crew on defence did... Brady was MILES better than Manning in that AFC Championship game... even with the pressure that all time great defence put on him he still threw for almost double what Manning threw for in that game...

So what if Brady is 11-6 vs Manning? I'd rather have a 3-1 record in the AFC version of the Superbowl - you know the highest stakes game these two could possibly ever play with all the pressure on. Sure, if not for the Manning's, Brady probably has 8 or 9 rings by now. But if you put Marino, Rodgers or Manning with BB starting in 2001, then they all have 10 rings.

Lmfao... in this here has to be the most geniused argument of them all... I'm pretty sure Brady is happy with being 11-6 OVERALL with Manning...

And you wanna talk about the highest stakes games that anyone can play in... yeah I'm pretty sure Brady's 5 rings with 4 Super Bowl MVP's speak far louder than Mannings 3-1 record in AFC Championship games.... lol

Seriously... it's not even an argument anymore...

18to87

First Grade
Just a scoring defence that allowed 250 points this season. That all time great Broncos defence gave up 296 the year before.

I never said Manning was responsible for winning that AFCCG. I wouldn't be hailing Lord Brady in that game though. Gronk got them back in that game after Brady had 2 INT's and completed 48% of his passes.

If you think Brady is happy with 11-6 overall compared to the AFCCG 1-3 then you are kidding yourself. When Manning was in Indy, the main story was always Manning (the so called OC on the field) vs BB with Manning starting out 0-6 vs NE.

18to87

First Grade
I'm not here saying Manning is the GOAT and Brady isn't. I'm just saying you can't definitively say that Brady is the GOAT. NE went 11-5 with Matt Cassell and probably get to the AFCCG this year with Garrapolo as QB. NE backup QB's leave NE and then go look like trash. With Brady we will never know if he can carry a team on his own. Look what happened when Manning went down for a year... Look at Rodgers without much help. No one is taking Brady over Marino for pure QB skills.

Latest posts