What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom Humbleeee

bartman

Immortal
Not a chance in hell, if you ask me.

KKeating
Mortimer
Robson
M Keating

Humble, like Mitchell will have to prove himself and have some luck on his side (injuries) before getting a run above these guys in the first 17.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Not a chance in hell, if you ask me.

KKeating
Mortimer
Robson
M Keating

Humble, like Mitchell will have to prove himself and have some luck on his side (injuries) before getting a run above these guys in the first 17.

well they both have 3 games to prove themselves, I wouldn't discount them yet..I'd definitely keep an open mind on Humble, he's a freakish talent.

84 Baby

Referee
well they both have 3 games to prove themselves, I wouldn't discount them yet..I'd definitely keep an open mind on Humble, he's a freakish talent.
I finally saw some footage of him and I agree. But i doubt even if he and/or Mitchell have 3 absolute blinders in the trials that they'll be in the round 1 team barring injuries

I haven't seen Humble play except for Videos and he looks very good in the highlights. But anyone can look good in Highlights, I would like to see him over 80 mins to see if he goes missing or not and to see if he is consistant.

IMO, Anderson will start with Robbo and Mortimer at the start of the year but KK to hopefully take over the 7 after a few rounds hopefully. Humble will have to bide his time and prove himself for Wenty and the trials. And then maybe put pressure on Mortimer.

Bigfella

Coach
That's a fair call Jake but Queensland cup form has proven to hold up pretty well in Nrl for a while now. I agree round 1 is unlikely but far from impossible.

Put it this way, a bloke with similar or arguably lessee form in the same comp looks like being guaranteed the starting halfback spot in a club that won the comp in 08.

Parra Steve

Juniors
DA seems pretty high on him, i dont think he's be in there straight away but i think he'll get a few games during origin.

84 Baby

Referee
That's a fair call Jake but Queensland cup form has proven to hold up pretty well in Nrl for a while now. I agree round 1 is unlikely but far from impossible.

Put it this way, a bloke with similar or arguably lessee form in the same comp looks like being guaranteed the starting halfback spot in a club that won the comp in 08.
My only question is why it appeared as though only us and the Cowboys were after him?
I've only seen 2 half games of him and IMO Robson, Keating AND Mortimer could be under pressure. I can in all seriousness see Morts at 7 with Humble at 6.

fanool

Juniors
Oh stop it!!!!!!

Humble!?!?!?
KK?!?!?!?!
Mortz?!?!?!?
Robbo!?!?!

And all the carry on about Finch and Kelly!!!

I can't wait.

Bye the way, I have no idea. But at least I know that throughout the entire squad DA won't be putting up with CRAP from anybody!!!!!

No sook ups or p!ss ups off the field and only following the game plans on the field is what all of this is telling me. Because if you don't your out and there is someone just as good ready and willing.

And we actually have players who are playing in position!

I can't wait.

Only problem is that I only felt this good about the team and 2006 and 2008. Some of our worst years. But there are some solid reasons why I don't think it will fall apart this season.

I can't wait.

PESC

Juniors
I have Tom as my smokie for the season. Spoke to him at our xmas dinner last year and he is a really nice bloke who then volunteered his services to our club for the year.
Not many players put their hand up and say to call them whenever you like.

I really hope he gets a run sometime.

ROGUE

Juniors
saw him play qld cup on foxtel and he showed immense promise with exceptional speed.He should give kk, robbo, morts run for there money

PESC

Juniors
Yep, it is. He gave up the chance for a run on spot with the cowboys to come to us.
I asked what were his reasons and he said because the club treated him well and it was a no brainer.

yy_cheng

Coach
isn't his preferred position fullback?

I recall reading that but was played at 5/8th as that's where the team had a hole.

I can't really see him playing FB as Burt and Reddy would be backups there and I feel that INU, Jono and ETU would be next in line for a centre/wing spot.

14 and in the halves are his biggest chance imho.

Our halves are all rookies and anything can happen.

Hodgkinson, Maloney, Green were kicking themselves when our halves all dropped out last year.

Latest posts