What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tommy & The Cattledogs - Harden Up (Willie Mason Diss Song)

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,20797,25294441-5003409,00.html

Tommy Raudonikis takes aim at Willie Mason
By Nick Walshaw
April 06, 2009 12:00am

TOMMY Raudonikis has whacked, kicked, even bitten rivals, but none of this compares with his latest attack on Willie Mason.
Sport Confidential can reveal Raudonikis is set to release a single entitled Harden Up - and he's dedicating the ditty to 115kg enforcer Mason, who turned out for Newtown on Saturday only to see the Jets lose 28-12. "Oh, it's aimed straight at Willie, definitely," Raudonikis said.
"I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact the bloke has now worn the same Newtown jersey as me.
"Because that Jets jersey, it's for legends. Blokes like Chook Raper and Chicka Moore. I just hope that when he went into those Henson Park dressing sheds after training, he didn't sit in my old spot."
For the record, Mason earned plenty of fans at Morrie Breen Oval after staying on ground signing autographs for almost 35 minutes. Central Coast officials, who hired 12 security guards, reckon "a couple of hundred" extra fans turned up while Roosters CEO Steve Noyce gave up Golden Slipper tickets to watch his Origin superstar go around.
Not that any of this impresses Tommy Terrific, of course. Tom will film a video to go with his single on Wednesday.

Anyone see NRL on Fox last night? Tommy was in fine form dissing the sh*t outta "big-noters" like Mason & Andrew Symonds (called him a golliwog). They debuted a clip of "Harden Up" and I must say I love the sound of this track. He sings about how he misses the ol' days, and how he still has some poor bastards molar stuck in his fist!! He went on to recommend Alan Tongue for Origin (I must say I agree), and Campese & Wallace in the halves, which I think we can all agree are the best options for NSW. If Tommy was NSW coach again, Origin would be a lot more interesting. He mentioned how he only got the job in 97 cos the war was on and they needed someone with passion. Well I think it's time to bring that passion back. NSW are getting stale (and with them the concept of Origin). I agree with Tommy when he says everyone just needs to harden the f*ck up.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,20797,25294441-5003409,00.html

Tommy Raudonikis takes aim at Willie Mason
By Nick Walshaw
April 06, 2009 12:00am

TOMMY Raudonikis has whacked, kicked, even bitten rivals, but none of this compares with his latest attack on Willie Mason.
Sport Confidential can reveal Raudonikis is set to release a single entitled Harden Up - and he's dedicating the ditty to 115kg enforcer Mason, who turned out for Newtown on Saturday only to see the Jets lose 28-12. "Oh, it's aimed straight at Willie, definitely," Raudonikis said.
"I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact the bloke has now worn the same Newtown jersey as me.
"Because that Jets jersey, it's for legends. Blokes like Chook Raper and Chicka Moore. I just hope that when he went into those Henson Park dressing sheds after training, he didn't sit in my old spot."
For the record, Mason earned plenty of fans at Morrie Breen Oval after staying on ground signing autographs for almost 35 minutes. Central Coast officials, who hired 12 security guards, reckon "a couple of hundred" extra fans turned up while Roosters CEO Steve Noyce gave up Golden Slipper tickets to watch his Origin superstar go around.
Not that any of this impresses Tommy Terrific, of course. Tom will film a video to go with his single on Wednesday.

Anyone see NRL on Fox last night? Tommy was in fine form dissing the sh*t outta "big-noters" like Mason & Andrew Symonds (called him a golliwog). They debuted a clip of "Harden Up" and I must say I love the sound of this track. He sings about how he misses the ol' days, and how he still has some poor bastards molar stuck in his fist!! He went on to recommend Alan Tongue for Origin (I must say I agree), and Campese & Wallace in the halves, which I think we can all agree are the best options for NSW. If Tommy was NSW coach again, Origin would be a lot more interesting. He mentioned how he only got the job in 97 cos the war was on and they needed someone with passion. Well I think it's time to bring that passion back. NSW are getting stale (and with them the concept of Origin). I agree with Tommy when he says everyone just needs to harden the f*ck up.[/quote]

Tommy was on the show big noting tommy saying what a hard man he is and trying to sell tshirts and a piss poor single. How many other ex players can't resist having a shot at others to make themselves seem relevant ? Chook Raper springs to mind.

If Tommy was player and an ex player ran a media campain against him what would his reaction be ? Do we really want players who seem to take pride in biting others in the comp FFS ? They trot this dickhead out every year around this time for some rent a quote about the origin and how it was tougher in his day etc etc. Enough tommy, enough.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
funny watching Tommy last night

"he doesn't aim up"

I reckon Tommy could still take Mason down

Brutus

Referee
Campese is my favourite player ATM.

Reminds me of King Wally the way he plays.

NSW deserves to lose the origin series 3-0 if they don't pick him at pivot.

macavity

Referee
Campo is surely a walk-up start.

and to think he was being shopped for around 150k last year.... :(

Tommy is getting more and more embarrassing every year. He is like that old uncle that gets pizzed at family events, dances around with a lampshade on his head and then abuses everyone before passing out.

Brutus

Referee
Tommy is getting more and more embarrassing every year. He is like that old uncle that gets pizzed at family events, dances around with a lampshade on his head and then abuses everyone before passing out.

:lol:

funny watching Tommy last night

"he doesn't aim up"

I reckon Tommy could still take Mason down

I like how he mentioned Viv Richards as a guy who would back up his swagger with his actions, and Symonds couldn't.

"If you're gonna have your hair like that - fine...but you have to aim up."

LMFAO.

macavity

Referee
just to be clear:

just like that old uncle - you still gotta love him, but he makes you cringe....

For once instead of completely embarrassing himself he made some relevant points, probably because he hadn't had about 20 schooners before being interviewed.

Sir Biffo

Bench
He's just a dial-a-quote these days. He lost relevance a long time ago, he's rugby league's equivalent of Neil Harvey, good for nothing except bagging current players.

He's right about Campese/Wallace halves combo though. Watch Bronco's games and notice how often Wallace is in the right spot to clear up a kick, or make a try-saving tackle. He's got a great footballing brain.

Joker's Wild

Coach
He's right about Campese/Wallace halves combo though. Watch Bronco's games and notice how often Wallace is in the right spot to clear up a kick, or make a try-saving tackle. He's got a great footballing brain.

While I am still not totally convinced on Campo, Ive gotta say that Wallace has impressed the hell out of me. He is doing everything right and is running the Broncos extremely well (Lockyer has been not much more than a passenger for them this year). His defence is outstanding for a halfback too.

Last edited:
Haha, Tommy is the biggest dribbler in league. Even though I don't think much of Mason he still managed to dribble about the cattledog and the 70's and there is no more biting in the game.

He's obviously punted his money away if he needs to resort to making sh*tty songs in 2009.

I like how he is cut at being blacklisted for NSW.

lol Tommy.

They wheel him out this time every year. He talks about a heap of stuff that doesn't relate to the game anymore and then babbles on about cattle dogs for 10 minutes. This year he has added a crap song to his repertoire. IF the game was the same as it was 30 years ago then Tommy would still be the man, but comparing modern League to the game he played is like comparing League with Union. Time to put old Tommy in Mothballs I think.

Btw, I'm interested to know, who the f**k would buy one of those shirts or a copy of his cd? The shirts look like something a 10 year old has designed and that stupid song he sings sounds like someone is sifting gravel through a meat grinder in the middle of a Big day out.

Latest posts