What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tommy & The Cattledogs - Harden Up (Willie Mason Diss Song)

NewDalek1.jpg

The Dalek.

"Ribbed for her pleasure".

Striking fear into the heart of every old man who lives in a Phone Booth.

Tommy has the mental capacity of alcoholic who suffers from being punch drunk as well as incapacitated by alcohol.

But like all alcoholics, he has odd moments of clarity. His comments regarding Campese and Wallace were bang on the money.

As for passion - I seem to remember an Englishman at the Roosters who was full of passion. Rammed to the brim with it. A man that oppositions feared and opposing fans hated lining up against.

Yet Morley spent so much time suspended because his passion got the better of him too often and he ended up collecting people round the head.

Someone mentioned Kidwell as having loads of passion. I agree and I was deeply saddened when he left the Roosters - but have you ever noticed how many penalties he gives away in a game.

Passion can be just as big a liability in the modern game as it can be a benefit. You need controlled agression. Not outright lunacy. If Tommy was playing today he wouldn't last half a season before being banned for life.

He can talk about smashing people in the head and dream about how tough he was. But it's all a load of bollocks in the modern game. It means nothing. The media demands too much sanitation and screams thuggery when players are violent. Then they cart out this guy to crap on about smashing people in the face. I dont f**king get it?

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I love the modern game, but Tommy played in an era when players weren't treated like Rock stars. If you weren't f**king hard, you got sorted out real quick.

Willie wouldn't have lasted 15 minutes in a game in the 1970's. Someone would have taken it upon themselves to belt him in the first minute. His mouth would have given him plenty of people lining up to do it.

I recall he called Gareth Ellis a pommy twinkie, then got sat on his arse every time they met during the game.

Imagine what Cliff Watson would have done to him?

LOL

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
I wished he was the sole NSW selector. He may not be the greatest at getting his point across but he has a legendary footy brain under all the dribbling mess.

He would pick the 17 players who would put in the most they could for NSW which is more important than natural talent in origin. I would love to talk to him over a beer about the footy.

TheDalek079

Bench
...South Sydney fans are gay...

Correct:lol::lol:

If South Sydney fans are gay then wtf do you call Doctor Who fans? A bloke in his late 50's who hides out in a Phone Booth. Lol.

Btw, his arch enemy, the "Dalek" looks like the robot equivalent of a dildo. So not only does Doctor Who hide out in a Phone Booth but he chases large dildos all round the galaxy. Classy stuff.

1) You're suggesting Doctor Who fans are worse than those of Souffs, yet you know all about Doctor Who. Are you a fan too (if so, what does that make you)?
2) In what story does the Doctor chase the daleks around the galaxy?
3) You're knowledge of dildos is amazing. You're entire house must be full of them

Dragon

Coach
Tommy has every right to tell Mason to aim up, its the truth anyway so i dont see the fuss.

I thought he spoke very well last night. The fox sports panel was putting words in his mouth to get a headline, but he handled it nicely. Refreshing to see a non scripted, non media groomed, straight shooter tell it like it is. If that sort of thing makes you cringe then harden up :p

I wont be rushing out to buy his single, but good luck to him

Highlander

Juniors
His comment about Alan Tongue is spot on!!!! Id have him in the trenches for origin anyday of the week.

Dont forget people Tommy did take Wests to the semis in 1996!!!! With a pretty dud side!!!! Problem was he stayed at Wests to long.

Didgi

Kangaroos selection is 100% skill, Origin selection is 100% skill and 100% passion, hence playyers needing to put in 200% playing Origin.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
lol at the thought of Tommy singing.

The old pack of winnies reds voice singing.

lol

Needs Chopper Read as the backup singer chiming in with a "Harden the f**k up" every now and then.

Correct:lol::lol:

1) You're suggesting Doctor Who fans are worse than those of Souffs, yet you know all about Doctor Who. Are you a fan too (if so, what does that make you)?
2) In what story does the Doctor chase the daleks around the galaxy?
3) You're knowledge of dildos is amazing. You're entire house must be full of them

Well, if all you can manage is a misquote and then three points, two in which you contradict yourself and a third where you basically make no point at all, its clear that I'm dealing with a mental giant.

Willie Mason? Is that you Willie? Go back to "paint" and make yourself another brilliant avatar Einstein.

TheDalek079

Bench
Well, if all you can manage is a misquote and then three points, two in which you contradict yourself and a third where you basically make no point at all, its clear that I'm dealing with a mental giant.

Willie Mason? Is that you Willie? Go back to "paint" and make yourself another brilliant avatar Einstein.

No. Point 1 dealt with you assertion that DW fans are worse than souffs fans, yet you tried to show off "knowledge" of the show, suggesting you were a fan of DW too.
Point 2 was asking in which story the doctor chased the daleks around the galaxy as you stated.
Point 3 deals with the fact that you see dildos everywhere. Ordinary people see daleks as looking like a trash can or a pepper shaker, yet you see it as a dildo. Why? presumably because you love dildos so much...

Raudonikis

Juniors
Tommy has every right to tell Mason to aim up, its the truth anyway so i dont see the fuss.

I thought he spoke very well last night. The fox sports panel was putting words in his mouth to get a headline, but he handled it nicely. Refreshing to see a non scripted, non media groomed, straight shooter tell it like it is. If that sort of thing makes you cringe then harden up :p

I wont be rushing out to buy his single, but good luck to him

Agreed, and Tommy is a top bloke to have a beer with. i remember when he was coaching Wests and he came to shellharbour for a golf day and the time out he took out talking to my daughters and signing all thier magpies gear.. a legend.A character!
I also like it when they bring other players from that era in to talk about the game..A lot of players need to harden up instead of being prima donnas

innsaneink

Referee
He's just a dial-a-quote these days. He lost relevance a long time ago, he's rugby league's equivalent of Neil Harvey, good for nothing except bagging current players.

He's right about Campese/Wallace halves combo though. Watch Bronco's games and notice how often Wallace is in the right spot to clear up a kick, or make a try-saving tackle. He's got a great footballing brain.

You dunno if youre arfur or marfur, do you.

Latest posts