What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonga

Frailty

First Grade
Haven't seen any posts about it on this forum, but reports on Zero Tackle (don't know how reputable that site is) are that the Sharks have put in a $400,000 a year offer to Tonga...

Apparently, Parra are unwilling to raise their offer to match.

newman

First Grade
Tonga can play. True professional. Hes no Inglis, Hodges or Cooper but is light years ahead of Pom and Best.

I dont believe that $400k figure for 1

haynenation

Juniors
what about collis not given a go in my opinion could be a great player, better than majority of centres in the game

SadShark

Bench
Collis is one of many in the conga line of has beens or supposed to be's that turn up at this joint & put in all the effort of a long term dole recipient supposedly looking for employment.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
The only way we would sign him is if we pay him what has been rumoured.

I would be very surprised if he passes up playing alongside his "brothers" Esi and Reni.

greatwhite

Juniors
Unfortunately as Sharks fans, we have become used to paying overs for players. This potential Tonga signing has a smell very similar to Vagana (pun intended) when he came to the club. He hung around for a few years, did very little, scored a few tries and laughed all the way to the bank. I think Tonga could be very likely to do the same. He's not a leader - that's what we're missing in the backline. Best should be, but lacks the balls. I'd spend our cash elsewhere.

I'll say it again, but for mine if we're to pay overs for a player, go after a legend of the game in Keith Senior and suck every single cent worth of experience, knowledge and success out of him. He'll be more likely to lead the fairies - toughen 'em up - and mentor and develop some young talent like Leutele, too.

Vin Fizz

Bench
We must be getting pretty close to the cap with all our recent signings. $400k probably not good value for Tonga assuming we even have that in the coffers. That said he is a recent (maybe consider him current) SOO player.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Collis is one of many in the conga line of has beens or supposed to be's that turn up at this joint & put in all the effort of a long term dole recipient supposedly looking for employment.
In Collis' defence, he has been plagued by injuries.

When fully fit, he is a great centre.