What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonights games was just AMAZING

Saint Ronald

Juniors
The Soward & Boyd tries were my highlight, the more these 2 attempt to break the line and use their footwork, the closer we are to winning the game.. it gives us heaps more options.

Though Sowards shoulder-height attempted tackle on Touqiri was terrible.. he had plenty of room to attempt around the legs, reminded me of the Inglis special!

Sorry TheRev I posted before read other posts. Agreed, I also think Jamie will NOT be picked for Origin this year or any other year until he improves his defence. I wonder at times what goes through his head! Wonderful goal kicking performance. His conversion of the Boyd try from the side line was a classic. He practiced one from there pre-match.

bmwpower

Juniors
First of all congratulations on the win, thouroughly deserved.

However I saw it differently I thought the Dragons played at their best wheras the Tigers were poor at times with some simple errors both in attack and defence.

Also any team missing their starting halfback will struggle.

If I'm a Dragons fan I would be wondering if that sort of football...methodical, can win the big games.

However if a team like the Tigers or Penrith can erradicate the errors maybe they have game to win in semi final football.

Just some thoughts

lol @ if you think the dragons are playing at their best

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well considering the only side to really sh*t you guys out isn't in the competition any more, the only that'll stop you guys is yourselves.
Well that be the team that cheated for the last four years and are hell bent on stuffing up the game in the courts.

IMO, in current form, we'd beat the Storm, with or without their 6 or 7 extra players that should be playing in other clubs.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
macnaz said:
Saints defence is spot on , especialy in their own 20,we need to take a leaf out of your book.
You'd have watch more of Saints before you'd understand. We have been seeing great line defence all year. Even when WT were hammering the line in the second half, for about five sets, I personally was confident that we'd hold them out.

Come on " With out being pushed" lol. Any saints supporter who wasnt the least bit worried during the 2nd half is a liar.
You talk for all Saints supporters?

The only recent game I was worried about was the one in Auckland. It was before the bye, the team was looking tired, it was an away game the Warriors are hard to beat at home. As it turned out, we won by two points, thanks to Soward's goal kicking. The bye couldn't come soon enough.

I had no such concerns against the WT. Even though I knew they are a good side, I was quite confident from early on.