What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tony Puletua has expired...

Bozo

Juniors
Past his use by date. OK, but not by Penrith standards. Too many fundemental mistakes. He's a potato. Bugger off Tony.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Bozo said:
Past his use by date. OK, but not by Penrith standards. Too many fundemental mistakes. He's a potato. Bugger off Tony.

Whilst I don't exactly disagree that he's underperforming, you sure have picked an appropriate user name.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
He was arguably our best player on the weekend, and had a blinder against Manly. I think abit of consistency is all BIG T needs.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hurriflatch said:
Tony is concistant

he plays 1 good game every 4 weeks
It's true.

His is still capable. He has shown that a couple of times. His heart doesn't seem to be. Here's hoping Petero gives Big T, Pritchard, Moors and Grant some extra spirit. All are playing below their capability, and look to have trouble getting motivated.

Big T should be motivating our guys, but he doesn't get motivated himself. Poor choice for a co-captain IMO.

Azkatro

First Grade
He was alright alongside his mate Galuvao in 2003... interesting how once they split up they both pretty well disappeared.

kooriguy

Juniors
galavao lived off puletuas runs, and puletua ran off the back of a lang hit up. can be a damaging forward and is probably in the top biggest forwards in nrl, but is too much of a nice guy and has no mongrel.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Azkatro said:
He was alright alongside his mate Galuvao in 2003... interesting how once they split up they both pretty well disappeared.

Pretty big difference between the two imo. Galuvao was a nobody before and after 2003, while Puletua has been a good player since 1998- not always great, a bit up and down, a bit lazy, but still an upper echelon sort of player.

It'll be an insult to Puletua if he gets remembered alongside Joe Galuvao.

Azkatro

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
Pretty big difference between the two imo. Galuvao was a nobody before and after 2003, while Puletua has been a good player since 1998- not always great, a bit up and down, a bit lazy, but still an upper echelon sort of player.

It'll be an insult to Puletua if he gets remembered alongside Joe Galuvao.
What can you say though? Like you said he was always decent, but that was the peak of his career and he was great. I get the feeling he's the sort of person that was comfortable with his teammates at the time and it benefitted his footy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's not a shadow of the player he was in 2003/4. He played great against Manly but those sort of games are few and far between.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Heard that Penrith have possibly told him not required next season

Also mentioned was the fact that Matt Adamson is back in training and may strap the boots on again this season

Panther_Daz said:
He was arguably our best player on the weekend, and had a blinder against Manly. I think abit of consistency is all BIG T needs.

Consistency ????...one good game a season is fairly consistent...:lol:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Azkatro said:
What can you say though? Like you said he was always decent, but that was the peak of his career and he was great. I get the feeling he's the sort of person that was comfortable with his teammates at the time and it benefitted his footy.

What I can say is that Puletua has been a good first-grader, and an international regular, for about 8 or 9 years.

Galuvao had one good year, other than that struggled to make first grade.

Big difference.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
What I can say is that Puletua has been a good first-grader, and an international regular, for about 8 or 9 years.

Galuvao had one good year, other than that struggled to make first grade.

Big difference.

Actually he was a regular first grader in not just '03 but '04 and '05. He had some very good games in '04 as well but fell away after that. Lang did not change the team very much even when players were out of form.

Latest posts