What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too Late Now, We're Suing The Storm

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
THEY GET HALF BACK FROM NEWS LTD!

Sue the f**kers... oh, 14 other clubs will be footing the bill.

My point exactly. This will do nothing positive for the game.

Tommax25

Bench
I dont see why storm fans are making light of this and saying counter-sue, they are whining ect. Bellamy and waldron said that these guys are cheats and that they were giving out information about the trial to outside parties. They obviously didnt do that, its defamation. This isnt the nrl suing bellamy or waldron of the storm, its these indiviual people. There is no reason for them to wait until after the grand final for them to sue if they want to do it now, why should they adhere to what the storm wants in this matter? If somebody assualted me but told me he had a big job interview coming up he needed to prepare for I wouldnt wait until its convenient for him to sue him, FMD.

Noa

First Grade
THEY GET HALF BACK FROM NEWS LTD!

Sue the f**kers... oh, 14 other clubs will be footing the bill.

Its 50k for ffs.

Let me know if the grants given to the clubs are down 5k each next year, then have a whinge.

Evolution

Juniors
What it does is mean these judiciary members will be unable to conduct matters concerning Melbourne Storm matters due to a perception of bias. Taking legal action against a club is enough for that to be percieved as bias.

This makes sense.

If they are going to sue the Storm they should never be able to sit on a Storm case again.

How can any ruling they hand out look like it was all above board with such animosity between the two parties.

Last edited:

Stained_Class

Juniors
This makes sense.

If they are going to sue the Storm theses people should never be able to sit on a Storm case again.

How can any ruling they hand out look like it was all above board with such animosity between the two parties.

Too bad. It's a situation your CEO and coach created.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
It's poor public display and needs to be sorted. Perhaps not quite like this but something has to be. I don't care if they were right or wrong, that's a different matter. Melbourne's display in public have been disrupting, embarrassing and down-right chidish.

It's one thing tohave fredom of speech and it's another make out that you are bigger than the game and the NRL, which is wrong

_Johnsy

Referee
waldron has been carrying on like a petulant, spoilt child for some time now.

He is looking like the wanker he is.

The end

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
But he is an ex Manly player so it begs the question did he announce that they are planning to sue the storm during Grand final week as a ploy to distract Bellamy and the club?
Oh no maybe I’ll be sued for defamation of character now for stating that.

My god that is garbage. And you wonder why the Storm are being portrayed as playing the victim?

* It's not a grapple if you tackle the man by his chin

* The whistle hadn't been blown so it's perfectly justifiable to shoulder charge a player who has grounded the ball in-goal and is kneeling motionless

* It's only because he's a Storm player

* They're only threatening to sue in order to upset the Storm's preparation for the Grand Final, not because they were verbally defamed by the coach and CEO of the club at a press conference

The list just keeps growing.

Cloud9

My god that is garbage. And you wonder why the Storm are being portrayed as playing the victim?

* It's not a grapple if you tackle the man by his chin

* The whistle hadn't been blown so it's perfectly justifiable to shoulder charge a player who has grounded the ball in-goal and is kneeling motionless

* It's only because he's a Storm player

* They're only threatening to sue in order to upset the Storm's preparation for the Grand Final, not because they were verbally defamed by the coach and CEO of the club at a press conference

The list just keeps growing.

Mate, you've got one c**k in the eye Mr Grimy.
How would you feel if the cops pulled you over when they've let go 10 cars before you go over the speed limit?
Thats the analogy i would like to use with the Cameron Smith situation.
Wouldn't you like an explanation from the police too?

It reeks of double standards.

cyberdj

Juniors
I think they have every right to question the judiciary's impartiality.
Victorians have endured a delayed broadcast of Underbelly due to legal action occuring and the need for impartial jurors. Does Darrell Williams hid under the bed during the weekend until the judiciary meets? Does he read the newspapers, watch tv and listen to the radio when the main stories have been about (in this instance) the tackle of C Smith's?
As for the other claim... about tipping off bookmakers, they're Farked on that one.

Of course, suing the club is suing News Ltd, so I hope Darrell Williams has a new job lined up, as I can't see News Ltd being none to happy with him.

j0nesy

Bench
Brian Waldrom, Craig Bellamy and Cameron Smith have raised some very valid points. It's the way they have gone about it that annoys me.

Charlie124

First Grade
Good thing they won the minor premiership then, they've just about spent it all on fines already

Evolution

Juniors
Brian Waldrom, Craig Bellamy and Cameron Smith have raised some very valid points. It's the way they have gone about it that annoys me.

You need to go the shock tactics or nobody cares about what you are saying.

It also helps the club by going down the us v them path.

Nothing better than stirring up some good NSW hatred.

Good thing they won the minor premiership then, they've just about spent it all on fines already

Doesn't matter anyway as a lot of people like to point out that the NRL keeps the Storm afloat. It should just end up being a money juggling exercise.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
As much as I doubt Darrell Williams' affiliation with the Manly club had anything to do with his decision to announce his intention to proceed with legal action, he would have been wise to wait until after the Grand Final to get into it.

Helen

Juniors
Bigger issue is: Williams and Ayliffe has very ordinary records as players. What are they doing as judiciary members in the first place?

David Middleton never played league. But he knows the game. It doesn't always follow that you have to be a player to know about the game.

I would bet a high % of people who post on this forum never touched a league ball.

Helen

What another total load of tripe from Storm supporters, yet again.

Comparing how you might feel if 10 peopel speed by you are the only one caught. FMD do you live in the real world. Simple fact is it happens and the answer is who cares how you may feel. You still did the wrong thing so Shut the f**k up and cop it sweet.

IMO a personal attack on the intefrity of the judiciary members by bellyache and waldo the walruss deserves exactly what is being proposed.

Smith deserved his suspension, have others done it but not been caught or suspended? Yes definately, so what? That does not lessen Smiths guilt. Does it suggest the NRL needs to do some serious rethinking of the Match Review Committee Operation? Absolutely, Can the NRL stop bookies putting a market available to punters? No. But the fact these things happen does not in any way shape or form suugest the individuals who reviewed Smiths case did anything other then review the matter referred to them by the MRC and made a decsion based upon the rules of the game as they were required to do so.

To be attacked by Bellyache and wally is unacceptable and if left unchallenged, Judiciary panelist could be subjected to the same inappropriare attacks on their integrity.

Go right ahead Williams, I applaude your courage to stand up to common thugs.

Latest posts