What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toot Toot

Evenflow

Bench
Cheers fellas, very happy with the win or more so the way he won. They were clearly a bit nippy for him and beat him for speed out of the gates but he settled well and wasn't real worried about that until he ran up their arses 2-3 times coming down the straight. I didn't think he'd get a clear run but when he did he hit the line very well and while we were quietly confident he'd run a big race and would do his best work late, in all honesty i was concerned there was no step up in distance and also running around the Valley which is so tight. That's why you keep your gob shut and leave that shit to the trainer lol

Given the way the horse has come on and the way it won yesterday Blue Diamond is still the goal. As mentioned in an earlier post while he's qualified to run in the Magic Millions that's highly unlikely, his mum won the preview and ran third in the BD behind Alinghi so hopefully the horse will go a couple better if he makes it there and will know more after a week or so as to how he pulled up.

Apparently he never left an oat this morning which is always a good thing but will just have to wait and see. If all goes well and he stays sound the Slipper might also be on the cards but there's plenty of water to go under the bridge til then. As has been mentioned he should be much better a 3yo so that's something to be mindful of as well. I know he was pretty short but hopefully you blokes had something on the horse and made a bit back all the same.

Evenflow

Bench
Certainly will mate, will let you know how how he's been working and things like that in the lead up to each race. I'm somewhat surprised he's into $8 for the BD even after yesterdays win but bookies being bookies i spose it's not actually that surprising covering their own arse as they do just in case.

I got on early before the first start at a good price knowing that the BD was the target but was hoping he'd get there more than anything else, that said there's going to be several very smart 2yo's from now until then to stake their claim on the race so i'm not sure i'd be taking the $8 on offer right now especially given he might not even get there.

andrew057

First Grade
Trainer Mark Kavanagh impressed with colt Chivalry's big win at Moonee Valley

• Rod Nicholson
  • Herald Sun
  • December 28, 2013 8:00PM

161834-1e113bc2-6f7e-11e3-af23-8bbd4004b6c0.jpg

Jockey Stephen Baster steers talented colt Chivalry to victory at Moonee Valley. Picture: Getty Source: Getty Images

TRAINER Mark Kavanagh must decide to go for immediate millions or wait for the classic year of talented colt Chivalry, impressive winner of the Quest Moonee Valley Plate yesterday.

The two-year-old son of Street Cry was shunted back at the start of the 1000m dash before jockey Stephen Baster gained an inside run and a gap to storm to the post.

"That was a really big win," Kavanagh said. "He missed the start, got checked and still won over probably an unsuitable distance of 1000m."

Kavanagh described the colt as "a really nice horse, very imposing" and said he was still in the running for Victoria's richest juvenile event, the Group 1 $1 million Blue Diamond Stakes at Caulfield on February 22.

"We have had in mind for some time that he will be a better three-year-old. We need to work out whether we go forward now or wait until he is three. He will let us know when he pulls up," Kavanagh said.

"I will give him a week in the paddock, run in the (Blue Diamond) Prelude and then the Blue Diamond at his fourth (career) start," he suggested as one of the options. Another is to have a spell for a couple of months and be prepared for his classic season.

Kavanagh also confirmed that Chivalry was entered for the Group 1 Golden Slipper in Sydney during the autumn.

"With a two-year-old who can do that at this time of year you must consider the Diamond and Slipper," he said.

Baster described the win as "a track gallop" and said had he not suffered the several bits of interference the colt would have "won easily".

"I was zigging and zagging on him to get the run. Obviously he is not a 1000m horse and I can't wait until he gets out to 1200m," Baster said.

Chivalry ($3.20) had one-and-three-quarter lengths to spare from the Team Hawkes-trained Bugatty ($9), with a long-head back to I A Snippety ($14).

The $2.50 race favourite, South Australian debutant Éclair Choice, trained by Phillip Stokes, ran fourth throughout and finished there.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/s...at-moonee-valley/story-fnibcaa0-1226791161861

Evenflow

Bench
I actually never saw that because i was a bit hungover the day after and didn't read the papers :crazy: Though i honestly never expected a write up anyway. Not to talk it down and even though the horse ran well but it was still only a run of the mill 2yo race in the summer. Though the BD is coming up in February so maybe that might've had a bit to do with it.

The horse pulled up well so they'll keep ticking him over at this stage and he'll have his next run in the preview and head straight to the BD. That could change at depending on how he works and if the trainer thinks he needs another run before that but that looks like the most likely scenario.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Beaten today.

I missed it..

Didn't even know it was running:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Me either..

Rubick looks pretty decent...

Yep, it looks real good..

It & Nostradamus look the gun 2 ATM..

Yeah the 2nd place horse Twirl looks alright too(probably be a better 3 year old)

Yep agree..

She looks like she'll appreciate further too..

Gee she is well bred..by Lohnro out of a full sister to Fastnet Rock..

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I looked at the field that Cauthen faced and it was weak,unless he missed the start by 20 lengths,carried 70kg top weight or was unlucky in any other way this train might have derailed

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I missed it..

Me either..

Yep, it looks real good..

It & Nostradamus look the gun 2 ATM..

Yep agree..

She looks like she'll appreciate further too..

Gee she is well bred..by Lohnro out of a full sister to Fastnet Rock..

Yep i can see her carving up fillies group races as a 3 year old(Princess Series or something like that)

Latest posts