What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toot Toot

Evenflow

Bench
Rubick looks very smart indeed but no surprises there as he lived up to his trial form. Ryan says he's the best horse he's trained since Snitzel so that's a fair wrap. As does Earthquake, Nostradamus and also Mohave which i thought won well first up yesterday.

No surprises all the good 2yo's are coming out now and showing their stuff, Chivalry is ticking along nicely from all reports and doing everything right. Though he'd wanna be given it looks like he'll be coming up against Rubick and most likely Nostradamus and Mohave in the Prelude on Feb 8 :oops: It's daunting but at least we'll see if he's up to it.

Unfortunately for us it looks like a very strong year for the babies and while it's been said all along whatever our bloke does as a 2yo is a bonus as he'll become much more seasoned 3yo, we aren't quite conceding this race just yet. At the very least if he makes it there on the day he's still a chance just like every other horse.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
The Quarterback was an enormous run..

One to keep an eye on..

The Shamal Wind race was a bit strange, the way they all got down to the gates about 10 minutes before the start..

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Prince Harada must be one of those horses that runs like a champion at home but then gets to race day and can't be bothered.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Chivalry is 15/1 for the Blue Diamond,if it were to win this weekend it would more than half its price for the Diamond

Evenflow

Bench
Our bloke has drawn 16 for the Prelude which goes without saying is hardly ideal especially at Caulfield, if he can't get across and get some cover he'll be caught wide the whole race. Nostradamus has drawn 18 which doesn't hurt but Rubick drew 3 so i think there's your winner there. Shame we drew that wide as he's absolutely flying, had an unofficial jump out at Flemington the other day and ran a huge time. Judging by that he should still run a good race on Saturday and be cherry ripe for the BD where he'll hopefully draw a better gate.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Our bloke has drawn 16 for the Prelude which goes without saying is hardly ideal especially at Caulfield, if he can't get across and get some cover he'll be caught wide the whole race. Nostradamus has drawn 18 which doesn't hurt but Rubick drew 3 so i think there's your winner there. Shame we drew that wide as he's absolutely flying, had an unofficial jump out at Flemington the other day and ran a huge time. Judging by that he should still run a good race on Saturday and be cherry ripe for the BD where he'll hopefully draw a better gate.

Good luck mate..

Evenflow

Bench
Cheers fellas appreciate it. Certainly is a crack field and looks to be the strongest BD for a while should all the main chances get through tomorrow. Spewing on the gate because as mentioned his work has been top notch but that's racing and the grand final and the big prize isn't for a couple of weeks. I honesty don't think he'll win tomorrow from that gate (though i still had a decent crack each way) but even if he runs mid field i still think he's capable of giving the Diamond a fair shake if he progresses along like he has. Whether that happens or not is a whole other story of course.

The jockey has basically been told that if he can't drop him in a decent spot early from the wide gate where he thinks he's some chance to win or even place without doing a heap of work then just give him a solid run and a good blow out to get him ready for the BD.

The last thing we need or any of the others is to have a gut buster in 40 degree heat especially given they're still only babies learning the game. The prize money tomorrow is certainly nothing to sneeze at but nothing compared to the BD, not to mention what it would do for the sales/stud value for the colts.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good luck EF must be exciting to have a good chance in a big race, him being by Street Cry you must be excited about his 3 yr old when they normally come into their own.

Evenflow

Bench
Cheers mate, yep very excited. Had a share in a fair few nags and it's hard enough getting one decent enough to run in the city let alone big races like this. There's every chance it won't happen again so you have to enjoy it while you can cos it literally could all end tomorrow.

Spot on about being a Street Cry though, they usually get better as the get a bit more seasoned/matured and the trainer said all along if all goes well he'll be a much better 3yo. That said his mum went ok in the BD 10 years ago so hopefully he can go a couple better.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Coolmore just bought into Rubick..

I'm on my phone so i'm not sure how to post the link, but here is the story..

Coolmore buys a slice of Rubick

Brad Waters - 8/02/2014

Coolmore Stud has paid an undisclosed amount for a stake in the promising colt Rubick.

Rubick has had one start for an emphatic win in a small field at Randwick on January 25 but Coolmore announced the deal less than two hours before the youngster steps out in the Group III Blue Diamond Prelude (1100m) at Caulfield.

Coolmore Australia’s Tom Magnier said the Jerrys Plains operation targeted Rubick to replace the ageing stallion Encosta De Lago.

"We’ve been looking for a son of Encosta de Lago, who is coming to the end of a great stud career, and we think we’ve found him in Rubick,” Magnier said in a statement.

"He’s a particularly good looking individual with unbelievable ability and a sensational stallion’s pedigree so he looks the real deal.”

Racing media personality David Raphael, who paid $460,000 for Rubick at the 2013 Gold Coast Magic Millions sale, said he was thrilled to complete a stud deal for the two-year-old.

"Gerald Ryan has made no secret of the regard in which he holds this colt – hue says he’s the best he’s trained – and as such we’ve been fielding expressions of interest in and offers for Rubick for quite some time,” Raphael said.

"However, the opportunity to partner with Coolmore, the most successful stud farming operation in the world, was an irresistible one and I hope that we are lucky together.”

EDIT:

I just worked out how to post a URL from the phone..

http://www.racenet.com.au/mobile/article.asp?id=97380

Last edited:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Was expecting this to happen, but wouldn't have guessed it to happen after just on start.

That just goes to show that 1- how highly rated Rubick is and 2- how quick the studs have to be now to snap up these young colts. The success of Northern Meteor means that the last good EDL sons that are racing around are going to be snapped up quick.

Can't wait to see him go round today, in what is a quality race.

Also best of luck Evenflow! can only imagine how unreal you must be feeling.

Latest posts