What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toot Toot

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Top run indeed... got a gun horse on your hands EF. Looks like he will mature into a miler in time too, so plenty of upside!

Horrie Is God

First Grade
EF you've got a serious colt on your hands..

I reckon he's a Sires/Champagne Stakes colt, but he is improving that much each start nothing would surprise me..

It's going to take a massive run to beat Rubick over 6 furlongs..f**k he was impressive again..miseed the start, hunted up to lead..was taken on in the lead..& still kicked away & won handsomely..

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Thanks Evenflow for the heads up. Betting fluctuations in QLD were strange especially on fixed odds.

Took 50 x 50 on the tote and got back $165. Better than back interest!

After such a wide barrier, what a top run. Looks good for 1200 metres and beyond.

On another slant, apparently Law won at Randwick without raising a sweat in a joke four horse race and paid $1.50 for the win. I didn't see the race so can anyone confirm its easy win?

I backed Law at its only previous start for a $14 fixed odds result....nice $700 collect.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Law won easy..

It would've had harder track gallops..

It looked pretty good though..a chip of the old block..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee you must be wrapped EF that was an enormous run, the sires which is a million dollar race in Sydney looks a perfect race.

Law jog trotted in a pretty laughable race.

Shamus award isn't much chop IMO, Eurozone went straight past him the cox plate last year was a very average race.

andrew057

First Grade
Rubick was a nice run, but he was ridden out again.

Everything even over 1200m, Earthquake has his measure pretty easily imo.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Rubick was a nice run, but he was ridden out again.

Everything even over 1200m, Earthquake has his measure pretty easily imo.
You reckon???, i was a bit of the same until i saw the sectionals. The colts went 7 lengths faster in the first 600m. Pretty big effort to hang on.

andrew057

First Grade
Yeah he was entitled to weaken at line after the work he did.

Hopefully Earthquake and Rubick take each other on and set the race up for Chivalry.

Evenflow

Bench
Hopefully Earthquake and Rubick take each other on and set the race up for Chivalry.

lol i hope so too mate! We had a good debate on the Earthquake v Rubick runs yesterday and opinions were mixed as to which one had the most merit given the two races were run very differently. Both were very impressive no doubt with both more than capable of winning but from a competition perspective i'm a bit more worried about Earthquake over Rubick.

Not so much because the margin she won by but she seemed to do it effortlessly with plenty left in the tank. Though as Hiney said Rubick did plenty of work early so it stands to reason why he wasn't as strong on the line as what he could have been. The 2kg weight pull certainly won't hurt her chances either and the reason why i slightly put her ahead of the colt. That said Rubick will be awfully hard to beat as well :eek:

As for our bloke, all things considered we couldn't have been happier with the run. The plan was to try and get across early, settle around midfield and hopefully get some cover and have a crack at them late. That all went to shit when he missed the kick by at least a half length and Baster had no choice but to settle him at the tail.

Coming around the turn second last and about 10 lengths i was worried, while we knew he does his best work late and he'd hit the line hard i just thought he was a bit too far off them. Though the way he came home and snuck a place to only finish less than a couple of lengths away, it was impossible not to be happy with his run. Would've loved to have drawn a gate and saw how the race panned out then but that's just the way it goes. With any luck we will in the big one and give it a shake.

According to the 'experts' it's a race in two with nobody else having a chance, also Avdulla is of the opinion his horse was pretty much unbeatable from what i've seen and read. I might be way off and it might just be blind faith/bias on my part but i think they're beatable. Don't get me wrong, it'll be f**king hard as they're both great horses and could peak on the day and come out and smash us but we all know racing is a funny game and as Andrew said, if those two take each on up front and run each other ragged they could be be vulnerable in the last few strides. Given the way he hit the line there's no doubt Chivalry will eat up the extra 100m of the BD so you never know.

All i'm hoping for is we draw a decent gate and if we do and get done by better horses then so be it. All of them will take plenty out of the run yesterday and will be much improved in two weeks time so it should be a cracker. I think he's better than a $12 chance but again that might just be my bias again lol Not that it bothers me as i got on early the day the markets opened and got plenty more than that. That said it doesn't matter how much you get for them if they don't win.....

Edit: Good to see you had a collect veggie, lets hope for an even bigger one if you stick with him ;-)

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Earthquake wobbled around the turn like a shopping trolley but once she was given a smack she responded really well

Evenflow

Bench
Yeah she did but given it was her first shot of our way going down here (in race conditions) it's understandable. Would love to think it was a chink in her armor but it's not and she'll be much better for the experience you'd think.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Hope I didn't lead anyone astray... Trialled like Tulloch raced like Wazn

Should of guessed it blew like a gale, opened at 3 jumped at 7.50

Foz

Bench
I thought Earthquake and Rubick were both equally good runs but the Blue Diamond could prove a couple of things.Firstly which one is better.Secondly if they set it up so something can run over the top of them.
Hope it's your horse Evenflow.