What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

toovey attacks the refs

Patorick

Staff member
How dare a coach criticise the refs rather than his players (halves in particular) after a loss at home.

Don't see that much, hey?

Frailty

First Grade
Fair dinkum? So even if he legitimately hits the deck and stumbles around like he's been concussed, he's playing for a penalty? :lol:

He took a dive on 4 different occasions.

Somehow he went from staggering around with concussion to being completely fine on numerous occasions.

innsaneink

Referee
Tooves is a froot loop....blame your game plan, your players (you were up against 16)....dont blame the refs.
Theres enough to blame refs about without fabricating things

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I'm really not sure what he was talking about with offside on the 2nd try? Is he taking about Manly's 2nd try or something. Really not sure.

Have any of you actually seen what Toove's actually said? I'd suggest you go have a look

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...loss-to-bulldogs/story-fn2mcuj6-1226431309926

I agree with most of what he said with the exception of the offside. Penalties are a lottery. Why weren't the best two refs out there tonight? Why do we stick with the two? It isn't working.

It is very much on the money that Captains can't talk to the ref. They speak very poorly to them in return as well. The obstruction rule is a f*cking joke at the moment.

The other point he made is nothing changes by having meetings with them and they always deflect any criticism by making up some bogus excuse for their decisions being correct.

He was very clear that Bulldogs played well and deserved their win and Manly's execution was way off at times.

Outside the offside thing, I think he has just said what every fan and coach in the competition feels about the referees at the moment. He didn't blame them for the loss... 10k well spent in my opinion.

Apey

Staff member
It is how he said it. He looked like he was about to choke a bitch. Most people would agree with his comments on refereeing in general, but not about the game itself.

I think MacDougall should stomp on his face again. :sarcasm:

lol Toovey, trying to steal the whinging crown from Des, after that whinge he certainly has it. LOL He lost his shit, made up things to cover the face that Manly made more errors and missed way more tackles than us, not to mention the fact that they also won the penalty count.

Oh and the 10743241792 head highs that went unpenalised because the refs were scared of the crowd.

There was a great one where Ennis was willing Ballin's head to explode. It didn't, but i'm sure Ennis still thinks he's a Sith Lord.

:lol: Was that when he was on one knee? haha He stayed there for like 3 seconds, it was a massive wtf moment in the game.

Pfft... Keating doesn't count as a player...

lol Keating has been one of the form halves of the comp this season, not saying he is a superstar, but he certainly has been above average this season.

Geohood

Bench
The one thing I didn't agree with was the soft penalty near the end to give the Dogs the possession for the rest of the game.

Haha I'm watching the video now this is hilarious I haven't seen a coach sound like a regular fan lol.. I like him.

Last edited:

Pig Mouth

Juniors
Sometimes the refs have a shit game and people get pissed. Because certain games are totally atrocious. I was guilty of ref bitching last night after watching the Broncos Titans game. Very bad calls went against both teams and they didn't deserve them. But at the end of the day there is 80 mins in a game plus extra time if needed. If a team is not good enough to put point on the board in all that time then they don't deserve to win,

coolumsharkie

Referee
Geez he's one wierd looking dude, the Toov's. I like him though, and I agree with some of his comments. Too many WTF penalties this year, let alone incorrect decisions.

Izz

Bench
:lol: Was that when he was on one knee? haha He stayed there for like 3 seconds, it was a massive wtf moment in the game.
yeah, that was the one. :lol: i know Ballin was being a massive grub all game, but i didn't think it was enough to make Ennis fall in love with him. Obviously i was wrong.

After watching the press conference again I really hope Toovey gets fined for that, that was just childish and petulant.

He couldn't accept defeat and attributed our win to the refs.... Thats just sickening from the glorified water boy.

yeah, that was the one. :lol: i know Ballin was being a massive grub all game, but i didn't think it was enough to make Ennis fall in love with him. Obviously i was wrong.

Ballin was very dirty yesterday, I think he sledged Ennis, it looked like he said something to Ennis when he had him around the head.

Yet another coach blaming others for his own failure. Maybe if your fullback didn't lay on a try for Barba you might have won.

innsaneink

Referee
I'm really not sure what he was talking about with offside on the 2nd try? Is he taking about Manly's 2nd try or something. Really not sure.

Have any of you actually seen what Toove's actually said? I'd suggest you go have a look

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...loss-to-bulldogs/story-fn2mcuj6-1226431309926

I agree with most of what he said with the exception of the offside. Penalties are a lottery. Why weren't the best two refs out there tonight? Why do we stick with the two? It isn't working.

It is very much on the money that Captains can't talk to the ref. They speak very poorly to them in return as well. The obstruction rule is a f*cking joke at the moment.

The other point he made is nothing changes by having meetings with them and they always deflect any criticism by making up some bogus excuse for their decisions being correct.

He was very clear that Bulldogs played well and deserved their win and Manly's execution was way off at times.

Outside the offside thing, I think he has just said what every fan and coach in the competition feels about the referees at the moment. He didn't blame them for the loss... 10k well spent in my opinion.

Well.....when he goes in whinging about trys he thinks were offside that were in fact a metre ONside...then THEY are correct and they are justified.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone notice how it is only losing coaches that whinge about refs? Classic deflection of critiscm tactics.

Grapple

Bench
Anyone notice how it is only losing coaches that whinge about refs? Classic deflection of critiscm tactics.

They should have a "I was wrong" update during the week, like what you see with Bill Harrigan and their reviewing the previous rounds past decisions - except have the coaches front a press conference and just admit, "Sorry about that.... I was just really pissed that we lost..."

Perth Red

Post Whore
Refs should have right of reply and hold a press conference to highlight the poor coaching decisions and structures of the losing team!

firechild

First Grade

Not much different to how fans of winning sides always think that any blatantly wrong decisions had no effect on the game.

Latest posts