What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

toovey attacks the refs

Mr Saab

Referee
Refs didnt decide this game. Eagles had their chances, but looked like the Broncos in attack.
Passing to the touch judge does no equate to good execution.

The problem is that there is not enough NRL standard referees to have one per match let alone 2 clowns out there at the one time.

Agree. I think the actual 2 refs system works but we don't have the quality of referees.

Last nights game - some perplexing decisions but they didn't favour one side and at the end of the day, the better team won.

innsaneink

Referee
What was Toovey smoking? Perrett was at least a metre onside.

Yep...hes off his head.

Had to laugh at all the slow...'Im tough' death stares towards tacklers from Ennis and Matai..."You f**ker, youre tackling ME?...ME!" :lol:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Toovey is a whining s.hit

always has been

always will be

the refs had ZERO to do with the Dogs winning last night.

_Johnsy

Referee
Toovey =
toddler_behaviour.jpg

Reason captains aren't allowed to talk to ref's anymore is because 19/20 times they use it as a bullsh!!t stalling tactic to set their defence so sucked shit to them.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I thought the refs were good last night. Manly did get away with a lot of high shots - see how many of the Canterbury forwards had bleeding noses after being tackled. Toovey's grubby tactics didn't pay off and now he's having a bleat about it.

MatthewA

Juniors
There were quite a few incidents where penalties weren't given for the 'Dogs. The high shot and palm to the face of Graham in the second half was the worst high shot of the match and it went unpunished. Josh Reynolds, although he took an almighty dive, was told to play on after getting hit high yet David Williams gets dragged down by the shoulder by Inu, dramatises the whole thing and gets the penalty.

Neither side was benefited by the refereeing. End of story.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Toovs is clearly still suffering the effects of Doogs stomping on his head in the 97 grand final. He's obviously under the pump now with manly in a scrap to make the eight. He did learn a few tricks of his old mentor by the looks of it.

Izz

Bench
Yep...hes off his head.

Had to laugh at all the slow...'Im tough' death stares towards tacklers from Ennis and Matai..."You f**ker, youre tackling ME?...ME!" :lol:
There was a great one where Ennis was willing Ballin's head to explode. It didn't, but i'm sure Ennis still thinks he's a Sith Lord.

Frailty

First Grade
Refereeing was pretty dismal but it didn't affect the game at all as it was equal both ways IMO.

It was a great game to watch where I really wasn't sitting there thinking about the referees - as a good game should be.

Things to note though:

Reynolds is the biggest diver in the game - on 4 separate occasions he played for a penalty... only got one...

Ballin is a great player, but very Cameron Smith like in defence. I needed more than my hands and feet to count the amount of time he was hanging around the neck of a player in a tackle.

Manly had an interesting plan against the dogs. Keep a high intensity for the game to tire the big Bulldogs players (who with the loss of Kasiano made it even worse). Unfortunately Manly were a Brett Stewart short of having that finess to seal the deal.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Reynolds is the biggest diver in the game - on 4 separate occasions he played for a penalty... only got one...

Fair dinkum? So even if he legitimately hits the deck and stumbles around like he's been concussed, he's playing for a penalty? :lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I must have mised the press release during the week where the NRL refs announced that shoulder charging a kicker and diving at a kickers legs were no longer automatic penalties. Happened twice to Bulldogs last night with no penalty. It's swings and roundabouts and unless a bad decision is made in the last minute of play with the game locked up then don't blame the refs for losses.