What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

top 10 favourite games of all time

Charlie124

First Grade
1. Mario Kart (SNES, N64, Wii, GameCube) - in that order.
Quite simply the best series of video games ever IMO, each and every one was hours and hours of fun and above all, outstanding replay value. Mario Kart is the only reason i bought the GameCube and Wii Consoles.

2. Super Mario World (SNES)
This game took all the best parts of the already awesome SMB series and rolled them all into one fantastic game. Hidden areas and secrets all throughout the game meant there was almost always more to do. Played it start to finish several times.

3. Goldeneye (N64)
f**king unreal game, but we all knew that. Some of the best gameplay and probably the best multiplayer game i've ever played. Not bad for a game based on a movie.

4. Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
I loved this game for a list of reasons, but the sheer fun of it sits at the top of that list. Really clever and interesting game.

5. Mario 64 (N64)
I believe this was the first game to ever score a perfect 10/10 in Hyper Magazine, and rightfully so, the levels were so indepth and required you to play each of them several times over just to find everything.

6. Banjo Kazooie (N64)
I just loved the sh*t out of this game, it was one of those ones you'd just get lost in for hours, took me ages to finish.

7. Perfect Dark (N64)
Pretty much Goldeneye with better graphics and a new character, but still a f**king wicked game, I would rate the multiplayer better than Goldeneye if it wasnt basically the same thing.

8. 1080° Snowboarding (N64)
Riiiicccckkkkyyyyyy Wiiinnntttteeeerrrbbbbooooorrrrnnnn!!!!!! - just a f**ken rad game, enough said.

9. Soldier of Fortune* (PC)
*Online multiplayer only, the single player game is nothing special but the online maps people come up with are unlimited fun.

10. Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (N64)
This game took me so damn long to finish, each level takes about the same ammount of time as it takes to play Goldeneye from start to finish.

alien

Referee
favorite pc games: left4dead, duke nukem 3d, shadow warrior, blood, doom, unreal tournament, command & conquer series including the red alerts, et's rugby league, arl 97??? counterstrike/halflife, battlefield vietnam, warcraft 2

nes: double dragon 2, tmnt 1 & 2

xbox/n64: mostly wwe games or sports games, halo, golden eye, perfect dark

Last edited:

Coaster

Bench
no order

• Wonderboy - loved it
  • Darkness Falls - the first one text based game, first internet game i played MMORPG (it opened my mind)
  • Touch Down - old Nintendo game, loved it
  • Dark Age of Camelot - best MMORPG i have played
  • Fight night - changed the face of fighting games imo
  • Rock Band - what can i say, maybe a secret wish to be a rockstar
  • AC2 - great game but also the last i have played so maybe fresh in my mind
  • World of Warcraft - dislike the game but still have an account, so i guess as far as hours its in my top 10
  • Tiger Woods - many hours on this
  • Shane Warne's Cricket - loved it and was awesome at it

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
These are my ten

10.lord of the rings online (have a game card but haven't played for ages)
9.age of empires 2 ,pc
8.zoo tycoon 2, pc
7.tresspasser ,pc ( only jurassic park game i liked)
6.world of warcraft, pc online( warcraft 2 and 3 got me hooked on this)
5.star wars: dark forces, pc (dark forces 2 was good too)
4.et's rugby league, pc(best rugby league game ever!)
3.drakan : order of the flame,pc & ps2 ( play this every couple of years still lol)
2.legend of zelda: ocarina of time, N64(love all the zelda games)
1.g1 jockey 3 ,ps2 (all the series, can't beat it for horse racing games)

Last edited:

simostorm

Bench
Mass Effect
Bad Company << kickass online game when it was highly populated..

Thats about all i can think off atm that ive really enjoyed playing..

Jason Maher

Immortal
10. FIFA 09 (PS2)
9. Wolfenstein 3D (PC)
8. Wrestlemania 2000 (N64)
7. MarioKart 64 (N64)
6. Ratchet and Clank (PS2)
5. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (GameCube)
4. Diablo (PC)
3. Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
1. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (PC)

Misanthrope

Staff member
10. Fallout 3: I've never played any of the games that came before, but I got a real kick out of this one. Great setting and style, and some exciting combats to boot.

9. World of WarCraft: Sure, it's become more about number crunchers than players, but it's still a lot of fun. I still get a lot of enjoyment out of a few hours of questing.

8. Neverwinter Nights 2: In my eyes, far better than its shoddy predecessor. Lots of fun side quests and add ons.

7. Dragon Age Origins: Awesome game. Just so much replay value.

6. Planescape Torment: Sure, Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale were good - but this one was the balls. A true role play based RPG with plenty of wit and an interesting setting.

5. Oblivion: One of the most immersive, enthralling fantasy games of all time. Combined with its big mod-making fraternity, it provided plenty of play.

4. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction: I had a whole lot of fun with this point and click classic. Whether it was single player into the wee hours or days upon days of co-op play with my brothers, it got plenty of play.

3. Escape Velocity: A brilliant shareware game made by Ambrosia Software, this space RPG/shooter was just a whole lot of fun. With a huge mod-making community, it just had limitless replay value. Its two sequels didn't really measure up in my eyes.

2. Marathon 2: Durandal: I was a Mac boy at the time this came out, but even against other shooters from its time - it's leagues ahead. Great graphics, good combination of darkness and wit in the plot, and massively enjoyable multiplayer.

1. Myth: The Fallen Lords: In my eyes, the best RTT (real time tactics) game of all time. In a time of atrociously cartoony RTS games where resource collection was the key factor - it broke the mold. Ground breaking graphics for its time, an immersive and dark storyline, and awesome game play.

Big Pete

Referee
1. Zelda Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64) I'm yet to play a better game. This had everything, a good storyline, a good cast of characters, polished gameplay and some awesome dungeons. All in all, a game every gamer must play.

2. Pokemon Gold and Silver (Gameboy Colour): Was a huge Pokemon fan as a kid and this was the pinnacle of the series. I mean, you had the option of travelling between both towns, had an extra 100 to catch (who actually looked cool) not to mention, you could face Ash Ketchum at the end. Epic game.

3. Super Smash Bros. Melee (Nintendo 64) Yes I'm aware a sequal was released in 2008 but this for mine was when the series peaked and was at it's most enjoyable. I've spent absolutely hours playing this with friends and giving it to one another. Captain Falcon was my guy, and out of everyone of my friends I was a noob, but a noob with heart who could jag the occasional win. So much nostalgia in this game, and still challenging. A very cool game.

4. WWF No Mercy (Nintendo 64) It's been 10 years since this game was released, yet to this day I still play it. Heck, I've been fooling around with the roster all summer (making a huge roster where every possible spot is used to have a unique cast of wrestlers). A great wrestling game and still highly playable.

5. Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo Entertainment System) Awesome platformer from start to finish. Hell it had an entire movie based on it's debut. That says it all right there. For mine though it's my favourite Mario largely because it's challenging but also incredibly enjoyable. The enemies were all colourful critters and the amount of power ups especially back then was immense. A great game.

6. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Playstation 2) Was the peak of the GTA series and was absolutely awesome from start to finish. The amount of stuff you could do in this game was amazing and it still stands as my favourite sandbox game. I'm yet to try Saint's Row 2 though which I've been told easily trumps SA.

7. Team Fortress 2 (PC) Haven't played this since 2008, but I spent hours upon hours playing this to death and absolutely loved it. I only played on public servers so the quality would often vary but at it's best, this game was intense and utterly enjoyable.

8. Yoshi's Island (Super Nintendo) - Was the first game I ever bought and it's still by far one of the best platformers I've played. Unique in it's structure, gorgeous in design and just down right charming, Yoshi's Island is one hell of an adventure. I wanted to strangle that baby by the end of it though.

9. Donkey Kong Country 2 (Super Nintendo) - It's just such an awesome platformer, enjoyable yet challenging but never impossible. Dixie was awesome and the game had enough going for it to make it an enjoyable experience. It's a shame the 64 equivalent was so average.

10. Tales of Symphonia (GameCube) - An action RPG where you can actually control your characters movements in battle. Awesome. Loved the art-style and the storyline was fairly decent for a JRPG (although it seemingly combined Star Wars, Final Fantasy X and whatever story you can think of)

Frederick

Staff member
No particular order:
Half Life 2
Final Fantasy X
Super Mario 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart Wii
Goldeneye
Final Fantasy XII
Madden 10
Bioshock
Super Smash Bros
I have recently purchased a PS3, and as such will replace Final Fantasy XII in this list with Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Don't have a top 10 coz I'm picky about games I play. Personal favourites are Virtual tennis 3, NHL 09+10, Need for Speed Underground, Most Wanted, Top Spin tennis, Rugby League 1 + 2,
At the moment I'm only playing the two NHL games as they are my fave ones, the others I've either finished or can't be bothered playing anymore. I am playing Need for Speed Pro Street but it's not great, Undercover is good but it's too easy for me, I prefered Most Wanted.

JoeD

First Grade
Games I've spent a lot of time playing in the past that i don't think have been mentioned:

Tomb Raider series
Civilisation series

no order

• Wonderboy - loved it
  • Darkness Falls - the first one text based game, first internet game i played MMORPG (it opened my mind)
  • Touch Down - old Nintendo game, loved it
  • Dark Age of Camelot - best MMORPG i have played
  • Fight night - changed the face of fighting games imo
  • Rock Band - what can i say, maybe a secret wish to be a rockstar
  • AC2 - great game but also the last i have played so maybe fresh in my mind
  • World of Warcraft - dislike the game but still have an account, so i guess as far as hours its in my top 10
  • Tiger Woods - many hours on this
  • Shane Warne's Cricket - loved it and was awesome at it

Forgot about Wonderboy. Freaking great game.

10. WCW/nWo Revenge (Nintendo 64)
9. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (Sony Playstation)
8. Wonderboy in Monsterland (Sega Master System)
7. Jonah Lomu Rugby (Sony Playstation)
6. Goldeneye 007 (Nintendo 64)
5. Ghouls and Ghosts (Sega Master System)
4. WWF No Mercy (Nintendo 64)
3. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Sony Playstation 2)
2. Mario Kart (Nintendo 64)
1. Alex Kidd in Miracle World (Sega Master System)

HowHigh

Coach
1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time (n64)
then in no particular order..
Goldeneye (n64)
Mario 64 (n64)
Mario Kart (n64)
Counter Strike (PC)
Age of Empires 2 (PC)
Street Fighter vs X-Men (Arcade)
Daytona (Arcade)
NBA Jam (Arcade)
Fifa10 (ps3)

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
10. FIFA 07 (PS2)
9. Pokémon Yellow Version
8. Mario Kart 64
7. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
6. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
5. Mass Effect 2
4. Mass Effect
3. Fallout 3
2. Final Fantasy VIII
1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Shorty

Staff member
10.Tekken 3/2 - Love them both equally, but so much fun developing the combinations.

9.Alex the kidd - Even though I sucked and got to like the castle!

8.Outrun Europe - SOOO easy but so much fun

7.Resident Evil 2 - First one to hook me.

6.Silent Hill -Seriously is there anything scarier as a teenager?!

5.GoldenEye - Oh the mischief with proximinity mines.

4.Red Faction - This is for the multiplayer function, playing people on the LAN is hilarious fun.

3.Zelda Ocarina Of Time - I'm a Playstation loyal through and through but this was one of the most complete games I've ever played pretty much perfect from start to finish.

2.Resident Evil 4 - Like Zelda, this was just a fantastic game...credit to the producers for having the balls to make such a change in the franchise.

1.Final Fantasy 8 - I love this game more than the franchise, it was special...just loved it.

Honour mention;
Sims - Sometimes it's just fun being god.
GTA (all games) - I'm not sure this has been mentioned, but I adored the first one....and it's hilarious because it was such a simple concept but highly addictive.

LESStar58

Referee
Haven't been playing console games long enough to list my favs but when i was a kid I loved the Police Quest, Kings Quest, Space Quest series by Sierra on PC.

Shame they don't work on the newer laptops and PCS. Saw the PQ series the other day for PC but its not made for Vista! :(

Latest posts