What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

top 10 favourite games of all time

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

- Ultima 7: Black Gate. (pc, spent years on this game replaying it.)
- Street fighter.(mega drive)
- Masters of Magic(pc)
- Baldurs Gate 2(PC, playing again ATM)
- Command & Conquer(PC, take ur pick red alert 2, tiberian sun ect)
- Warcraft(pc)
- NBA Jam(mega drive)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2(master system)
- Golden Axe. (mega drive, amazing how bad the sequels were)
- Wonder boy in monster land(master system

dogz08

First Grade
i loved my n64 & super nintendo so..

donkey kong 1,2,3
super mario cart
donkey 64
mario 64
perfect dark
super mario world
fifa games
gta vice city, gta 4
ricky ponting cricket
tiger woods golf

Tommax25

Bench
1) Final Fantasy 7
2) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3) Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 4
Tekken 2
Championship Manager 01/02
Final Fantasy 10
Pokemon Silver
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Smash Brothers Melee (but all were fun, I just played this the most)

After the top 3 its no particular order.

Honourable mentions: Super Mario 64, Dragon Quest 8, Okami, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Breath of Fire 3, Kingdom Hearts, Banjo-Kazooie

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
I am going to cheat a little and name some series because it is hard to break them up and pick a favourite in most cases. In no particular order:

- Fallout 3 (GOTY Edition): Really enjoying it at the moment playing it through a second time. Wasn't sure of it at first but really liking it now.

- Bioshock: Hasn't been mentioned but I really liked the story and look of this game.

- Super Mario Brothers: Classic games. Super Mario Bros 3 was the standout.

- Call of Duty: Great war games down very well. Number 4 is a favourite. World at War was good but not as good as 4. That sniper mission in 4 - pure heaven.

- Dr Mario on NES: More of a private family joke but this game got flogged in our house, hours and hours spent cursing the yellow, blue and red viruses.

- Metal Gear Solid series: Classic video games. MGS4 was a huge game, loved it. I remember sneaking up on first bad guy and snapping his neck, picking him up and dropping him for my first ration. The memories.

- Grand Theft Auto series: Great games, right from the first games where you just watched down on the car as you mowed down people. If I had to pick, GTA3 was the best. Vice City was fun, San Andreas was alright and GTA4 was a little bit of a let down.

- Battletoads on NES: Using to love playing Co-op with my brother and then turning on him and belting the sh!t out of him.

- Alex Kidd: I was never big on Sega systems but I loved these games. There should be more rock, paper, scissor Vs bad guys in video games.

- Mario Kart series: Easily number one for me. Even in my 20's and my dad (in his 50's), we used to spend hours on these games. It was more than just a video game in our house. And when I got it on game cube and had 3 controls, my girlfriend got in on the racing. Didn't matter - I was always champion.

Hallatia

Referee
The Wii has some great games when it's not trying to pander to idiot families and middle aged women that have never touched a games console before.
TMNT on Wii is pretty cool and so are the DBZ games, but I am content with just the Wiisports type games

simmo1

First Grade
Goldeneye (N64)
Fallout 3 (360)
Call of Duty 4 (360)
GTA 4 (360)
Smash Bros Melee (GC)
Ocarina of Time (N64)
Superman 64 (N64)
Metroid Prime (GC)
Gears of War 2 (360)
Guitar Hero 2 (PS2)

Frederick

Staff member
No particular order:
Half Life 2
Final Fantasy X
Super Mario 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart Wii
Goldeneye
Final Fantasy XII
Madden 10
Bioshock
Super Smash Bros

Solid

Juniors
Driver (PS1)
FF7 (PS1)
Red Faction (PC)
Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory (PC)
Half Life Games & TF2 & CS (PC)
Battlefield 2
Company of Heroes (PC)
ISS Pro Evolution (PS1)
SSX 3 (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 1,2,3 (PS1-2)

8Ball

First Grade
Superman 64 (N64)

:lol: Joke right?

Just looking at some of the lists reminds me of how good the N64 was. *sigh* Gamecube was alright.. The Wii started off promising, but now I've just lost all interest in it. My list in order of how much I enjoyed a game at the time:
10. FF XII (PS2)
9. Mario Golf (GC)
8. Golden Sun (GBA)
7. Mario Kart (n64)
6. Super Mario (n64)
5. Diddy Kong Racing (n64)
4. Clayfighter 63 1/3 (n64)
3. Zelda: Ocarina of Time (n64)
2. Banjo Kazooie (n64) <--Don't know why I got so into that game..
1. Perfect Dark (n64)

Edit: Oops somehow left 3 out - Warcraft 3
World of Warcraft
Ragnarok Online.

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
Ohh f**k...how could i forget counter strike...

I still play Source all the time...

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Hitman Bloodmoney
COD4
SOCOM 2
Civilization 4
Super Mario Kart
The Warriors
Bioshock
GTA San Andreas
COD MW2
Manhunt
Super Mario Bros All Stars

Sir Biffo

Bench
Hitman Bloodmoney
COD4
SOCOM 2
Civilization 4
Super Mario Kart
The Warriors
Bioshock
GTA San Andreas
COD MW2
Manhunt
Super Mario Bros All Stars

Geez! Big Call!

Transport Tycoon Deluxe PC - still play it today (well a free version called Open TTD, that's a game that stands the test of time!)

International Cricket Captain PC - Probably ICC 2 was the one I played the most, but have spent many, many hours on this

Final Fantasy 7 PS1 - Great storyline, loved the Chocobo races!

Shane Warnes Cricket 99 PS1 - "And he's safe, and out". A classic game that me and mates would play for ages

Alex Kidd in Miracle World Sega Master System - Built into my first ever gaming console, this was such an awesome game.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare XBOX360 - This game was off the hook. Storyline mode I have played over, and over, and over. Haven't played the new one yet

Goldeneye N64 - "NO-ONE IS PLAYING AS f**kING ODDJOB OK!" probably the best multiplayer shooter of all time on a console

Grand Theft Auto 3 PS2 - I know GTAIV is deeper, more detailed, more features, but when this game came out it redefined sandbox games forever.

Tiger Woods Golf PS2 - I think it was 2003 I had, when I was at uni we used to sit around drinking beers and playing this avaoiding lectures.

Tony Hawks PS1 - The first one was awesome. Played that warehouse level about a zillion times, Officer Dick or Rune Gilfberg all the time!

Latest posts