What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 10 overrated players in the NRL

TheROCK

Juniors
1.Nathan Hindmarsh
2.Matthew Gidley
3.Timana Tahu
4.Willie Mason
5.Ryan Girdler
6.Sean Rudder
7.Jason Moodie
8.Brett Hodgson
9.Danny Buderus
10.Luke Ricketson

In order.

Kiwi

First Grade
1 - Jason Stevens
2 - Matthew Gidley
3 - Braith Anasta
4 - Nathan Hindmarsh
5 - Michael Vella
6 - Bryan Fletcher
7 - Jason Ryles
8 - Willie Mason
9 - Brett Hodgson
10 - David Solomona

1. Ben Kennedy
2. Brett Kimmorley
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Jason Stevens
5. David Peachey
6. Lance Hohaia
7. Paul Bowman
8. Kevin Campion
9. Clinton Schifcofske
10. Ryan Girdler

ozbash

Referee
bucko, henry fa,afili over rated ?? :lol:
get yer hand off it you clown ! :shock:

1,woolyford
2,johns
3,gee
4,barret
5,stevens
6,gidley
7,the other gidley
8,tahu
9,anasta
10,brent webb

Greeny

Juniors
TheROCK said:
6.Sean Rudder
9.Danny Buderus
Who rates Rudder? :?: I actually rate him as one of the more underrated players. Danny Buderus is an awesome attacking player when in form, but even when he's not in form he still is very strong defensively.
You Idiot! :lol: :lol:

bucko

Juniors
ozbash said:
bucko, henry fa,afili over rated ?? :lol:
get yer hand off it you clown ! :shock:

1,woolyford

Hey Ozbash, i just dont think Fa'afil's that good. He goes allright under a high ball but thats about it. And Woolford's a gun, he is so dynamic up the middle of the ruck. I think he's unfderrated personally.

dubby

Bench
in no order.

Steve Price
Braith Anasta
M Vella
Phil Bailey
B Kimmorley
B Finch
Billy Slater
Matt Gidley
Craig Gower
Ben Ikin/Brent Tate

salivor

First Grade
Who really rated him before that match? He wasn't a bad player once upon a time before his two knee injuries. I've been patient with his recovery but now hes only holding back better, more competent footballers.

bucko

Juniors
I reckon Ben Ikin has an allright kicking game, but he's starting to fall off tackles too often and he doesn't look very dangerous when he's running the ball.

salivor

First Grade
An alright kicking game? Just which match were you watching? Its pretty widely accepted that currently his kicking is the worst aspect of his game. He put just about every kick down the throat of Minichiello which put QLD on the back foot right from the outset. He didn't produce one good kick in either of the 2 origin matches and the icing on the cake was when he kicked out on the full.

bucko

Juniors
He had a terrible kickin game in origin 2. Despite this he kicked very well in origin 1, and i think has been kickin pretty well for Brisbane all year. This aside, I don't rate any other aspect of his game very highly.

salivor

First Grade
Sorry but I've watched every game for Brisbane this year and his kicking hasn't been anything special. We looked a hell of alot better on Friday when Ikin sat out and Maguire came in with most of the kicking going to Darren Lockyer.

CyberKev

Staff member
Moffo said:
He is a top finisher, knows where to stand. Many of his tries were from being the last man in a good attacking move along the backline. In my book, catching the ball and running 5 metres across the line unopposed is not skill. I know you don't agree, and id rather not have the argument again, but personally, i think he has a weakness in defence

LOL...

Did you catch the game on Friday night, Moffo... Blacklock was like Chicken Man... He was everywhere, he was everywhere.

For the record, Brent Tate is a mile out in front in the overrated stakes with Ben Ikin & Phil Bailey boldly following in his slipstream...

Too big a gap to the rest to worry about structuring a ten.

CyberKev

sydraider

First Grade
I dont agree on tate being overrated, i feel he will be a great talent,as for ikins kicking game well he must of attended the same kicking school as drew :lol:

Edwahu

Bench
Lyon, Gidley, Tahu, Anasta and Fletcher are all lucky to have played rep footy in my opinion.

Phil Graham and Brad Drew have been pretty overated at times this season.

bucko

Juniors
Back to Ikin's kicking game, I think he did very well in origin 3. Once again though, Fatty wrapped him way too much...

Tigerpete

Juniors
This might be a bit of a harsh call but if u took Andrew Johns out of Newcastle, Gidley, Tahu, Simpson, Kennedy and even Buderus would be half the players they are now, If Newcastle were that a good a team then when johns is missing , i would think that those other so called "stars" would still be able to win them games.

Latest posts