What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

top 5 best finishers you have seen.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Renouf and ET were the best i've personally seen for a consistent amount of time. I can't remember much about Wendell these days but I remember him being unstoppable near the line.

The only footage i've seen of Kerry Boasted is pretty much him running away from defenders at Origin level and the commentators absolutely going nuts. He must've been a quality finisher also.

ozzie

Bench
going for a family double - bill mullins and son. With Old Bill he was awesome. His son was absolutely freakish

lockyno1

Post Whore
The obvious ones of Renouf and Mullins and Blacklock would be my top 3. I will also throw in Ryan Girdler.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Vagana. Still able to score tries he shouldn't even though he's pretty much sucked for years. He just has an instinct when near the line.

Titanic

First Grade
Forgot about Les Boyd - finished 'em early and then got rubbed out himself but the champion of them all belongs to Wests Bob Cooper - earliest finisher of them all.

roopy

Referee
nqboy said:
Chariots.
yeah - saw him score three tries against Newcastle - all classic 80 metre solo efforts. Brilliant.
Statistically - the guy with the best conversion rate in the NRL at the moment is Tahu - scored at just under a try a game for Newcastle and is doing the same for Parra.

Vicious

Bench
Candice Falzon and Lara Bingle.

Koorieguy`s original list is close to the mark, but Wendell and Lote were both very good when in their prime at the Broncos.
Don`t forget about Nick Bradley-Qualilawa either.

stuke

Bench
Terry Lamb and Brett Kenny were both awesome support players and scored many tries they weren't entitled to...as well as setting them up as well.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Some that stood out after 5mins of consideration include...

Steve Renouf - nobody could open a half gap like this guy.
John Ferguson - in my opinion the best pure winger I've seen and boy could he score a try.
Nathan Blacklock - For a period there he just couldn't stop scoring tries; but he was a little soft and that took away from his finishing ability in those tough corner tries (not saying he never scored them that way however I wouldn't pick him ahead of tougher wingers despite his tryscoring record)
Darren Albert - I think he was hugely underrated before he went to the UK had it not been for injuries he would've been regarded as one of the best wingers of the last decade. You simply can't ignore his pace and touch of class finishing.

of the current day Rhys Wesser is a super finisher - and he's come a long way from the error prone and tiny fullback when he debuted.

Latest posts