What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 5 coaches in NRL

Eels Dude

Coach
That is just rubbish. In the past five years Bennett has built two premiership sides (2006,2010) at two different clubs while Hasler has coached the same side for 8 years for the same return.

How is it rubbish? That's my personal opinion and that's my reasoning as to who the best coach at the moment is and IMO it's Hasler.

Wato

Juniors
How is it rubbish? That's my personal opinion and that's my reasoning as to who the best coach at the moment is and IMO it's Hasler.

Its rubbish because Hasler has spent 8 years building a premiership culture at Manly while Bennett spent just 2 to do so at Saints. So over the same time period they have achieved the same success but Bennett has done so at two clubs therefore making him a superior coach in my opinion.

Eels Dude

Coach
Its rubbish because Hasler has spent 8 years building a premiership culture at Manly while Bennett spent just 2 to do so at Saints. So over the same time period they have achieved the same success but Bennett has done so at two clubs therefore making him a superior coach in my opinion.

The Dragons were in a strong position already when Bennett took over he just took them that extra level. Manly on the other hand were an absolute rabble when Hasler took over and he turned the club around completely. Because Bennett has done it at two clubs is not a fair comparison as Hasler has been only employed by one club during the period we're talking about. Hasler has also won 2 premierships in the space of 4 years... something that hasn't happened since Bennett himself achieved that in the late 90's.

Wato

Juniors
The Dragons were in a strong position already when Bennett took over he just took them that extra level. Manly on the other hand were an absolute rabble when Hasler took over and he turned the club around completely. Because Bennett has done it at two clubs is not a fair comparison as Hasler has been only employed by one club during the period we're talking about. Hasler has also won 2 premierships in the space of 4 years... something that hasn't happened since Bennett himself achieved that in the late 90's.

How is it unfair to compare Bennett achieving the same at two clubs to Hasler at one? Hasler could have switched clubs if he liked but choose to stay with Manly. On Bennett at Saints he did have a good roster when he arrived but he brought and made Saints two best players when he arrived at the club in Soward and Boyd plus brought one wayward forward and a plodder in Costigan and Weyman and turned them into stars. Without those players Saints never win the comp so although that had a great roster it lacked leadership and Bennett brought that plus you are forgetting that at the end of 2208 several high profile players such as Gasnier and Ryles left the club. If Hasler can mirror his succes at Canterbury then he can be spoken of alongside Bennett till then his just another minion.

Ozzy

First Grade
How is it unfair to compare Bennett achieving the same at two clubs to Hasler at one? Hasler could have switched clubs if he liked but choose to stay with Manly. On Bennett at Saints he did have a good roster when he arrived but he brought and made Saints two best players when he arrived at the club in Soward and Boyd plus brought one wayward forward and a plodder in Costigan and Weyman and turned them into stars. Without those players Saints never win the comp so although that had a great roster it lacked leadership and Bennett brought that plus you are forgetting that at the end of 2208 several high profile players such as Gasnier and Ryles left the club. If Hasler can mirror his succes at Canterbury then he can be spoken of alongside Bennett till then his just another minion.
Soward was already there when Bennett arrived.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I'm not too sure how anyone could rate Bellamy as the best when he's made what, two finals series? A failure at Origin level to boot & a part of a massive salary cap rort.. what a genius!

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'm not too sure how anyone could rate Bellamy as the best when he's made what, two finals series? A failure at Origin level to boot & a part of a massive salary cap rort.. what a genius!

You should have a yarn with Popeye down at the pub while you piss on the wall and eat some yabbies. He'll tell you all you need to know about Bellamy.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Whoever said about what bennent bought in don't forget jez smith, between him and costigan he really fixed that weak underbelly problem. no suprise they both left and its back to shit.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Whoever said about what bennent bought in don't forget jez smith, between him and costigan he really fixed that weak underbelly problem. no suprise they both left and its back to shit.

:lol: "shit"? It's still a very good forward pack, actually

DoggiesBro

Juniors
i said its got that soft underbelly back, which it has honestly. smith and nev fixed that. now your tough man is beau scott. big drop there. you wouldn't see hodges do that kinda shit he did to morris when he was injured with nev and j smith there, if you don't want to be realistic its your problem.

you can't denie the pack looks alot less deadly without them two and as its no where near the pack it was. its nothing special now days alot of overrated players though in scott, creagh, merrin.