What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 5 coaches in NRL

DoggiesBro

Juniors
No it was 22-0 at halftime to Manly loved that match as well watching the dogs getting pounded by the premiers also enjoyed watching the premiers beat the bulldogs home & away this year & you have used that manly going crap line about 100 times but please explain how manly is going broke or do you just get your information from the telecrap, penn is worth over 100m dollars & there are other private investors lining up to pour money into the club which will see increased funding for next year for our premier league & U20s also there is some positive news to be annouced soon for funding for brookvale oval. This is hardly a club going broke but rather more wishfull thinking on your behalf, so enjoy watching your highlights this off season of the doggies finishing 9th & i will watch the highlights of our premiership winning season.:lol:

My highlight is Des signing. I'm pretty sure you would be pretty happy with it? You don't the fact Des sees it as a sinking ship at all? Just left cause he sees better club and better facility perhaps? Cause it wasn't for more money :lol:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Their 2010 pack was very good, hard working and every player knew their roll; through this they were able to command respect from other packs well into 2011 even though their forward pack was no where near as good as it was in 2010.

Towards the back end of the season the respect I mentioned wore off and teams began to expose them for the mediocrity they became.

Yes we were, it was only up until Jim took over that our forward pack started going forward.

I am by no means blaming our forwards lacklustre efforts on Kevin Moore; but I do think that they got too comfortable under Moore; so when he was sacked it sparked a shift in attitude.

So our forward pack went shithouse while it was 6/7 or whatever it was from the start of the season?

So our forward pack went shithouse while it was 6/7 or whatever it was from the start of the season?

TBH that was our honey moon phase; where all the players were fired up and ready to play.

Once the honey moon phase diminished the players began to develop a negative attitude and we went through that terrible slump.

Right, let me break it down for you again your talking about a game we didn't have our only good half.

If you say he doesn't make a difference did you watch how we were against you the 2nd game? Before he was injured we were WINNING, not to mention looked pretty damn good! This was without ENNIS!

Got a clue yet?

I don't need clues, I've got the whole picture.

One poster wrote that your teams forwards had been dominated all year. You wrote that your teams forwards hadn't been dominated at all really. I brang up one match where your teams forwards were monstered and now you're rolling out excuses at 1000 paces.

That win was oh so sweet and so is your frustration.

dikefalos

Juniors
My highlight is Des signing. I'm pretty sure you would be pretty happy with it? You don't the fact Des sees it as a sinking ship at all? Just left cause he sees better club and better facility perhaps? Cause it wasn't for more money :lol:

No i can guarantee you Des will always be a Manly man through & through doesnt matter who he coaches his first love will always be Manly & i cant thank him enough for all the success he has achieved at Manly. Des hasnt left because of the money but because after 9 seasons at Manly he has climed every mountain & is looking for a new challenge he has actually stated it would be better for him financially to remain @ Manly & if your facilities are so much better it sure doesnt mean much in terms of winning premierships

Doggies entered the competition 1935 8 premierships
Sea Eagles 1947 8 premierships :lol:

And if your highlight was signing Des this year it shows how crap your season really was.

Oh & did i mention we have never finished with the spoon in our entire history.

Last edited:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
I don't need clues, I've got the whole picture.

One poster wrote that your teams forwards had been dominated all year. You wrote that your teams forwards hadn't been dominated at all really. I brang up one match where your teams forwards were monstered and now you're rolling out excuses at 1000 paces.

That win was oh so sweet and so is your frustration.

Love the way you ignore as i said we won the first 6/7 i think? Was dominated then hey? The end was what 4/6? pretty dominated again.

I don't need excuses the reality is if you cant work out a game without our only half and our NSW rep hooker to see the difference in our first half WITH our half, yet still without our hooker then you sir are nothing more then a genius. Incase you missed it that was the half we lead and looked the better team only sadly to lose our half. Again still minus our NSW hooker.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
No i can guarantee you Des will always be a Manly man through & through doesnt matter who he coaches his first love will always be Manly & i cant thank him enough for all the success he has achieved at Manly. Des hasnt left because of the money but because after 9 seasons at Manly he has climed every mountain & is looking for a new challenge he has actually stated it would be better for him financially to remain @ Manly & if your facilities are so much better it sure doesnt mean much in terms of winning premierships

Doggies entered the competition 1935 8 premierships
Sea Eagles 1947 8 premierships :lol:

And if your highlight was signing Des this year it shows how crap your season really was.

Oh & did i mention we have never finished with the spoon in our entire history.

If signing one of the best coaches is crap then yeh i guess so.

Don't worry i'll "take your word" that Des told you why he signed with dogs. Not because he sees the club going down the shitter or anything right LOL. Perhaps another merge before being closed for business lol!

Wato

Juniors
Because that's like saying Brad Fitler was a better player than Andrew Johns because he was 2 premierships with different clubs whereas Joey won 2 premierships with the same club. Using that kind of logic until Bennett left the Broncos which was only 3 years ago and after 5 premierships he was just another minion too.

Players are different to coaches because they cant control who there club signs etc. My Point on Bennett and achieving the two premierships at 2 clubs is further supported by your statement. Over the course of Bennetts career and the best example being the past 5 years he has been able to build premiership sides time and again. On the other hand Hasler has built one side that has had player losses over the year but there is just 2 differences to the spine that won in 2008 plus Lyon remains in the side so only one player is lost out of that spine. Credit has to be given to Hasler for the juniors Manly are producing to replace some of the leaving players especially in the forwards. My point is that Bennett has built two premiership squads in the past 5 years while Hasler has just modified the one.

Love the way you ignore as i said we won the first 6/7 i think? Was dominated then hey? The end was what 4/6? pretty dominated again.

I don't need excuses the reality is if you cant work out a game without our only half and our NSW rep hooker to see the difference in our first half WITH our half, yet still without our hooker then you sir are nothing more then a genius. Incase you missed it that was the half we lead and looked the better team only sadly to lose our half. Again still minus our NSW hooker.

If I ignore something you say it either doesn't warrant a serious response or it's relevant. I'd further try to explain why you are wrong but quite frankly you're not that intelligent. I'd have more luck with a brick wall.

If you don't need excuses than don't use them. Your 2nd paragraph is full of them.

Peace out bunniesman. I'm going to continue soaking up Manly's premiership victory. You keep on dreaming buddy.

POPEYE

Coach
Bellamy is still the best because of what he did with only ragtag forwards.

Hasler next even though everything went his way.

Benny next because the first two would never had lost that many in a row.

Griffin the big mover with his biggest test next year.

Most interest will be in who will be #5 in the coming season

Hutty1986

Immortal
Their 2010 pack was very good, hard working and every player knew their roll; through this they were able to command respect from other packs well into 2011 even though their forward pack was no where near as good as it was in 2010.

Towards the back end of the season the respect I mentioned wore off and teams began to expose them for the mediocrity they became.

Yes we were, it was only up until Jim took over that our forward pack started going forward.

I am by no means blaming our forwards lacklustre efforts on Kevin Moore; but I do think that they got too comfortable under Moore; so when he was sacked it sparked a shift in attitude.

:lol::lol: Ah mediocrity, a doggies fan seems well qualified to comment on such a thing. Our pack is still one of the better ones going around and Tolman is the only bloke I'd take from the Doggies. Pritchard is a joke, Eastwood has been absolutely woeful, now missing Bobcat and Ennis is nothing but a grubby liability

Eels Dude

Coach
Players are different to coaches because they cant control who there club signs etc. My Point on Bennett and achieving the two premierships at 2 clubs is further supported by your statement. Over the course of Bennetts career and the best example being the past 5 years he has been able to build premiership sides time and again. On the other hand Hasler has built one side that has had player losses over the year but there is just 2 differences to the spine that won in 2008 plus Lyon remains in the side so only one player is lost out of that spine. Credit has to be given to Hasler for the juniors Manly are producing to replace some of the leaving players especially in the forwards. My point is that Bennett has built two premiership squads in the past 5 years while Hasler has just modified the one.

Coaches don't have total control over who they sign either. Players will come and go in the salary cap era. Your best players will leave for bigger money and even if you want to recruit a player it's up to the player whether they want to go to the club or not. It's not just up to the coach, it's also up to the individual, and salary cap space available. When a club wins a premiership normally the players' prices go up and they have to rebuild from step 1 but Hasler has handled that well in replacing the players he's lost with the right kind of players he needed to replace them hence why he's coached Manly to 2 premierships in a short space of time.

I do agree with your point in regards to Bennett. He deserves a lot of credit for doing what he's done too and in fact you could compare Hasler's career at Manly to Bennett's at the Broncos in a way. I know what you're saying in regards to Bennett building 2 premiership sides as opposed to Hasler the one, but as I said previously given Hasler has only coached one side during that time it's not really a fair comparison. If you look at it that way Tim Sheens is still a better coach than Des Hasler but nobody is suggesting that at all.

dikefalos

Juniors
If signing one of the best coaches is crap then yeh i guess so.

Don't worry i'll "take your word" that Des told you why he signed with dogs. Not because he sees the club going down the shitter or anything right LOL. Perhaps another merge before being closed for business lol!

Again you dribble on with going down the shitter crap it has as much substance as the bulldogs going down the shitter it's all you've got but then again if I supported the dogs it's all I would cling to as well enjoy one season jimmy & i will enjoy our premiership

natheel

Coach
does the coaches have to be in specific NRL clubs? or just coach NRL players? coz Mal Meninga should be up there

natheel

Coach
2011 top 4 coaches

1. Des Hasler
2. Anthony Griffin
3. Ivan Cleary
4. Wayne Bennett

4 coaches to watch in 2012

1. Steve Kearney (alot to prove especially with the signings he has made)
2. Des Hasler (last year at manly. will he last the year)
3. Wayne Bennett (new start, new club)
4. Steve Price (Taking over from Sir Bennett)

Latest posts