What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 5 Favourite albums

1. Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
2. The Beatles - Magical MYstery Tour
3. Lou Reed - Transformer
4. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Acme
5. Sonic Youth - Goo

SP

Bench
Mine are in no order: well i only have 4, not 5

Savage Garden - Savage Garden
Matchbox 20 - Yourself or someone like you
U2 - best of 1980-1990
Lene Marlin - Playing my game

Sportsjock

Juniors
OK COMPUTER - Radiohead
WHITE ALBUM - Beatles
GRACE - Jeff Buckley
PARACHUTES - Coldplay
SGT PEPPERS - Beatles

wittyfan

Referee
Sullyfan's Top 5:

Flowers - Ace of Base: The European version, not the American version that Clive Davis re-mixed and ruined. Though Clive did get them to sing the wonderful ballad "Everytime It Rains" for the US release.

More Than You Think You Are - Matchbox 20: Rob Thomas is the greatest singer ever and "Bright Lights" and "Downfall" are classics.

The Dreaming - Kate Bush: Excellent production throughout and the sound effects in it are fantastic.

Runaway Horses - Belinda Carlisle: The West Coast pop sound was perfected with that release.

Light Years - Kylie: Ahhh, so bright and poppy. :)

legend

Coach
Slipper When Wet (Bon Jovi) - Easily the best hard rock album of the 80's and possibly all time.

Throwing Copper (Live)- I bought it on the back of selling the drama and got into the whole album. Awesome.

Love Gun (KISS) - My favourite KISS album. The song Love Gun is a killer.

Stanger in this town (Richie Sambora) - Top album and showed Sambora is a great artist in his own right.

Keep The Faith (Bon Jovi) - I loved this album. Too many great songs.

Hon mention to Evanesence. Love the album.

millersnose

Post Whore
1.Animals Pink Floyd

2. St Dominics preview - van morrison

3. Physical Graffitti - Led Zep

4. mad dogs and englishmen - joe cocker

5. volume 4 Black sabbath

1. Nirvana - Unplugged in New York. Everything just came together perfectly in this show for Nirvana. Perfect timing, perfect music. The first five songs in particular are brilliant, and Where Did You Sleep Last Night is the best ending I've heard.

2. Doolittle - Pixies. Hard to pick a Pixies album, they all had some great songs. But the standards Wave of Mutilation, Monkey Gone to Heaven and Hey get this one home.

3. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness - Smashing Pumpkins. An incredible variety of music, and a song to fit every mood. 1979 is my favourite, but many of the non-singles are as good as any of the singles, e.g. Muzzle, Thru the Eyes of Ruby.

4. Getz/Gilberto - Getz/Gilberto. Probably the coolest, smoothest album ever. The Girl From Ipanema, Corcovado and Desafinado are the ultimate summer night tunes.

5. Diesel and Dust - Midnight Oil. Nothing like driving in the desert with Gunbarrel Highway, Bullroarer, Warakurna or The Dead Heart on the radio. Also the great protest songs Sometimes and Put Down That Weapon top it off.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Innuendo-Queen
Master Of Puppets-Metallica
S&M-Metallica
Secret Samahdi-Live
Nevermind-Nirvana

Phillips

Referee
1. Limp Bizkit - Significant Other
2. Korn - Take A Look In The Mirror
3. Korn - Untouchables
4. Mudvayne - The End Of All Things To Come
5. Slipknot - Vol.3: The Subliminal Verses

Anonymous

Juniors
3. Korn - Untouchables

Each to their own... but I bought Untouchables, listened once and put it away never to come off the shelf. What happened to the great Korn of their early albums? They revolutionized nu-metal, but now they just sound like all the imitators. Haven't heard the new album though, but I'd hope its an improvement.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I used to be into korn a little. Their first & second albums were quite good, from then on it was like they'd become a cariciture of themselves - no development at all...

If you want to listen to something that's a bnit heavy but not death / speed metal, Helmet are an excellent band. their material circa Betty is their best stuff...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Phillips

Referee
El Garbo said:
3. Korn - Untouchables

Each to their own... but I bought Untouchables, listened once and put it away never to come off the shelf. What happened to the great Korn of their early albums? They revolutionized nu-metal, but now they just sound like all the imitators. Haven't heard the new album though, but I'd hope its an improvement.

i say Issues was the worst korn album, but i really liked untouchables, it has some of their best songs on there although very different from korns early work, but thier new album is in my opinion the best of the lot

choc_soldier

Coach
madunit said:
Innuendo-Queen

I think every album by them is great in a way. I could name a top 5 in Queen albums alone...

1. A Night At The Opera
2. Innuendo
3. A Kind Of Magic
4. The Miracle
5. News Of The World

But here's my top 5 of all time...

1. A Night At The Opera - Queen
2. Pacifier - Pacifier
3. King For A Day - Faith No More
4. Origin Of Symmetry - Muse
5. Fly or Die - N*E*R*D

Red Bear

Referee
1 Frenzal Rhomb - Coughing Up A Storm - Best cd ever, great songs from start to finish, humour with a slight mix of politics and excellent Bass Guitar work from Lex along with their customary sound. Excellent.

2 Frenzal Rhomb - Dick Sandwhich - Probably only loses cos its only got 7 songs but its blody great. Slightly wrecked by the sound quality(although the re-produced version released this year was excellent) but has some top songs on it.

3 The Living End - Self Titled - Know this cd off by heart, got me into better music, seen the band live, love their stuff. Last two albums havent been as reat but this one is excellent.

4 - NoFX - Ribbed/White Trash Two Heebs and a Bean - can't split these two. Both excellent for diferent reasons.

5 - Metallica - Master/Justice/Lightning - Cannot split these 3 cd's, the best metal cd's ever.

Kakihara

Juniors
fat_mike said:
4- propagandhi todays empires tomorrows ashes.

Yeah man this album f**ken ruled, although i havnt heard it in 2 years cause i lost my cd while at uni which f**ked me off.

Anyway my favs are -

Youth Of Today - We're not in this alone - Took that Minor Threats sound and ideas too a new level with this album.

Earth Crisis - Destroy the Machines - Heavy as f**k and everyones favourite militant vegan straight-edge band.

Dillinger Escape Plan - Irony is a dead Scene - Great band as they are but Mike Patton f**ken makes this one a classic for me.

Stretch Arm Strong - Revolution Transmission - Best blend of hardcore and punk there is IMO.

Agnostic Front - Victim In Pain - NY hardcore Ya'll.

ozbash

Referee
dark side of the moon-floyd
turn back the clock-johnny hates jazz
pet shop boys- discography :clap:
wish you were here- floyd
john lennon- imagine
enso-split enz/nz symphany orchestra.

the pogues and nora jones are heard pretty often at our house as well. :D

Rexxy

Coach
nice choices there Ozbash.

My top five change every few years but off the top of my head

Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan. Personal and painful

Stoneage Romeos - Hoodoo Gurus. When they were the real deal. Swamp and stomp.

Dolittle -The Pixies. Sublime. The only band apart from the Cult that can help get your car from Sutherland to the City in 35 minutes.

Crimes of The Century -Supertramp. elegant and pretencious.

The Harder they come Soundtrack. Jamacian bad boys featuring Scotty and the Melodians and Jimmy Cliff