What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 6 biggest hitters

Loudstrat

Coach
What about the mighty Fui?

Freddy loved this hit against his old club. And as Joey said - cutie was in Tokyo after this one!

Last edited:
I'm not sure how Plum could be considered the biggest hitter in anyone's list. There's a difference between being a consistently strong tackler and destroying people. I don't know why people can't tell the difference between a very good tackler and a hit man. What do you know about hitting people so hard they levitate?

I'd go Masoe, Matai, Josh Miller, Tasi, Sims(Ashton), Matulino

6 is too low a number. Blokes like Gallen aren't big hitters, I almost spit my coffee out reading that. Gallen is a typical "let me hug" you type tackler. I'd rather get lined up by Segeyaro or Sandow.

Josh Miller > Everybody < Mose Masoe

Those 2 are highlights machines. Consider that neither of those 2 blokes post much in the way of minutes either.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Chamayne Pavlisi.

Seriously, if Fui hit any of the pretenders mentioned in the top 6, even their grandchildren would be rattled.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Those 2 are highlights machines. Consider that neither of those 2 blokes post much in the way of minutes either.

That's a lot of the reason why they are in this list. I'm sure there's more players that are capable of being considered a huge hitter - but it's not in their interests to go launching shots all game. They'd be knackered and unable to play the minutes they need to.

That's why I think Matulino is top of the tree. Plays reasonable minutes, doesn't exactly launch himself into his hits but gee they stick.

Mr Fourex

Bench

Josh Miller.........hmmm

Looking at your links;

1. head clash with Weyman
2. Miller comes off 2nd best
3. Miller comes off 2nd best
4. repeat of the Weyman head clash

Miller>everybody ........I don't think so.

You can say a lot of things about Matai, but he has put on some big hits over the years.

Put a good shot on Hannant in the prelim..........

That's a lot of the reason why they are in this list. I'm sure there's more players that are capable of being considered a huge hitter - but it's not in their interests to go launching shots all game. They'd be knackered and unable to play the minutes they need to.

That's why I think Matulino is top of the tree. Plays reasonable minutes, doesn't exactly launch himself into his hits but gee they stick.

I disagree. I understand the rationale and considered it before my post, but I can't see someone becoming a hitman by having reduced minutes or vice versa. I think you need size and/or a complete disregard for your own health. Michael Luck for example is never going to be a hitman whether he plays 80 or 5 minutes.

In some cases or as a general rule it might be true to an extent obviously people get tired and hurt playing longer minutes and sometimes looking for hits can be a negative, but with a lunatic like Josh Miller and a sizable monster like Masoe I think you'd get the same thing no matter the minutes.

Matulino should launch himself into his hits. It's the one criticism I have of him. Right now he's a top 10 hitter and arguably number 1 for consistency, but he could be so much more savage if he fired up. Even hen he stands back and lets people run at him he gives them whiplash! He's a bit laid back at times. An evil and angry twin of Matulino would kill people :lol:

Glen

Bench
Fui Fui puts some brutal shots on.

I love when Krisnan Inu fires up too, puts on some massive hits. It's just a shame he doesn't fire up often enough

Latest posts