What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 6 biggest hitters

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yous sure Matai doesn't get a spot in there somewhere? You wouldn't even have to take anyone out to put him in since your top 6 only consists of 5 players.

Haha, I missed the sixth for the reasons above. Why six! It's top 3, 5 or 10 in my book.

Matai does deserve a spot, so he can have #6. I guess I still had him getting owned by Krisnan Inu in the GF in my mind.

firechild

First Grade
Yeah, he got smashed twice by Inu but he comes up with some massive hits, often on forwards, for a bloke his size. I saw him in Brookvale a few years ago with Travis Burns and he made Burns look big.

firechild

First Grade
Tagataese shouldn't get a mention in this list. His claim to fame was hit smashed a small 5/8th twice after the ball had been passed. Wait until he starts putting hits on forwards before he is even considered a big hitter. T-Rex chopping down Tariq Sims was far more impressive than Tagataese taking down Foran.

Matulino is the biggest hitter in the game. He just consistently irons guys out every week.

The biggest hit of the year was Shillington on that Souffs tard though. He obliterated him.

By that token, is it pointless in you being on a league forum and running the rule over the credentials of teams and players? After all, you're not on the field.

No it isn't because I am not claiming anything with surety. I can hypothesise on a forum all I like. The title of the article is "The top 6 biggest hitters in League" A statement of fact on which the author is not qualified to pass judgement imo. If the title was "My top 6 biggest hitters in League" then it would be a different story.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Tagataese shouldn't get a mention in this list. His claim to fame was hit smashed a small 5/8th twice after the ball had been passed. Wait until he starts putting hits on forwards before he is even considered a big hitter. T-Rex chopping down Tariq Sims was far more impressive than Tagataese taking down Foran.

Agreed. No doubt Tagataese would iron me out like a crinkly shirt, but I wouldn't base his selection around those hits.

Rabbit, you are being ridiculously picky. Everyone else got the premise of it.

Taupau should get some love in here, I remember one Dogs game where he almost knocked the eyebrows off every guy who came near him.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Agreed. No doubt Tagataese would iron me out like a crinkly shirt, but I wouldn't base his selection around those hits.

Rabbit, you are being ridiculously picky. Everyone else got the premise of it.

Taupau should get some love in here, I remember one Dogs game where he almost knocked the eyebrows off every guy who came near him.

He goes ok with big hits however he needs to do it for a season to be mentionede with these guys, and im a massive Taupau fan.

hitman82

Bench
Matulino is the biggest hitter in the game. He just consistently irons guys out every week.

The biggest hit of the year was Shillington on that Souffs tard though. He obliterated him.

yeah it's Matulino's consistency that gets him on my list. Every single week, without fail, he will absolutely crush someone - and usually props and second rowers. I read an article which quoted Alehana Mara (I think) as saying back in the Wellington rep competition, whenever their sides met everyone kept an eye on Ben because, even as a kid, he had a reputation for ruthlessly smashing people.

Ben Matulino should be number 1. Hands down.

Consistently smashed the shit out of props and second rowers, unlike that half hunter Tagatese.

Titanic

First Grade
Best 6 chart topping hits for 2011

1. Queensland owning the Blues = 6
2. Darren Lockyer eventually retires his number = 6
3. The number most often associated with News Limited = 666
4. The number of teams that should really contest the finals in a 16 team competition = 6
5. The amount of zeros in Des Hasler's pay cheque = 6
6. The Titans only way is up heading into year = 6

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Plum gets it clearly over everyone else. His technique is awesome and every tackle he makes is hard.

Just look at teams playing Penrith avoiding Plum's defence. I wonder if the Dragons would score any points if Plum was marking up on Matt Cooper.

back in his days at Wagga though, Plums technique wasn't as good, but it was his attack that was his strike weapon, he was a fast elusive Lock who knew how to find the tryline. Many people in Wagga were comparing him at the time to Steve Menzies.

He went to Wests and Tim Sheens coached the attack out of him, and tried to turn him into a prop, the smartest move he made was moving to Canberra where he was utilised as a defensive Back rower.

Penrith have been even better again for him. I hope Cleary can get Plum's agility and hole running ability back again.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He goes ok with big hits however he needs to do it for a season to be mentionede with these guys, and im a massive Taupau fan.

Fair enough..if we're talking hardest hitters here, he's up there though. There's a couple of Jonny come latelys in that Bigpond list, so depends how you're looking at it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Best 6 chart topping hits for 2011

1. Queensland owning the Blues = 6
2. Darren Lockyer eventually retires his number = 6
3. The number most often associated with News Limited = 666
4. The number of teams that should really contest the finals in a 16 team competition = 6
5. The amount of zeros in Des Hasler's pay cheque = 6
6. The Titans only way is up heading into year = 6

The number of players who played at five-eighth for the Titans in 2011 = 6 (Bird, Campbell, Capewell, Henry, Zillman, Rogers)

Izz

Bench
Plum gets it clearly over everyone else. His technique is awesome and every tackle he makes is hard.

Just look at teams playing Penrith avoiding Plum's defence. I wonder if the Dragons would score any points if Plum was marking up on Matt Cooper.

back in his days at Wagga though, Plums technique wasn't as good, but it was his attack that was his strike weapon, he was a fast elusive Lock who knew how to find the tryline. Many people in Wagga were comparing him at the time to Steve Menzies.

He went to Wests and Tim Sheens coached the attack out of him, and tried to turn him into a prop, the smartest move he made was moving to Canberra where he was utilised as a defensive Back rower.

Penrith have been even better again for him. I hope Cleary can get Plum's agility and hole running ability back again.
Well, if it's one thing Cleary loves, it's defensive back rowers. :D

Latest posts