What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top Squad for next year

cb4

First Grade
huh??
not matt king, matyt knight
the guy we got from penrith
but yeh
why not thro some at kingy

Inferno

Coach
Actually you might be onto something Ima.

I was scratching my head about who we could buy if we offloaded Ross, and you've come up with the answer. Matt King!

I think he would be a perfect fit for us as well. Big, fast and can hit a hole, which seems to be the way our attack is moving towards with already 1 big centre in the Pom, and 3 fringe attacking backrowers in Tupou, Gall and Bird.

In a perfect world it would be nice to have 1 creative centre in the mould of Gaz or Hodges, but they are becoming as rare as hens teeth.

cb4

First Grade
yeh but i would like to keep ross
im going back on my early statement
im becoming a fan

evv

Juniors
Why on earth do we 5 more signings?

John Mannah from Parra should fit into that top 25

My thoughts..

Kearney
Brown
Pom
Filiga
Misi
Barrett
Seymour
Douglas
Kingston
Ross
Tupou
Gallen
Bird

Snowden
Williams
Anderson
Seu Seu

Norrie
Selmes
Nutley/Mannah
Stephenson/Bakuya
Green
Hughes
Simmons
Stapleton

good squad. although im not so sure what wil happen with the hookers.

Inferno

Coach
*bump

Well we are a month on and have not re-signed anyone or made another bite into the player market, and we are already in the business end of the season.

From what I've heard we are a good chance to lose both Misi and Covell as well.

Where would that leave our backline next year?

1. Kearney
2. Brown
3. Pom
4. Simmo
5. Filiga/Stapler/Bukuya?

Perhaps throw Ando in the centres given the backrow congestion?

How do people see this playing out.

Last edited:

Since 73

First Grade
0,,6077265,00.jpg

Inferno

Coach
Nutley is definitely retiring and the Cov is in discussions to extend his contract.

Still lives us pretty skinny in the backs though.

1. Kearney
2. Cov
3. The Pom
4. Simmo/Ando
5. Simmo/Brown

Not much better than what we've got this year, and it's clear that while they are adequate, not much more could be said about them.

samshark

Juniors
As you have said weve only filled 20 of the top 25 for next year. Still five to go, at least three of which I would expect to be outside backs. Whether its Misi and Cov or the young guys or others, I am expecting to be stronger there next year. Sticky obviously has something up his sleeve otherwise I think Misi and Cov would have resigned by now. They both want to stay.

Inferno

Coach
Could be cap issues, and we can't afford either.

If that's the case then they will more than likely be filled with youngsters on minimum contracts, and I think it would be debatably whether we will be stronger.

samshark

Juniors
Possibly but I think there still might be a bit of money to spend. Remember we were already a bit under the cap with the offer to Mason. And weve had:

Tupou for Lance
Barrett for Noddy
Hughes for De Gois
Steppa and Cooper will go. Nutley retires. Peek unsigned.

Think there would still be plenty for Cov and Misi or perhaps another name back.

Inferno

Coach
Tupou for Lance
Barrett for Noddy
Hughes for De Gois

Problem is all those, except perhaps Hughes would probably be a significant upgrade on their predecessors.

Nuts was a mid year signing, so probably doesn't free up much. Peek was a last minute signing so he's probably not on much either, and Steppa and Cooper probably aren't on much either.

I really hope we keep Covell, we need at least one rock solid winger.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
As you have said weve only filled 20 of the top 25 for next year. Still five to go, at least three of which I would expect to be outside backs. Whether its Misi and Cov or the young guys or others, I am expecting to be stronger there next year. Sticky obviously has something up his sleeve otherwise I think Misi and Cov would have resigned by now. They both want to stay.

None of them have to be signings though. A couple/few will come from the NYC for sure.

imasharkie

Coach
Still lives us pretty skinny in the backs though.

1. Kearney
2. Cov
3. The Pom
4. Simmo/Ando
5. Simmo/Brown

Not much better than what we've got this year, and it's clear that while they are adequate, not much more could be said about them.

Is there any further news on Soliola signing with us?

Latest posts