What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Deacon

First Grade
Yep I like the fact we've done this properly and not left ourselves short with Soldudo finally gone, don't let the door hit you on the way out

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He's not a striker but looks like Bobby to Villareal should be official very soon, SB to replace him.

A Left Mid and CM to come, Lennon and Faz look to be gone as well.

Deacon

First Grade
New season same bs. Please get rid of Lamela, Truly truly awful. Hurry up and get SB in because poor old Kane can't carry this bunch by himself

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its disappointing starting the season with such a small squad, one striker and a CB in the midfield because we are just so short on numbers.

Then when we get new players they sit on teh bench for a month as Poch likes to let them "settle" first so this will be our squad for a bit.

Trippier hasn't had a run yet either, he is PL experienced so why is he just sitting on the bench when we are struggling for early points.

N'Jie and SB will probabaly sit on the bench for a while before we use them. Meanwhile we could be 4 or 6 games in a with a few lost opportunities.

I know our plan is to buy young, especially with N'Jie, he is raw and will be a way off from starting but our CM needs to be ready to go as we cant keep using Dier.

Linked with Illarramendi overnight which could be pretty good for us if it comes off but a 18 or 19 year old CM wont help us atm, we already have them, we need someone to lead them.

I really think the TW should close before the season starts.

Tommy Smith

Referee
You guys have invested your money worse than Liverpool.

I can't believe how awful your squad is given the few hundred million you've probably spent over the past 3 or 4 years.

But Liverpool are the same.

It's been a staggering display of incompetence in recruitment.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think we have done OK with transfers this TW but they are all young and wont have an immediate effect. What we are doing now we will benefit from in about 6 or 12 months time but for now we are very inexperienced.

We blew Bale's money, no arguments there, but they have all been released except or Chadli and Lamela.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, its only Juve, at least they are cashed up they wanted Eriksen and we said well no, so they go like can we have Lamela and we went like well yeah, how much ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I believe they are very old quotes.

He's also been quoted as saying he cant force him to stay. WBA were holding out for an offer from Citihad who were sniffing around but have since pulled out, so I thinks its just a matter of time, next week maybe.

Same with our DM mentioned a few posts back.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
DM is a definite and a slight chance of one other, so hard to get info atm, my guess would be a right sided replacement for Lennon, Townsend, or even Lamela.

Lennon will never play for Spurs again so he is off much like Ade, its just a matter of whether we get market value offers for either of one of the other 2.

Latest posts